2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

http://butattheendof...-seat-necklace/

"According to Nike’s online shop page, they’ve photoshopped some gametime images with updates to the collar design. By my count, the Buccaneers, Ravens, Bills, Broncos and Chargers are the teams changing. The Saints, Rams and Bengals are keeping their toilet seat look and the Redskins white jerseys were not revealed. The Cardinals’ jersey is also unknown due to the picture."

Just how credible is 'your count' regarding the Bills among the teams ditching those ridiculous toilet seat collars??

I'm hoping you're 100% spot-on ... I'm just asking

It is happening...

Keq79Q6.jpg

dGKdh01.jpg

6wcETlg.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.chargers....30-e65088394a71

The Chargers posted no photos of the socks, so it's hard to say for sure what they'll look like. The mention of them was buried in an article on chargers.com about the altered collars and nameplates. Here's the relevant text:

The third and final uniform modification is to the team’s socks. Midway up the sock there will now be a gold stripe. There is no change to the helmet or pants.

Read into that what you will. I have no idea if it means the yellow will be in the middle of the navy or underneath the navy, like the Broncos.

"We didn’t make this change so fans had to go out and buy new jerseys. It was never been meant to spruce sales. We wanted to change the jersey because we thought it would make it better.”

love that answer

When reebok did the redesign they should have never used a white collar to begin with as it made the jersey design cheaper than it already was. Same goes with the vikings yellow collar. Overall it's pretty rare with modern jersey cuts where a contrasting collars or sleeve cuffs actually look good. Penn State is about the only team that I can think of where going single color was a step backward.

what do you mean it made it cheaper? it looked like a HS or NCAA jersey?? i dont think a colored collar is necessarily a bad thing, its just about color application and balancing the design. Penn State's does that well, but the Chargers and Viks have so much going on already in the jerseys, its probably best to have a solid collar. thats just how i see it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The Chargers posted no photos of the socks, so it's hard to say for sure what they'll look like. The mention of them was buried in an article on chargers.com about the altered collars and nameplates. Here's the relevant text:

The third and final uniform modification is to the team’s socks. Midway up the sock there will now be a gold stripe. There is no change to the helmet or pants.

Read into that what you will. I have no idea if it means the yellow will be in the middle of the navy or underneath the navy, like the Broncos.

"We didn’t make this change so fans had to go out and buy new jerseys. It was never been meant to spruce sales. We wanted to change the jersey because we thought it would make it better.”

love that answer

When reebok did the redesign they should have never used a white collar to begin with as it made the jersey design cheaper than it already was. Same goes with the vikings yellow collar. Overall it's pretty rare with modern jersey cuts where a contrasting collars or sleeve cuffs actually look good. Penn State is about the only team that I can think of where going single color was a step backward.

what do you mean it made it cheaper? it looked like a HS or NCAA jersey?? i dont think a colored collar is necessarily a bad thing, its just about color application and balancing the design. Penn State's does that well, but the Chargers and Viks have so much going on already in the jerseys, its probably best to have a solid collar. thats just how i see it

Yes thank you for reiterating my exact point.

"According to Nike’s online shop page, they’ve photoshopped some gametime images with updates to the collar design. By my count, the Buccaneers, Ravens, Bills, Broncos and Chargers are the teams changing. The Saints, Rams and Bengals are keeping their toilet seat look and the Redskins white jerseys were not revealed. The Cardinals’ jersey is also unknown due to the picture."

I see no evidence suggesting Tampa is ditching the "toilet collar" if your referring to the D. Martin pic, it's too hard to tell IMO.

love that answer

Yes thank you for reiterating my exact point.

giving explanations and talking through design decisions to other's vague comments is what i do best :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I see no evidence suggesting Tampa is ditching the "toilet collar" if your referring to the D. Martin pic, it's too hard to tell IMO.

Official NFL graphics show the change for 2013.

Just how credible is 'your count' regarding the Bills among the teams ditching those ridiculous toilet seat collars??

It is happening...

Keq79Q6.jpg

dGKdh01.jpg

6wcETlg.jpg

I would have preferred a solid royal collar on the royal jersey and a solid white collar on the white jersey, but these will do. Anything is better than that toilet seat collar.

Now if the Bills would only make the socks white at the very top rather than royal when wearing the blue pants on the road.

Always thought the '62 and '63 home uniform would have made a better throwback than the '65 all-white faux throwback.

kemp15.jpg

The numbers were really on the sleeves in 1965, not on the shoulders, and the sleeve striping didn't look quite like this in 1965

leodis-mcKelvinopnh-4580-mid.jpg

This photo below is Mike Stratton's authentic 1965 away jersey. Since the sleeves are so short in today's modern era, it would have been more authentic of a throwback to use the '62-'63 jersey since the numbers could remain on the sleeves and the striping was between the top of the sleeves and the shoulders.

stratton58rrroadd1965.jpg

Random question, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Anyone here have an authentic Reebok Bengals jersey? Are the stripes supposed to be screenprinted on the jersey?

The stripes are screenprinted.

Gotcha. For some reason I thought they would be material, but just like my Bills authentic they were printed on. I'm dumb.

mav23.gif

It is happening...

Canzman ... what about the 1965 all-white faux throwbacks, are they in the guide to be worn once or maybe twice this upcoming season??

Anyone here have an authentic Reebok Bengals jersey? Are the stripes supposed to be screenprinted on the jersey?

Gotcha. For some reason I thought they would be material, but just like my Bills authentic they were printed on. I'm dumb.

For the record, I believe other team's stripes are printed on as well. I know the 49ers and Packers have printed on stripes too.

For the record, I believe other team's stripes are printed on as well. I know the 49ers and Packers have printed on stripes too.

steelers are either sublimated or woven into the fabric...not sure about the bears or cowboys

It is happening...

Canzman ... what about the 1965 all-white faux throwbacks, are they in the guide to be worn once or maybe twice this upcoming season??

They are in the guide... but that doesn't mean they will see the light of day. Packers Throwbacks and Browns Throwbacks were in their guides last season but never worn.

Archived