2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

1. Did anyone see this or am I a few pages too late?

http://pro32.ap.org/article/nfl-wont-let-mathis-wear-special-face-mask

2. Anyone involved in this current Jaguars look should be shot.

In reference to #1, yeah, you can only have special facemasks if it receives medical clearance. Canty has one due to eye injury some time ago. Tuck is recovering from neck injury. Mathis did not have any medical concern to warrant new mask.

Any pictures of the Chargers uniforms?

Too lazy to go to Google.com and just search for photos from last night? Or how about this? http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?gameId=330808024

Go A's!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raiders wearing black cleats now. I like em.

Old news.

Bears wearing white shoes this year. That's news.

I think the lighting in the dump that is the Humpty Dome, makes the Vikings helmet look more different from the jersey. Once they get into an actual stadium with proper lighting, I don't think they'll look so odd.

The Vikes helmet is terrific.

One thing about all uniforms this year...because everyone (except kickers) has to wear knee and thigh pads, the uniforms look better. Football players actually look more like the way football players are supposed to look. The pants with no pads look sucked and made football players look like baseball players. Bout time NFL players now look like the rest of American football players and have to protect themselves like everyone else does too.

We still got a "Worst Post of the Day" ribbon floating around this joint?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

RIP Florida football uniforms. Bucs don't have enough juice to save you.

1009833_10151705072603666_1357826929_n.j

:lol:

My God...Those helmets are even more hilarious than I even imagined them. Isn't a tiger supposed to be jumping out of the bushes or something???

:notworthy:

They presented it as "a jaguar leaping out of the shadows", and it took all of five seconds for everyone to point out that the jaguar head was actually pointed out of the light, and headed into the dark. That's how stupid this design is.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They presented it as "a jaguar leaping out of the shadows", and it took all of five seconds for everyone to point out that the jaguar head was actually pointed out of the light, and headed into the dark. That's how stupid this design is.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm almost 40 years old, and I honestly can't remember a worse design element in all of sports than this year's Jags helmet. Can anybody else think of one? There are a few that come close, for sure...49ers "new" logo...Packers change from green to blue...How can one franchise mess up so bad???

It's like Christmas time for all of us design geeks. You'll never see something so mainstream, so messed up again.

My God...Those helmets are even more hilarious than I even imagined them. Isn't a tiger supposed to be jumping out of the bushes or something???

If they had gone with a solid gold dome they would be unique as the only gold helmet without a middle stripe in the league....unique in a good way.

I think one of the most frustrating things about them is the fact that have always had the potential to be very good (the old helmet was always one of my favorites in the league) and yet they have always managed to cheapen it up with gimmick even before the current set.

The jersey's pretty decent, dumb "JAGS" badge aside. It's a better jersey than the one it's replacing. But everything else... hooooooly crap.

If they had gone with a solid gold dome they would be unique as the only gold helmet without a middle stripe in the league....unique in a good way.

I think one of the most frustrating things about them is the fact that have always had the potential to be very good (the old helmet was always one of my favorites in the league) and yet they have always managed to cheapen it up with gimmick even before the current set.

I liked the teal flake they added to the helmets a few seasons ago. Had they kept that lid, gone with the new teal and gold colors, and revised their first uni set a touch, they would've had a beautiful identity IMO.

I liked the teal flake they added to the helmets a few seasons ago. Had they kept that lid, gone with the new teal and gold colors, and revised their first uni set a touch, they would've had a beautiful identity IMO.

The Jaguars 2009-12 helmet was hands down the best in the league, color-wise. Impossible to replicate in a gumball helmet (my only complaint), but the single coolest paint design for a helmet I've seen.

*Issues yet another prayer of thanksgiving that Kroenke matched Khan's bid for the Rams*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Jaguars 2009-12 helmet was hands down the best in the league, color-wise. Impossible to replicate in a gumball helmet (my only complaint), but the single coolest paint design for a helmet I've seen.

I have to disagree. I hated the way the helmet's teal flake made the blacks look mismatched.

20130809__Vikings%202.jpg

"Don't worry...I got an orange peanut." I just hope somebody got Harbaugh some cake. :D

Actually they said it hunts "in the shadows" so it can be argued that the explanation is still dumb but at least matches the helmet. This is from the Nike article somebody linked to: "...which stalks its prey in the shadows before pouncing."

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

*Issues yet another prayer of thanksgiving that Kroenke matched Khan's bid for the Rams*

Khan has been a fantastic owner for us. But if all you care about is your owner's fashion sense, then go ahead and keep sending up prayers.

Archived