2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I prefer the new Patriots wordmark. The only thing I'd change would be to remove the flared elements at the bottom of the A and the second T.

I like this new wordmark. Something about the script mark never seemed to fit with everything else, especially since the Patriot head itself was treated differently than as a stand-alone logo. This way, the Patriot head logo is consistent across all applications.

I don't mind the trails on the A and T. I think they add a bit more structure to the arched text, instead of leaving gaps due to the natural letterspacing. Plus, the wordmark should fit across the end zone better instead of being compacted around the center of the field.

Since the wordmark is not changed on the jerseys, I wonder if this will translate into new numbers next year, mimicking the spiky style of the new letters.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed in the Madden 25 video, the Patriots pants appereared to be white. EA's carelessness for accuracy or a hidden uniform we don't know about?

EDIT:FINALLY, POST 500 on JULY 4, 2013! :flagusa::unclesam::smileyusa:

Screenshot_2013_07_04_at_7_37_04_PM.png

Screenshot_2013_07_04_at_7_36_16_PM.png

Screenshot_2013_07_04_at_7_35_48_PM.png

fXTbKyV.jpg

AFAIK, this is the first real image (not shopped by Nike, not graphics, but a real uniform worn by a flesh and blood player) that confirms collars are indeed changing this year.

Somewhat disappointing, as Denver was the one team the toilet seat collar actually worked for.

6uXNWAo.png

I noticed in the Madden 25 video, the Patriots pants appereared to be white. EA's carelessness for accuracy or a hidden uniform we don't know about?

Considering it's EA, they probably just don't give a :censored:.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Agreed.

Example 1

madden_nfl_13_brian_urlacher_adrian_peterson_screenshot.jpg

Example 2

madden2004_03_johnson1.jpg

fXTbKyV.jpg

AFAIK, this is the first real image (not shopped by Nike, not graphics, but a real uniform worn by a flesh and blood player) that confirms collars are indeed changing this year.

Somewhat disappointing, as Denver was the one team the toilet seat collar actually worked for.

No it didn't.

Go A's!

fXTbKyV.jpg

No it didn't.

Actually, yeah it did. The cutoff collar matched up with the side paneling when it came towards the front. It fit with an already-existing element rather than looking like it was shoehorned in, which was the case with all the others.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

fXTbKyV.jpg

No it didn't.

Actually, yeah it did. The cutoff collar matched up with the side paneling when it came towards the front. It fit with an already-existing element rather than looking like it was shoehorned in, which was the case with all the others.

No differing opinions allowed please.

Agreed.

Example 1

madden_nfl_13_brian_urlacher_adrian_peterson_screenshot.jpg

Example 2

madden2004_03_johnson1.jpg

Those were legitimate pants for those teams. They just never wore them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll believe that when I see a legitimate photo of them. They may have been in the style guides, but I've never seen a photo of them in the locker room or the practice field, etc.

True...not sure what happens with these things.

The Jags had two different styles of Teal pants listed in various style guides, but were never seen nor worn. Those Bears Orange pants were in the 2012 graphics package, but NOT listed in the On-Field files. And were never worn.

It's kind of a "tree falls in a forest" thing.

fXTbKyV.jpg

No it didn't.

I second you because those collars looked horrible!

spacer.png

I'll believe that when I see a legitimate photo of them. They may have been in the style guides, but I've never seen a photo of them in the locker room or the practice field, etc.

True...not sure what happens with these things.

The Jags had two different styles of Teal pants listed in various style guides, but were never seen nor worn. Those Bears Orange pants were in the 2012 graphics package, but NOT listed in the On-Field files. And were never worn.

It's kind of a "tree falls in a forest" thing.

I'm guessing none of these pants were ever produced. We would have seen them show up during minicamp or camp during the following years.

The Patriots' pants have been really light silver (close to white) in Madden for about 8 years. It's nothing too new.

The thing that pisses me off is the decal placement on the helmet. The Patriots logo is never cut off by the holes in the Revo Speed.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I remember for the longest time, the Broncos wouldn't wear the navy pants under Shanahan. I would assume they were in the style guide the entirety of the tenure, though. One Monday night game they re-introduced them against the Raiders, and the articles the following day said the equipment guys had to order the pants special in time for the game (which was mid-season I think).

That leads me to believe that, even though a set of pants might be in the style guide, not all would be produced in advance simply because they're in the style guide.

I remember for the longest time, the Broncos wouldn't wear the navy pants under Shanahan. I would assume they were in the style guide the entirety of the tenure, though. One Monday night game they re-introduced them against the Raiders, and the articles the following day said the equipment guys had to order the pants special in time for the game (which was mid-season I think).

That leads me to believe that, even though a set of pants might be in the style guide, not all would be produced in advance simply because they're in the style guide.

When the uniforms were designed, they were supposed to wear navy pants with the navy jersey. They wore the combo once in the preseason. Elway and others hated the navy pants. Nike had to scramble and make white pants for the navy jerseys.

When the uniforms were designed, they were supposed to wear navy pants with the navy jersey. They wore the combo once in the preseason. Elway and others hated the navy pants. Nike had to scramble and make white pants for the navy jerseys.

That's really not true. IIRC Elway wore a navy jersey with white pants the day the uniforms were unveiled. The Broncos wore navy jerseys and white pants in their first two preseason games in 1997 against the Bills and Dolphins, then wore all navy in preseason week 3 against New England.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived