seahawk9

2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

Nike dropped the ball. Jaguars would have been acceptable with a one tone helmet and I want to like the Vikings but the matte almost ruins it, but it's the best looking one out of all of them. What's the appeal of matte anyway?

Not sure I like the Dolphins' uniforms. The design is good, but as is the case with so many other teams, it looks like orange has been relegated to tertiary status. No orange on the helmet, except for the logo, thin orange trim on the uniforms, and thin orange trim on the pants. Whatever blue that is, it's become the secondary color. :lonely:

Edited by DustDevil61

Nike dropped the ball. Jaguars would have been acceptable with a one tone helmet and I want to like the Vikings but the matte almost ruins it, but it's the best looking one out of all of them. What's the appeal of matte anyway?

It doesn't look full on matte to me. It seems more in line with what Seattle has, with the semi-gloss finish. Will have to wait for a better pic to be sure though.

Vikings still have a "Countdown to Uniform Unveiling" clock on their website. Might not need that anymore.

Dolphins look pretty decent, jags need to get rid of the college colored piece of fabric on their sleeve and just go with a black helmet since most

Of the logo is gold and maybe enlarge it some to

Get a quarter gold on the helmet, Vikings look the best the numbers look really nice and like the finish on their helmets also like the purple pants. Now of only the lions would go with blue pants again! One more thing I was hoping for teal pants for the jags tht would have been great and wouldn't the shoulder stripes they have going on work more for the bengals than the jags? Maybe they should have had markings identical

To their logo in the "glossy HGI" finish hahaha

Its pretty obvious that nike would not put a stripe pattern on the helmet that is not replicated on the pants, especially if the stripe is not tapered or anything. You can tell, like CWX said the stripe pattern on the pants is thin orange, thin dark aqua, thick aqua, thin dark aqua, and thin orange. I would assume this is the same on the helmet...and if you look closely to the Tannehill picture, you can tell this is the case as well. Not to mention the numbers are outlined in a thin orange and thin dark aqua. Again, I highly doubt that there is no orange stripe on the hemet.

On another note, I hope that the names on the back of each jersey are orange, or at least in part orange. It would be a nice surprise that would definitely pull the orange back into the whole uniform.

The Jags are getting an awful lot of publicity right now, even ESPN is talking about it, showing tweets from players who have worn them calling them the "Dopest in the NFL"

We're doomed. What is this, 1988?

I don't know why that word has come back around. I guess its like everything else in society now. And besides,'dope' is the new 'kewl'.

Besides the fact that "kewl" was never cool to begin with.

Yes I personally agree.

"Dope" actually petered out around '98.

But yes, NO ONE uses "dope" to describe something they like anymore.

I'm 20. Plenty of people use dope to describe something cool or something they like. Have you not listened to hip hop music recently?

I think tights a little old, but I use that sometimes, sick, sweet, in a slightly different sense and not so much anymore, but I've used swagged out.

I know people use fresh, tough, raw, clean, the list goes on really.

I'm 24. I listen to hip hop, but it ain't the mainstream bull:censored: that's pumped through the radio every 5 minutes. Like I said before, maybe it's a regional thing, but I don't ever hear "dope" describing somethin' someone likes anymore. Not in North Texas, anyway.

But not to derail this any further, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Jaguars will do more than the other teams. And what about the Bucs again? Didn't they make a change to their unis or is it just THAT unnoticeable to mention?

Well Mac miller who never really comes out on the radio's catchphrase is "most dope" I'm sure you've heard Thrift Shop, hella dope is mentioned I believe, if you've ever seen pineapple express they say"dopest dope I've ever smoked". I'm from south Texas and its not really common here, but people will say it, im just saying its used.

And I believe the bucs were considering changed but opted out.

Pineapple Express is a comedy, so it was said in jest. Thrift shop is kind of on the same lines, kinda jokey and having fun. Mac Miller... Is a human turd.

The Jags have a uniform that could have looked nice if they use the right pants/jersey combos, but is ruined by what is easily the worst helmet in the NFL.

The Dolphins are a bit plain, but I needed something a bit plain after seeing what Jacksonville inflicted on the world.

The Vikings show promise but I'm not making a final judgment until I get a better look at everything.

Dolphins and Vikings fans should shut the hell up about their uniforms, because according to Seattle and Jacksonville, they avoided an epic disaster.

For what it is worth, here are my ratings for the three uniforms introduced / leaked today:

Jacksonville Jaguars - 4.9 out of 10 - The helmet and the shoulders destroy this uniform

Miami Dolphins - 5.5 out of 10 - The new shade of aqua and the different helmet and pant stripes along with no aqua pants really hurt this boring look.

Minnesota Vikings - 8.9 out of 10 - Simply amazing! Love the purple facemask and the whole uniform.

How freaking stupid is Nike to cut these teams' legs off by premiering their jerseys at the Jaguars' launch?

That being said, the Dolphins set is bland and uninspiring, a step down from the previous one in every way but the elimination of dropshadows.

The Vikings got matte or satin helmets, purple pants which means we will get monochromes, and holy hell, the single worst font in sports history. What a :censored:ing diaster that font is.

seriously... do you like ANYTHING?

with the exception of that jax helmet these are pretty top notch IMO. Dont think the phins and Vikings couldve done much worse

Seriously... I DO. Yes, the Dolphins set is bland and uninspiring, but I guess that is the better of the two Nike evils, considering the crap they put on the Jaguars' heads. And yes, the Vikings font, from seeing those three numbers, is one of the worst I have ever seen. Deal with it.

I wouldn't call (what looks to be) Minnesota's new number font one of the worst. But upon closer inspection, I think I can see where you're coming from...and I was sincerely hoping the Vikes wouldn't resort to that measure.

Original.jpg

For those who can't see it, look closely at the top and bottom right edges...appears to be little "horn-esque" flares on the numbers, akin to the Louisiana-Lafayette Rajin' Cajuns number font. I'll wait to see the rest of the set before I allow myself to think anything else, but it initially looks a bit too gimmicky for an otherwise straightforward design (from what we can see). Whatever the case, purple pants = win.

I literally cannot be more angry that

1. none of these teams have sock stripes or that

2. The leotard look is alive and well in the NFL.

AT LEAST DO WHITE WITH STRIPES MINNESOTA ITS NOT THAT HARD.

I literally cannot be more angry that

1. none of these teams have sock stripes or that

2. The leotard look is alive and well in the NFL.

AT LEAST DO WHITE WITH STRIPES MINNESOTA ITS NOT THAT HARD.

It would be splendid, actually, if the Vikes had socks that matched their shoulder stripes.

For what it is worth, here are my ratings for the three uniforms introduced / leaked today:

Jacksonville Jaguars - 4.9 out of 10 - The helmet and the shoulders destroy this uniform

Miami Dolphins - 5.5 out of 10 - The new shade of aqua and the different helmet and pant stripes along with no aqua pants really hurt this boring look.

Minnesota Vikings - 8.9 out of 10 - Simply amazing! Love the purple facemask and the whole uniform.

Jacksonville Jaguars - 7 out of 10 - Love the creativity, but I do wish the gold stood out more on the teal and white jerseys to better compliment the helmet.

Miami Dolphins - 9 out of 10 - Perfect example of how simplicity can be better with certain color combinations. Crisp and clean. Plus, I love the white facemask.

Minnesota Vikings - 8 out of 10 - I'm happy the Vikings went back to a more traditional throwback look, but I think they also missed out on a chance to take a creative modern approach. Now they just look like the Packers younger brother. The Vikings are a team that can get away with a combination of their previous alternate uniforms while adding a vikings-type theme or a jersey that showed some sort of battle damage or looked somewhat worn. I'm trying to think of the college team that attempted this, Rutgers perhaps?

One minor uniform note: the Cardinals have their QBs in no-hit Black practice jerseys now:

761620935.jpg

Previously, they've just been in the same unis as the rest of the players.

Or, Carson Palmer liked his Raiders jerseys so much, he brought it with him to practice.

The Vikings are a team that can get away with a combination of their previous alternate uniforms while adding a vikings-type theme or a jersey that showed some sort of battle damage or looked somewhat worn. I'm trying to think of the college team that attempted this, Rutgers perhaps?

People have frustrated me to no end today. Why do uniforms have to have a theme? Why do they have to directly mimic the thing they are named after? Why can't a uniform be designed simply to look good? It's frustrating.

(This was not pointed directly at you).

The Vikings are a team that can get away with a combination of their previous alternate uniforms while adding a vikings-type theme or a jersey that showed some sort of battle damage or looked somewhat worn. I'm trying to think of the college team that attempted this, Rutgers perhaps?

People have frustrated me to no end today. Why do uniforms have to have a theme? Why do they have to directly mimic the thing they are named after? Why can't a uniform be designed simply to look good? It's frustrating.

(This was not pointed directly at you).

Did I say they look bad? I gave them a 8 out of 10. With todays technology, I see no reason why teams can't take a creative approach if the final product looks good. The Vikings already stepped outside of the box with their previous set, so they can easily mix a "theme" and their traditional alternate uniforms. I think an 8 is a great score. These new uniforms are beautiful.

Watching this Elway to Marino 30 for 30. They're using the wrong Chargers helmet for cut away scenes. Using late 80s instead of early 80s.

Am I the only one who thinks any type of "battle damage" will make it look like they just got their asses handed to them? Rutgers looks like the team is taking the field shortly after a local New Jersey biker gang beat them repeatedly with bike chains. Not that "tough" of a look, to me.