2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Am I the only person to notice the Raiders also don't wear the Pro Combat/Speed Machine/Chain Maille template? It just hit me watching the Seahawks/Raiders game.

Yep, the only one ever.

I just have never seen it talked about here
Raiders get there uniforms from an outside manufacturer and just slap on the nike logo, or the reebok logo before that, which is also why their jerseys look like they belong to a jv highschool team (only talking about the materials used)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So from the looks of things, the NFL 59Fifty sideline caps are pretty much all the same as last year. I for one really like that. I understand why Reebok switched them up every year, but there's no need to go crazy and change elements of the 59Fifty every year.

I love them. I want a Titans one, but I live in Denver so my only option is online. However, I'm not gonna try that because the sizing is horrendously inconsistent. I'm not getting one unless I can try it on myself. I've had a 7 3/8 that was noticably larger than a 7 5/8, and a 7 1/2 that was smaller than a 7 1/4. There's no consistency and it's maddening.

I've always never really worn fitteds due to my hair growing out, beacuse then hats can become unwearable. I recently got a Brewers BP hat, and it fits perfect as of today, but the official game hat doesn't fit me as good as the previous hat despite being the same 7 1/8 size. I only bought the hats to own official on-field merchandise and not some half assed adjustable hat.

I'm not saying Snapbacks are better but like...

Snapbacks are better. :ghostface:

There is NOTHING about a snapback that's better than a fitted. They're absolute garbage hats that are poorly constructed and cheaply made, yet their price point is still comparable to a fitted.

I think they look better on my head especially when backwards then fitteds. Fitteds look like a beanie or something when I wear them backwards when looking from the front of me.

Idk, they just tend to fit better. I wear both still. I'm 20 by the way and am totally prepared to be lectured by the old men here

I'm 27 and I will lecture you.

It's really about the "vintage" phase people are going through. Back then, snapbacks were popular just because of the fabric, design and ease in mass production. (Plus for me when I was a kid, it was cheaper, so I just went with it.) Then the fitteds came through and it was easier to mass produce that. It's really a cultural thing. Soon enough, some new fad will come of some old fashion and people will be all over it. I just can't wait until the snapback fad leaves.

Go A's!

Neither can I.

Am I the only person to notice the Raiders also don't wear the Pro Combat/Speed Machine/Chain Maille template? It just hit me watching the Seahawks/Raiders game.

Yep, the only one ever.

It was discussed at length last year when Nike took over the contract. Four teams - the Raiders, the Packers, the Eagles and the Falcons, did I miss any? - didn't buy Nike's marketing pitch for whatever reason and continued to utilize their old construction.

Neither can I.

Yep, the only one ever.

It was discussed at length last year when Nike took over the contract. Four teams - the Raiders, the Packers, the Eagles and the Falcons, did I miss any? - didn't buy Nike's marketing pitch for whatever reason and continued to utilize their old construction.

Panthers, I believe?

So from the looks of things, the NFL 59Fifty sideline caps are pretty much all the same as last year. I for one really like that. I understand why Reebok switched them up every year, but there's no need to go crazy and change elements of the 59Fifty every year.

I love them. I want a Titans one, but I live in Denver so my only option is online. However, I'm not gonna try that because the sizing is horrendously inconsistent. I'm not getting one unless I can try it on myself. I've had a 7 3/8 that was noticably larger than a 7 5/8, and a 7 1/2 that was smaller than a 7 1/4. There's no consistency and it's maddening.

I've always never really worn fitteds due to my hair growing out, beacuse then hats can become unwearable. I recently got a Brewers BP hat, and it fits perfect as of today, but the official game hat doesn't fit me as good as the previous hat despite being the same 7 1/8 size. I only bought the hats to own official on-field merchandise and not some half assed adjustable hat.

There is NOTHING about a snapback that's better than a fitted. They're absolute garbage hats that are poorly constructed and cheaply made, yet their price point is still comparable to a fitted.

I think they look better on my head especially when backwards then fitteds.

Snapbacks don't look better than fitteds on anyone when worn backwards. Trust me. No one's walking past you on the street thinking "Wow, that's a sweet look!!"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think they look better on my head especially when backwards then fitteds.

Snapbacks don't look better than fitteds on anyone when worn backwards. Trust me. No one's walking past you on the street thinking "Wow, that's a sweet look!!"

it's all based on the look you are going for, I like snap backs because i think it fits better than a fitted and I can adjust it for different ways i want to wear it, i tend to tighten it when it's forward, and loosen it and let it drop back when i wear it backwards. It's all just a matter of preference

Concerning the Titans comments above, my all-time favorite NFL uniform is the 70s-80s-90s Houston Oilers (white helmet, columbia blue-n-red, take your pick home or away they're both great). I wish the Titans would add a little red into their jerseys and pants, then go Oilers-style white jersey/columbia blue pants or columbia blue jersey/white pants. I don't mind the navy at all, but would keep it for alternates only. Yeah, they're not the Oilers any more, but man they looked good when they were.

The columbia and navy combo just lacks the red, much in the same way that the Tampa Bay Rays would look much better, imho, if they used the athletic gold a little more here and there.

Easily solution.

Caps are made in China, so their sizing is larger than normal. I wear 7 1/2 but for the cap, I bought a 7 3/8.

And if you do online purchasing, like from Lids, I recommend the Ship to Store option (it's free). And there, you order two caps, one of each size. When you get to the store, try them on and keep the one you want, return the other one on the spot for a full refund. Simple as that.

Also, if you don't have that kind of time, just try on a different team cap and just go from there with that sizing.

Well. the thing is that trying on another team's hat wouldn't do me any good. Every hat of the same size fits me differently. I've spent a lot of time trying on 59FIFTYs... I've tried on three different 7 1/2s that have all me radically differently. Of my Rockies hat collection, I have a mixture of 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8 (even one 7 3/4)... all of which fit me the same. I also have (I swear) a 7 3/8 that fits larger than a 7 5/8. It's maddening. I'll never look into buying online because I can't try on each individual hat until I find one that I want to take home.

Easily solution.

Caps are made in China, so their sizing is larger than normal. I wear 7 1/2 but for the cap, I bought a 7 3/8.

And if you do online purchasing, like from Lids, I recommend the Ship to Store option (it's free). And there, you order two caps, one of each size. When you get to the store, try them on and keep the one you want, return the other one on the spot for a full refund. Simple as that.

Also, if you don't have that kind of time, just try on a different team cap and just go from there with that sizing.

Well. the thing is that trying on another team's hat wouldn't do me any good. Every hat of the same size fits me differently. I've spent a lot of time trying on 59FIFTYs... I've tried on three different 7 1/2s that have all me radically differently. Of my Rockies hat collection, I have a mixture of 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8 (even one 7 3/4)... all of which fit me the same. I also have (I swear) a 7 3/8 that fits larger than a 7 5/8. It's maddening. I'll never look into buying online because I can't try on each individual hat until I find one that I want to take home.

Which is why I suggest ordering several, ship to store, keep one, return the rest. It's a hassle but if you really want the cap, that's your best option. You'll find the right one by that.

Go A's!

Snapbacks are better because then you can have $wag. Don't you want to look like Bieber?

#yolo

Well I like adjustable hats, I refuse to call them snapbacks, cause I feel like thats just a marketing term and Im certainly not that demographic. (I like my brim curved and for the crown of the hat to be flush against my actual head!). Then again its usually the belt type or velcro strap on the hats. Or flexfit, I like those as well.

The classic Sports Specialties "script" hat with a contrasting brim is a great, clean, straightforward look. I wish they made it in a flexfit or fitted. $30+ snapbacks can go screw.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Maybe its my age group (i turn 30 in march) but snapbacks look like hats that old men buy at truck stops, or little kids wear because they're still growing. Adjustable hats look more natural on an old business man that is wearing a dress shirt and tie under his NHL jersey than anyone else.

I grew up on snap backs because fitted hats didn't become regularly available until my teenage years. To me they just look and feel like the opposite of "cool." Plus, they never fit my size 8 noggin.

I much prefer the flexfit hat over all else. However, the 90's hats from growing up, they're only available in the original adjustable (snapback) style. Logo Athletic & Starter only used the plastic adjustable snap, and that's how they were made. My sharktooth, paint spatter and electric shock hats are something I absolutely love. However, if there was ever a way to get the exact same design in a flexfit style, I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

I'm not a fan of Snapbacks for the trend of it, I seriously just prefer an adjustable hat because my hair grows out alot and it pisses me off just thinking about a fitted not fitting me after a certain amount of time.

Also, isn't this a thread about NFL uniforms? Yeah, I think it's my fault for jumpstarting this discussion. Sorry about that. :P

bNgAMPK.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Archived