2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The Patriots just released a new wordmark (not sure if it's been released to the general public however). However, the old one will remain on the uniforms, which makes me wonder if a uniform change might be coming in 2014.

I'll post the new wordmark when I think it's "safe".

Uni Watch posted a link to the new Patriots wordmark today.

patriots_wordmark.gif

It reminds me of the wordmark Nike used for the Broncos for the season before they switched to their current identity.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Patriots just released a new wordmark (not sure if it's been released to the general public however). However, the old one will remain on the uniforms, which makes me wonder if a uniform change might be coming in 2014.

patriots_wordmark.gif

What's really interesting is the use of a single color... no red, no silver. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, of course, but "simplify" does seem to one of two ways NFL designs seem to be going (think Dolphins/Vikings vs. Seahawks/Jaguars). Can anybody picture a Patriot uniform with plain white numbers?

patriots_wordmark.gif

What's really interesting is the use of a single color... no red, no silver. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, of course, but "simplify" does seem to one of two ways NFL designs seem to be going (think Dolphins/Vikings vs. Seahawks/Jaguars). Can anybody picture a Patriot uniform with plain white numbers?

if they were to go the college route and use a single color for their jerseys, then yeah I could imagine them with a jersey with plain white numbers. Of course they won't though.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

patriots_wordmark.gif

if they were to go the college route and use a single color for their jerseys, then yeah I could imagine them with a jersey with plain white numbers. Of course they won't though.

I guess the Pats LOVED last years line of draft hats.

22-23424-F.jpg

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

patriots_wordmark.gif

There ya go. That's it.

There's another one that incorporates the primary mark as well.

I'm wondering how this script incorporates the logo.

I dont think it has to

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

patriots_wordmark.gif

Well, no... the Browns, Steelers, Packers, among others have plain white numbers without having single color jerseys.

no oh god no

https://twitter.com/...6801664/photo/1

(new horrible facemask photo)

BMhrzJoCYAAagdm.jpg

Everyone is going crazy over this on Twitter it seems.

Earlier today on UniWatch, there was a story posted about Brian Orakpo's new facemask. He doesn't have it yet, but he said to "Think Bane", as in from Batman. I fully expect it to be this one, or something very similar.

BMkGBRUCQAI0Vgm.jpg

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

It reminds me of the wordmark Nike used for the Broncos for the season before they switched to their current identity.

Wait.... what?

All I remember is the Western style Broncos font and the current one. Enlighten me please

It was used only for one year, the year before the changed uniforms. Here's a picture of a Nike windbreaker I have.

22B7205D-0850-4D8C-B435-642B688DBF0E-308-0000000F511F79FD.jpg

Wait.... what?

All I remember is the Western style Broncos font and the current one. Enlighten me please

It was used only for one year, the year before the changed uniforms. Here's a picture of a Nike windbreaker I have.

That's awful. Im glad that didn't stick around

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

patriots_wordmark.gif

There ya go. That's it.

There's another one that incorporates the primary mark as well.

Almost looks like it's meant to update the helmet-bumper decals the Patriots have worn for years.

The thorny-ness looks terrible for the team. The script is 1000x better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wait.... what?

It was never an official Broncos logotype, just a Nike script that was used on Broncos merch. Similar to what Reebok did for years with every team.

Wait.... what?

It was never an official Broncos logotype, just a Nike script that was used on Broncos merch. Similar to what Reebok did for years with every team.

It wasn't used for any other team though, just the Broncos.

Archived