2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The Jags are a joke when it comes to attendance. The Packers sell out pre season games while the Jags are praying not to use tarps

To be fair, the Bills, Lions, Bears, Bengals, Steelers(!), Cardinals, Vikings, Chargers, Dolphins, Rams, Buccaneers, and Raiders all had worse attendance than the Jaguars last year. Also, the Jaguars' stadium is the fourth-largest stadium in the NFL yet is located in one of the league's smallest markets. (The tarps actually are there to bring the capacity down to what Wayne Weaver had originally intended before the city council demanded more seats for the Florida/Georgia game every year.)

All things considered, the Jaguars aren't doing nearly as badly attendance-wise as people like to claim they are.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what the right phrase is here...maybe the best of a bad look? In any case, even as an outspoken critic of Seattle's unis I have to admit they didn't look that bad on Sunday.

seahawks-panthers-football.jpg

It looks like the helmet and jersey are a different shade of blue... :therock:

Helmets are a matte navy blue, this should be the Seahawks home look but they are in love with the all blue monochrome for some reason

Not sure what the right phrase is here...maybe the best of a bad look? In any case, even as an outspoken critic of Seattle's unis I have to admit they didn't look that bad on Sunday.

That's probably the best way to put it.

I think enough time has passed to have a pretty good and honest opinion about this look, and I have to say that this look is a complete mess. I just don't like it one bit. I agree the grey pants make it a little bit better...but what's a little bit better than 'completely s#!tty'???

I think enough time has passed to have a pretty good and honest opinion about this look, and I have to say that this look is a complete mess. I just don't like it one bit. I agree the grey pants make it a little bit better...but what's a little bit better than 'completely s#!tty'???

I actually like where nike went with the design itself but to lose the steel/seattle blue and swap it with navy just kills the whole look...way too generic...the gray also feels like a trendy add just so they could make a gray alt.

I actually like where nike went with the design itself but to lose the steel/seattle blue and swap it with navy just kills the whole look...way too generic...the gray also feels like a trendy add just so they could make a gray alt.

Maybe they should have kept the Seahawk Blue color, darkened the grey a bit and had white numbers........It is trendy, they will be ready for a change in another 10 years like the last set......

The Jags are a joke when it comes to attendance. The Packers sell out pre season games while the Jags are praying not to use tarps

To be fair, the Bills, Lions, Bears, Bengals, Steelers(!), Cardinals, Vikings, Chargers, Dolphins, Rams, Buccaneers, and Raiders all had worse attendance than the Jaguars last year. Also, the Jaguars' stadium is the fourth-largest stadium in the NFL yet is located in one of the league's smallest markets. (The tarps actually are there to bring the capacity down to what Wayne Weaver had originally intended before the city council demanded more seats for the Florida/Georgia game every year.)

All things considered, the Jaguars aren't doing nearly as badly attendance-wise as people like to claim they are.

What's the point of comparing the Jaguars to the Packers? That doesn't do anything.

If you want to talk about jokes, jokes are on any fan who buys full price tickets to go to preseason games.

Go A's!

What's the point of comparing the Jaguars to the Packers? That doesn't do anything.

If you want to talk about jokes, jokes are on any fan who buys full price tickets to go to preseason games.

In fairness, it seems as though Jacksonville fans frequently bring up the point the Jaguars' stadium is the fourth-largest stadium in the NFL yet is located in one of the league's smallest markets. Well, when the Packers ARE in the smallest market, and have the third largest seating capacity now, and STILL have a waiting list of over 100,000 names, it seems like it's a fair thing.

As for pre-season tickets, some teams have their fans by the short-hairs. From the teams' standpoint, why would they knowingly accept less money than you have to for those tickets? I hate paying full price for them, but it's the cost of doing business.

It's where I sit.

Yeah, I don't think the Packer comparison is particularly fair. Very few fanbases can live up I that, due to the singular history and ownership legacy.

That said, Jacksonville is just this side of a failed market. Time for them to step up and be counted, not just sit back and wait for Khan to give them a great team first. They have plenty of defenders on these boards who insist that the fans will do just that, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. For now.

Because, at the risk of offending another group of fans on here, I'm pretty confident that Khan's home town is going to be without its team in a couple years.

I initially hated this look and was really disappointed, but it's now one of my favorite sets in the league.

If they filled in the crown pattern on the pants with the green I think it would spruce up the white and grey pants very much.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Yeah, I don't think the Packer comparison is particularly fair. Very few fanbases can live up I that, due to the singular history and ownership legacy.

That said, Jacksonville is just this side of a failed market. Time for them to step up and be counted, not just sit back and wait for Khan to give them a great team first. They have plenty of defenders on these boards who insist that the fans will do just that, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. For now.

Because, at the risk of offending another group of fans on here, I'm pretty confident that Khan's home town is going to be without its team in a couple years.

I agree that the comparison isn't particularly fair. However, as long as a Jacksonville fan wants to bring up the 4th smallest market issue, I'll continue to point to the Packers. As you say, at some point you have to step up and support the team. I made this point one other time when a Jacksonville fan complained about it being too hot, or too cold, or something. That's just excuse making, and it won't help fix the problem.

It's where I sit.

It's also not really fair to consider Green Bay such a small market. Yes the city of Green Bay is tiny.. But in all reality the Packers are Milwaukee's NFL team.

Having said that, there's more than enough people in the Jacksonville area to sell out the games if people really cared. It's not like the stadium is in the middle of the Grand Canyon. There are 80,000 football fans there, they just don't support the team enough to buy tickets.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

For me, blue on blue at home and white on blue on the road in the best look for Seattle. Especially since the blue pants have green on them.

I hope Seattle's home monochrome is accepted on here eventually. They pull it off perfectly.

Can someone explain ESPN's attendance figures to me? According to them, only 4 out of the 16 games this past weekend sold out... if so, how did we all watch them? The Bills game was definitely not blacked out for me, but ESPN says it was not sold out?

Before the start of the season, each team is allowed to set a threshhold of ticket sales that must be met in order for the blackout to be lifted. The threshhold is any point between 85% and 100% of non-suite/premium/luxury seats. That number can't be changed once it is selected. If a team does not meet this level 72 hours prior to kickoff, the game is blacked out.

HOWEVER, the team also has the option of paying 34 cents on the dollar to buy up enough tickets to reach their threshhold level and avoid a blackout. Why? Because the visiting team receives 34% of the gate. Essentially, the home team (or a local sponsor, such as the local network affiliate) is paying the minimum that the visiting team would receive in ticket revenue for the ability to broadcast the game locally.

So, any talk of 'we've sold out x number of games' needs to be looked at critically, because that may really mean 'our owner has paid to have us on local TV'.

It's where I sit.

Archived