2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The Jaguars are getting exactly what they were wanting by changing their uniforms and doing some "wild" with their helmet. They are getting attention. Attention from fools like the people on these boards, who think they are crazy.

Sure, most of the dorks on this site don't like Jacksonville's look. They didn't make their uniforms for the uniform dorks, who think everyone should have striped socks, block numbers, bright colors and generic looks.

The worst uniforms in the NFL right now are either of the Ohio teams. Both are horrible. Cleveland's will FINALLY be changing in 2014, so we won't have to be subjected to those tired and ugly-ass stripe-infested things much longer.

Dallas's are pretty bad too. Hopefully they finally get an update soon.

I give a thumbs up for all 3 teams who updated this year. All are upgrades. Most of the uniform updates in the past decade have been upgrades over the previous set. That's really all you can ask for.

:wow: Dennis actually used apostrophes correctly?

applause_thumb%5B2%5D.gif

Of course, he had to avoid referencing "jersey's" to do so, but still... baby steps.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike spent the 2013 off-season fixing most teams' toilet seat collars. The 2014 off-season better be spent fixing those awful, wet, dark gut panels. For some teams in particular, they look terrible.

CwxLp7v.jpg

They will only get worse as more of the nike mesh gets incorporated into these templates. Basically the back of the jersey is nearly all one giant mesh panel in the newest college version. This is all in the name of lighter and more moisture wicking but what you have are two completely different materials with one that changes color when wet while the other does not. Worse yet it doesn't even look as cool as hypercolor did back in the day.

Nike spent the 2013 off-season fixing most teams' toilet seat collars. The 2014 off-season better be spent fixing those awful, wet, dark gut panels. For some teams in particular, they look terrible.

CwxLp7v.jpg

They will only get worse as more of the nike mesh gets incorporated into these templates. Basically the back of the jersey is nearly all one giant mesh panel in the newest college version. This is all in the name of lighter and more moisture wicking but what you have are two completely different materials with one that changes color when wet while the other does not. Worse yet it doesn't even look as cool as hypercolor did back in the day.

Its actually more one material gets wet, and the other doesnt, which explanes the color change, i dont know why they cant make the mesh parts out of the same material just in a mesh pattern rather than the solid material

I'm sure this has been pointed out already, but I just noticed the Jaguars' shoulder numbers don't have the gold outline. I keep finding new things to hate about these uniforms!

That and the NOB not having outlines are my only complaints about the actual uniforms besides the helmet.

Yes I don't care for that inconsistency.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I don't know where else to put this. You may or may not have heard, but Denver fans are in an uprising because the NFL has decorated our city with Flacco's putrid image. Today on the local sports talk station, the guys on the lunchtime show got a hold of a guy from the NFL who is in charge of PR. Long story short, The guy said these are just the first steps of what the league has planned for next Thursday, saying they are treating the event "like the Super Bowl" and that when football fans see everything come together on Thursday, not only will they enjoy it tremendously, but "we will pull off something that fans will say only the NFL could do something like that" and then he hung up.

There is now local speculation that not only could the Ravens get an endzone painted purple with their logo in it at SAF@MH, but the league could also allow them to wear either their normal home purples or their all black alternates in Denver while the Broncos still wear orange.

As a Broncos fan, it pisses me off a bit that they are kind of taking a home game away from us, but as a uniform fan, i think it could look pretty cool to see Denver's orange contrast with Baltimore's purple or Black on prime time television. What say you?

Well they were supposed to schedule this game at home but it conflicted with the orioles game and so they were gonna have parking issues. Otherwise it would've been at Baltimore. So I understand why broncos fans are upset but really this game shoulda been played at home for them all along.

I got an idea I haven't heard mentioned yet

why doesn't Jacksonville just adapt 2 helmets

one gold one one black one

and interchange them, being the first ever NFL team to wear 2 helmets instead of only having one to choose from

I'd fix the problem and be SUPER COOL

and interchange them, being the first ever NFL team to wear 2 helmets instead of only having one to choose from

irf8sFc.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The problem is that the NFL won't allow two helmets, which is a shame as I think some (Keyword: Some) cool things could be done like in College Football. However, this forum might very well explode if that were to happen, so...

bSLCtu2.png

Teams helmets are basically their logos, so I think the nfl is right on this one. Having alternate helmets outside of throwbacks would just be mess at the end if the day and possibly ruin the "helmet as logo" concept. See college football. It's a disaster IMO

I kinda feel the same way about baseball cap logos. I think that's THE defining logo for a baseball team. So even if you west different color caps, the logo should always be the same.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived