2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Calling it right now, the Dolphins logo is gonna have silver on the dolphin and everyone is gonna get pissed when the Silver ends up on the Uniform. I can see it as their response to nobody liking the Navy.

"Oh you don't like the navy? Okay then, let's add silver and :censored: it all up. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?"

If that does happen, I'm taking full credit for it—especially since I came up with that idea almost five years ago:

MIAdolphinslogopackage.png

MIAdolphinsprimaries.png

MIAdolphinssecondaries.png

(And the NPC version I did last year)

MIAdolphins_NPC.png

/shameless plug B)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree completely with OldSchool. It might be too old-school to fans of other teams, but to us Viking fans, thats the way we love it.

Redarken the Purple, bring back the northwestern stripes, keep a yellow outline around the numbers and you're golden.

EDIT: Removed at poster's request.

Ohhhhhhh :censored:

Relax... maybe they made the white whiter. /denial

I don't like where this is headed.

qvAvG.jpg

I agree completely with OldSchool. It might be too old-school to fans of other teams, but to us Viking fans, thats the way we love it.

Redarken the Purple, bring back the northwestern stripes, keep a yellow outline around the numbers and you're golden.

EDIT: Removed at poster's request.

:therock:

A darkening of the yellow would be interesting. Would also like if they really de-emphasized the yellow with the (allegedly) new uniforms. I question Zygi's judgment after the current uniform debacle (minus the new helmet horn, which I like), but hopefully he can deliver this time. And please get rid of the bubble number font.

Keep the trickle of information coming, CDixon!

I'm not a Vikings fan, but I would HATE to see them go with that color combination. First off, it would go with the stupid trend of the last 15 years to "improve" colors by making them darker. Gold is not an improvement over yellow. It's not an "update". Also, they have worn the colors for over 50 years. They should wear the same colors until the end of time.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well acording to CDixon, the yellow is changing, despite the 50 years of history. I just think the gold looks nice because it isn't as distracting as the current yellow on the uniforms (especially the collars). But because the Ravens came into the league and hijacked purple and added gold, I don't see the Vikes going the gold route. And it would probably cause a revolt amongst the baby boomer fans a la OldSchoolVikings.

That said, what other type of change to the Norseman could really elicit a "WTF?!" reaction?

They may be changing the yellow somewhat, but it's likely something which most people wouldn't notice. Hell, most of the color changes ColorWerx tells us about are something even we could barely see when the two shades are right next to eachother. This yellow change will not impact the overall look of the team. Changing their yellow to gold would be about like the Bears switching to navy and red. It too drastic and shouldn't happen.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

i dont know what the Vikings or doing, but heres a Nike gold that is darker than Athletic Gold which is what they wear currently i think: http://store.nike.co...131/pgid-693967

but imagine if they went from yellow to Volt :)

That yellow could end up looking nice with purple, and it does seem to be only a "few shades" darker than the current yellow. So if that's the case, there is some other somewhat drastic change to the logo that elicits a "WTF?!?" reaction. Given Zygi's track record, that makes me nervous.

CDixon, say it ain't so.

For the people who know what all the changes are how does it feel to sit here and watch us all guess and talk about stuff that we have no clue about?

It's extremely amusing having worked directly on this stuff. Most of it is completely off base, but it's also frustrating because we can't say anything about what's coming.

OD_Signature.jpg

i dont know what the Vikings or doing, but heres a Nike gold that is darker than Athletic Gold which is what they wear currently i think: http://store.nike.co...131/pgid-693967

For what it's worth, Nike uses the same color designation ("University Gold") for their Packers merchandise.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-569582/pgid-515876&cp=USNS_KW_091212_GPLA

For what it's worth, Nike uses the same color designation ("University Gold") for their Packers merchandise.

http://store.nike.co..._KW_091212_GPLA

As well as the Chiefs, Steelers, etc, etc. The color change that's been implemented is a new color, unique one.

Archived