seahawk9

2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

Saw this in an Eastbay catalog I got today. Looks like the Ravens may be ditching the toilet seat collars also.

0uyd.jpg

Yep. Already been confirmed.

Know of any other teams that are confirmed to be ditching the toilet-seat collars for the upcoming season?

I'm referring to that storied team from Western NY ... gawd I hate those damn collars!

Yes - we've already confirmed the Bills, Ravens, Redskins and Bucs. Broncos are going full collars.

Yes - we've already confirmed the Bills, Ravens, Redskins and Bucs. Broncos are going full collars.

Have we also confirmed the Chargers?

chargersnew.jpg

Have we also confirmed the Chargers?

Yes them too.

Forgive me for not scrolling back 4089 pages if this has already been mentioned.......Are the Texans keeping their awkward Nike collars for 2013?

EDIT: Saints also? and whoever else we're leaving off the "awful collar list"?

Re: Texans - yes.

Saints stay the same as well.

:cursing:

What's worse than being one of the teams with toilet seat collars?

Being one of the only teams that didn't realize immediately that said collars look atrocious.

Know of any other teams that are confirmed to be ditching the toilet-seat collars for the upcoming season?

Wait, so the Bills are dropping it completely? I thought they were going the Patriots route. At least thats what the draft jersey looked like.

tempJOS_0049--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Talk about TACKY...Nike needs to get their s*** together..

Also of note, Some players (Tannehill, Larger D-lineman) have newer practice uniforms with the newer font while others dont

Nike probably isn't required to deliver clothing with the new logo to the team until training camp starts.

Hell he might not even be wearing a shirt from nike, it might be an old reebok one he kept in his closet, and was never told to change it

I can promise you that's not the case. Nike didn't pay all that money to let coaches and players wear Reebok gear.

Wait, so the Bills are dropping it completely? I thought they were going the Patriots route. At least thats what the draft jersey looked like.

Yes - the Bills are going with what was shown at the Draft.

Also of note, Some players (Tannehill, Larger D-lineman) have newer practice uniforms with the newer font while others dont

Nike probably isn't required to deliver clothing with the new logo to the team until training camp starts.

Hell he might not even be wearing a shirt from nike, it might be an old reebok one he kept in his closet, and was never told to change it

His first year in Miami was nikes first year also, but that's possible

I can promise you that's not the case. Nike didn't pay all that money to let coaches and players wear Reebok gear.

On the contrary, if you watched the Dolphins on Hard Knocks last year, many of the players and coaches were still wearing old Reebok gear in workouts and meetings. I've seen players from several teams, including rookies this year, wearing old Reebok practice t-shirts and shorts.

As for the picture in question, that is a Nike shirt from last season, Nike doesn't deliver most of the workout gear until later in the summer.

Yes - the Bills are going with what was shown at the Draft.

Or, in other words, "dropping it (the toilet bowl collar) altogether" in favor of a custom collar that doesn't have the Nikelace.

On the contrary, if you watched the Dolphins on Hard Knocks last year, many of the players and coaches were still wearing old Reebok gear in workouts and meetings. I've seen players from several teams, including rookies this year, wearing old Reebok practice t-shirts and shorts.

I can see where that might happen the first year. It might take time to get the new gear to all the teams. Usually even if they did use another brand's gear they would have to cover up the logo and put on a Nike logo. However, there is no way Nike would allow that to happen going in to the second year.

I can see where that might happen the first year. It might take time to get the new gear to all the teams. Usually even if they did use another brand's gear they would have to cover up the logo and put on a Nike logo. However, there is no way Nike would allow that to happen going in to the second year.

Really? It actually takes time to convert from one look to another throughout a company or organization. How many times do you drive around and see a company or company truck with a 8-10 year old logo? Quite often. The other thing is that you have to realize that the NFL is different from the other major sports in that they really have no off-season so you can't completely clean house on gear worn by players and coaches. I bet when they hit training camp you see everyone wearing the gear. I think they have a grace period as far as how long they can still wear the old logo in public and Nike knows this is needed as they need to supply coaches and players with gear in proper sizes that fit. I guess the original poster doesn't understand the logistics of changing a look and doesn't know what the contract says between Nike and the team.

Really? It actually takes time to convert from one look to another throughout a company or organization. How many times do you drive around and see a company or company truck with a 8-10 year old logo? Quite often. The other thing is that you have to realize that the NFL is different from the other major sports in that they really have no off-season so you can't completely clean house on gear worn by players and coaches. I bet when they hit training camp you see everyone wearing the gear. I think they have a grace period as far as how long they can still wear the old logo in public and Nike knows this is needed as they need to supply coaches and players with gear in proper sizes that fit. I guess the original poster doesn't understand the logistics of changing a look and doesn't know what the contract says between Nike and the team.

And you're also dealing with football coaches. I know a few of them, and they literally do not give a crap about the practice t-shirts they are wearing. It's so far down the list of things they are concerned with. They could have given him a new shirt, but he just grabbed whatever was closest. The players might care about looking good in the new gear, but the coaches don't.

Saints always looked the WORST with the black-white contrast. Look like Disco-era tuxedos.

Don't blame Nike. Blame his wife who is behind on doing the laundry,

Saints always looked the WORST with the black-white contrast. Look like Disco-era tuxedos.

Don't blame Nike. Blame his wife the equipment manager who is behind on doing the laundry,

Fixed your last sentence there for you.

I think some folks need to exercise some common sense here. Running an NFL franchise is a business. You have over 100 employees that you have to supply practice gear for that must be laundered on a daily basis that you have to pay for and each employee that sees the practice field is going to have multiple pairs of uniforms/practice gear and need multiple replacements throughout the season through wear/tear.

If you still have a sizeable inventory of new practice gear that features an old logo but still fits within the new color scheme you are going to burn through that inventory because you've already paid for it and there is most likely no firm regulations surrounding branding and practice gear as there is on game day.

If there's no league mandate or the team is not contractually bound to have brand new nike practice gear, the team is not going to just waste money throwing the old stuff out.

I agree with the premise behind your argument, but what has played out over the league is the opposite. Teams are still handing out old Reebok gear to rookies and players in mini camps. Contractually, it should not be happening, but it is. Frequently.

I agree with the premise behind your argument, but what has played out over the league is the opposite. Teams are still handing out old Reebok gear to rookies and players in mini camps. Contractually, it should not be happening, but it is. Frequently.

The Reebok logos are at least covered up right? I haven't seen anyone wearing Reebok gear with visible logos. Each time I've seen it the Reebok logo has been covered up and a Nike logo had been added.