2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lewand admitted the excitement surrounding a potential alternate is felt within the walls of Allen Park, but the Lions must also "preserve our traditions."

LOL, does preserving tradition come with losing seasons and being the laughing stock of the NFL?

Perhaps if you're one of those people who thinks that "tradition" only dates back to the 1970's.

Lions upcoming alternate uniform and black pants update http://www.wxyz.com/...says-stay-tunedtempphoto09-072813--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

This article is packed with more little nuggets of terrible terrible news than you'd have thought possible in so short an article.

Idiots in charge of everything.

So to sum it up...

• Possible alternates being allowed like Pro Combat, etc.
  • The idea of an all black uniform for the Lions, including the helmet.
  • The thought that team executives are actually interested in what Nike deems 'creativity'.
  • That the Lions true Honolulu blue throwbacks are 'never' coming back.

So yea, that all SUCKS. Especially the removal of the alternate rule the NFL currently has. That's what worries me the most.

Did you catch this part of tthe article?...

"Calvin would look good in anything. We could go back to our real Honolulu blue and silver throwbacks with no black and Calvin could still pull that off," Lewand joked.

In other words, this pinhead is saying that Calvin would look good even in something as ugly as our old throwbacks.

Moron

i agree with that

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Those Lions uniforms look pretty plain. I see the sleeve stripes are gone... I'm not a fan of the black pants either. Really ugly. They need to go. If they are going to sport solid colored pants, why not just go with silver, similar to their Thanksgiving Day throwback uniforms?

Those Lions uniforms look pretty plain. I see the sleeve stripes are gone... I'm not a fan of the black pants either. Really ugly. They need to go. If they are going to sport solid colored pants, why not just go with silver, similar to their Thanksgiving Day throwback uniforms?

You realize this is training camp, and those are practice uniforms?

spacer.png

We talkin' about practice, man!

I think of Black shoes along the lines of old men who wear White socks with Black shoes. Truly horrific.

If they wear Black shoes, then Black socks. White shoes - White socks.

I know this is a few days late but I just want to say: A-freaking-men.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Vikes (at least in this picture) using last year's game pants.

Is that a common thing after redesigns?

Yes. Equipment managers retain a lot of the old pants and they use them for practice because practice pants get beat to hell.

The Bengals changed their uniforms in 2004, but as recently as 2009 (when they were on Hard Knocks) there were players wearing pants from the previous design during training camp.

PvO6ZWJ.png

please for gods sake no black uniforms for the lions, they didn't look good in 08 and wont look good now

Lions upcoming alternate uniform and black pants update http://www.wxyz.com/...says-stay-tunedtempphoto09-072813--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

The last thing the league needs is more plain black leotards like the Saints and Ravens....the worst looking pants in the NFL!

Someone didn't read the article.

Lewand explained the black practice pants are easier to clean than the traditional silver pants worn in years past. The reasons for making the switch were practical.

"The black pants in practice are really just an outgrowth of black shorts when it's a shorts practice. It's a stock Nike product," he said.

Nope, I did not read the article as it is hard enough to look at the website at work and not spend too much time read an article....maybe for future posts people place the main highlights of the article in the forum.

spacer.png

when did the Vikings sign Darren Sproles? :D

Well done. LOL'd.

Not sure if it's a uniform change per se, but the Giants DT Marvin Austin has a new facemask design which I haven't seen before.

BQYGTRhCAAAPOY2.png

I don't usually care about facemask designs but that's badass.

Bane is playing for the Giants?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

when did the Vikings sign Darren Sproles? :D

Well done. LOL'd.

Not sure if it's a uniform change per se, but the Giants DT Marvin Austin has a new facemask design which I haven't seen before.

BQYGTRhCAAAPOY2.png

I don't usually care about facemask designs but that's badass.

Bane is playing for the Giants?

looks like a kicker's mask with extra reinforcement on the top and sides

Archived