2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Not only does monochrome generally suck, but the Seahawks have especially bad one. Plus they get extra blame for being the NFL pioneers of this garbage.

Not true the packers were monochrome in the 60s

Way to miss the point. First of all, not once did the Packers wear monochrome in the 60's.

Second of all, he means that the Seahawks were the first team to use a monochrome color look for their primary home look since the wild days of early NFL before the traditional football aesthetic was established.

Yeah, you're thinking of the 1950s, early 1950s to boot, and as McCarthy says, there's a reason that the look was dropped completely when the NFL's aesthetic became codified in the 1960s. They finally set a professional look, and monochrome wasn't welcome.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reddit guy (or one of you!) made this collection of NFL throwbacks on modern cuts.

http://imgur.com/a/X027Y#1

Those are all awesome. Damn I wish the Titans would throw back to the Oiler days. Looking at those Giants throwbacks... is it actually possible to have striped collars like that with the new jerseys? I know the actual collar isn't, but the "toiler bowl" part above it

I photoshopped the helmets to see how they'd look if they were all black. Even in matte form, which is a scourge on helmet design, it looks so much better and more professional.

okayjags_zps44622384.png

terriblejags_zps8c6f4e8c.png

The all-black helmet makes the gold logo pop so much more. From the waist up, they actually look good.

Out of curiosity, could someone make the helmet all gold? I want to see what it looks like

I photoshopped the helmets to see how they'd look if they were all black. Even in matte form, which is a scourge on helmet design, it looks so much better and more professional.

okayjags_zps44622384.png

terriblejags_zps8c6f4e8c.png

The all-black helmet makes the gold logo pop so much more. From the waist up, they actually look good.

Out of curiosity, could someone make the helmet all gold? I want to see what it looks like
Out of place

Hope they'll be wearing the texturized, faux leather helmets that Washington wore last year. That plain brown helmet really kills the entire set for me.

EDIT:

Please have them wear the helmets the Redskins wore with their throwbacks. Those glossy brown helmets are atrocious.

What he said.

Hurm. Didn't notice that before. Thanks!

But yes, CW. They announced it back in May. They'll wear them on October 20 against the Browns.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/photo-gallery/Third-jersey-coming-back-in-October/4e9f6686-086e-40d1-a2d7-20e81487e5c8

No word on the helmets, if Nike will be using the Washington leatherette pattern or if they'll stick with solid gloss brown.

...we'll be seeing the Packers' blues again this season.

Is that right?

Interesting.

They're selling Nike versions on the team site, FWIW.

http://packersproshop.com/Green-Bay-Packers-Jerseys/Acme-Jerseys/

I noticed it a few weeks back and I forgot to post it here.

I figured they would wear them again eventually, especially consdiering that there was a bunch of Acme Packers merchandise at Lambeau Field when I went a couple weeks ago. I also want to point out they were selling official game worn pants there too, which was pretty cool.

bSLCtu2.png

Reddit guy (or one of you!) made this collection of NFL throwbacks on modern cuts.

http://imgur.com/a/X027Y#1

The Ravens look amazing.

Also, the Dolphins, Saints, Falcons, Browns, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Chargers look pretty good. Dolphins and Chargers really missed out on making beautiful uniforms.

Archived