2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

am i the only person who thinks it's absolutely ridiculous to wear a "15 years" patch? first of all, the team was founded in 1960. secondly, they JUST wore a 10 year patch.

is there any other team in sports that marks every half-decade with a new anniversary patch?

Even as a Titans fan, I agree that the 15th anniversary patch is ridiculous. However, I think the 10-year patch you're referring to is the 50th anniversary AFL patch.

By just wore, he means five years ago?

2bea_12.jpg

Go A's!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am i the only person who thinks it's absolutely ridiculous to wear a "15 years" patch? first of all, the team was founded in 1960. secondly, they JUST wore a 10 year patch.

is there any other team in sports that marks every half-decade with a new anniversary patch?

Even as a Titans fan, I agree that the 15th anniversary patch is ridiculous. However, I think the 10-year patch you're referring to is the 50th anniversary AFL patch.

2bea_12.jpg

Ohh that was 2008. Forgot about that. I thought he was talking about the AFL 50th patch they wore in 2009.

Agreed. I understand the Stars doing 20 years in Dallas, considering 20 is more the end of the previous era than 25 will be. But anything under 20 in celebration of a relocation is too much to me... especially if you do it every 5 years.

Minnesota: Definitely the best of the trio. Looks like they went with what Texas A&M had w/ a gloss & matte mix in the helmet. I like that the uniforms didn't stray away too much from what they've had, so it's a nice new set.

Miami: TOO simple for them. When I think of Miami, I think of something "out there" while not being outrageous. They could've done better and at least put stripes on the shoulders.

Jacksonville: Worst of the trio. Who mixes gold gloss & matte black?? The previous helmet w/ new logo would have been perfect. Uniforms won't be something memorable like the franchise's earlier sets. They tried to be TOO trendy and failed miserably in the process. If they get back to what used to work, they'd be fine, but with this set, they look like some generic college football team that went to Team Nike & had uniforms made. Just horrible. Somebody tell them to look on these forums in the Concepts section and pick one of those designs. Goes for Miami too.

Does anyone know if the official vector of the new Dolphins logo is supposed to be transparent through the middle?

Miami_Dolphins_logo_2013.png

I'm asking because the Panthers logo is like this: there is never to be a white keyline, even if it means the logo blends into the background. In this case, if it's supposed to be transparent, it means the dolphin will essentially blend into any blue/aqua background.

I guess it does, looks like the middle portion of the logo will always be white. That logo I posted has it set to transparent, which is what had me confused.

I'm glad they did that, though. Logos with transparent sections never work out well.

Bucs announced special on field presentation tomorrow at draft party! Maybe uniforms?

Highly doubtful....would've heard something before now you'd think

The uni shoot out in Oregon had them on display(far right)......looks the same to me....except maybe they dropped the black semi-collar like the chargers opted to....hard to tell.

BIjot0xCIAAlbK1.jpg

Via UniWatch, the Titans have decided to go with this patch

BIpHkhcCcAAaaZn.jpg

Looks like this jersey was made in China. Notice the off "Titans" name above the numerals that don't look actually look like the "real" Titans name. FWIW, I don't understand why the Titans would do a 15th anniversary logo, maybe they want to different I guess. I know no other NFL team did a 15th or 20th anniversary logo.

20 is more the end of the previous era than 25 will be.

I don't follow you.

you'd have to be a dallas stars fan, i guess...

surrounded the 20th patch, the stars traded away the long-serving captain, and the last members of the modano-era teams. the patch also went on the uniforms the final year before a color-and-logo redesign that puts to rest the logo that has been used since the first game in dallas. coinciding with the new owner finally taking full control of his team.

5 years from now, the stars will be smack-dab in the middle of their new era, post-rebuild. 5 years into kelly green, and 5 years into the new logo. just seems like a cleaner stopping point to look back and close a chapter at 20 than waiting till 25.

but the titans have no excuse. this team is exactly the same as the team from the 10 year anniversary, only they've replaced vince young with jake locker, and all the interchangable parts have interchanged for others. same uniforms. same owner. same identity.

Apart from the Jags helmet, which I'll come to in a minute, I can live with all three uniform changes this season. You look at the Dolphins and Vikings unis and you think 'fins or Vikings. They do the job. Reminiscent of Nike's soccer work at the moment, simple and effective. The Jags aren't anything exciting, but definitely an upgrade.

The Helmets though are awful. The design is ok, but the gold doesn't sit well on top of the black and jade. If the unis were black and gold, or the helmets black and jade, they might have looked better. Just smack of doing something unusual for the sake of doing something unusual.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

2bea_12.jpg

Something would be a bit wrong if they wore the 15 year patch anything other than 5 years after the 10 year patch!

That being said a 15 year patch does seem overdoing things. Especially as it ignores the Oilers part of franchise history.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Hi all, I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time, and I finally bucked up and joined. Guess I'll start with my opinions on the recent jersey reveals, since that's what led me to sign up.

Dolphins:

I usually have two favorite teams in a league: My traditional favorite, and a recent team I've grown to like. In the NFL, the Dolphins are my traditional favorite. That being said, I like this look, but I don't love it. It's sleek, simple, and clean, but maybe too clean. Maybe I'll feel different come draft time.

Vikings:

They're the winners for me. Their look screams "Vikings" again.

Jaguars:

Sheesh...........just like Seattle, too many elements to deal with. The helmet overrides practically everything good about their new look.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived