2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I find that quite odd. I've always thought that the Patriots have one of the best looks in the NFL. The silver alts are pretty bad, but otherwise they look pretty good. They could stand a tiny bit more red in their road uniforms but I hope they don't do much with the home look.

I should reiterate - I'm only speculating on any potential uniform changes...only change for 2013 (so far) is this new wordmark - which does NOT apply to the uniforms.

Personally, I think the Pats have the "best" example of side-striping gone horrifically bad. We would be complaining like crazy if a team tried to implement something that incongruous nowadays.

I think the current Patriot look has way too much "elite franchise" cache to get dumped completely, but I agree with you about the mismatching of the side panels to the pants stripe... pretty egregious. Just mostly based how many rings this uniform has collected, I'd keep it 90% intact. I'd leave the helmet as is, leave the home and road pants untouched, and keep the current number font... but the side panels, pointy shoulder stripes, and sleeve logo can all probably be modified.

(Actually, I'd love to see them trade that garish red mask for a navy one, but that's mostly just a personal "rule" they're breaking... Redskins and Lions, too.)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMHO, the Patriots' clownsuits are the perfect example of a uniform that gets overrated due to the success of the team wearing them. In reality, they're an overpiped, mismatched, and poorly-designed mess; pretty much the textbook generic early-to-mid 2000's football uniform.

They got it right in 1993:

front.jpgfront.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Jets put this up on their instagram earlier today, possibly testing the waters for a logo/uniform change? http://instagram.com/p/aY-H5BreCZ/

I hope they go back to the 80s/90s logo, love that logo :D

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

IMHO, the Patriots' clownsuits are the perfect example of a uniform that gets overrated due to the success of the team wearing them. In reality, they're an overpiped, mismatched, and poorly-designed mess; pretty much the textbook generic early-to-mid 2000's football uniform.

front.jpgfront.jpg

I'm not a fan of the Patriots' unis but their road set is underrated. It's wacky because it's kind of a big mess that somehow looks sharp. And I usually despise side panels. As for those Bledsoe-area sets, they would have looked right at home in the USFL.

Kevin+Faulk+Brandon+Tate+Cincinnati+Bengals+BWSWXvJQMQox.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

front.jpgfront.jpg

The pants are awesome I think these pants paired with the jerseys that had the logos on the shoulders, but take out the different shaded subliminal stripes and I think you have a good look and if not those jerseys then use the ones from this set just make the numbers all the same color, but the pants for sure are great.

That definitely would plant the seed of a rebrand.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's like the Angels or Pelicans mated with the Eagles and had a child. I tend to associate "thorns" with western motifs, with the Red Sox Tucson-ish letters being the exception. Wondering if the Red Sox were even a tiny bit inspiration for this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Patriots just released a new wordmark (not sure if it's been released to the general public however). However, the old one will remain on the uniforms, which makes me wonder if a uniform change might be coming in 2014.

I'll post the new wordmark when I think it's "safe".

Uni Watch posted a link to the new Patriots wordmark today.

patriots_wordmark.gif

The Patriots just released a new wordmark (not sure if it's been released to the general public however). However, the old one will remain on the uniforms, which makes me wonder if a uniform change might be coming in 2014.

patriots_wordmark.gif

There ya go. That's it.

There's another one that incorporates the primary mark as well.

patriots_wordmark.gif

i think thats an improvement. but thats not saying much considering what its replacing. will be interesting to see if anything else comes with it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I wonder if this is intended to reflect/mimic the bridge at Gillette Stadium.

photo.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

patriots_wordmark.gif

There ya go. That's it.

There's another one that incorporates the primary mark as well.

I'm wondering how this script incorporates the logo. The original script that went with the logo wasn't a smooth combination, but they made it fit. Does the logo just go beneath the script and that's why the curve? Damn curiousity

Archived