2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That "midnight green" matches remarkably well from helmet to jersey to pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

BT-zlqpCIAA07of.jpg

Patriots end zones with new script

The script logo was so much better, and classy

I actually prefer this one. The other on had way too much going on and was not that great.

This end zone could benefit from a navy endzone however.

The script logo had "way too much going on"?

The problem with the new endzones is the flying Elvis is down too far, disconnected from the word. The official logo has the flying Elvis overlapping the team name.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Did the Jagoffs rent their stadium out to a peewee football league?

jaguarscrowd.jpg

Wow. Just wow. Givin' the Marlins a run for their money. Was this near the beginning of the game or garbage time in the 4th quarter?

this was the 4th quarter when the game was out of hand and the fans had been Gabbert'ed for 3 hours/

The game was sold out, so this is clearly late in the game. Plus, you can tell by the brightness of the sun in the photo that it's late in the afternoon

"Sold out" because the owner bought unsold tickets at $0.34 on the dollar? Or "Sold out" in that you couldn't walk up to the ticket window at kickoff and buy a ticket? I recall reading a description earlier this week that the stadium looked pretty empty - I'll go find it.

Yes, it was late in the fourth quarter, probably just before the last or next to last possession for the Jags. So 2-4 minute mark left to go. I left at the 2 minute warning.

Yes, it was a "fake" sell out. I am sure the same could be said for a few other teams in the league as well. There were 59k butts in the seats at the start of the game. So about 8k short of a "real" sellout. But then again the Rams were about 11k short on their opening day of a real sellout. San Diego was about 10k, and that was a Monday night game.

So yeah .... Jags are the obvious choice to head to LA.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Can someone explain ESPN's attendance figures to me? According to them, only 4 out of the 16 games this past weekend sold out... if so, how did we all watch them? The Bills game was definitely not blacked out for me, but ESPN says it was not sold out?

Before the start of the season, each team is allowed to set a threshhold of ticket sales that must be met in order for the blackout to be lifted. The threshhold is any point between 85% and 100% of non-suite/premium/luxury seats. That number can't be changed once it is selected. If a team does not meet this level 72 hours prior to kickoff, the game is blacked out.

HOWEVER, the team also has the option of paying 34 cents on the dollar to buy up enough tickets to reach their threshhold level and avoid a blackout. Why? Because the visiting team receives 34% of the gate. Essentially, the home team (or a local sponsor, such as the local network affiliate) is paying the minimum that the visiting team would receive in ticket revenue for the ability to broadcast the game locally.

So, any talk of 'we've sold out x number of games' needs to be looked at critically, because that may really mean 'our owner has paid to have us on local TV'.

But... only 4 of 16 games sold out on opening weekend?

Not sure what the right phrase is here...maybe the best of a bad look? In any case, even as an outspoken critic of Seattle's unis I have to admit they didn't look that bad on Sunday.

Get some green on those pants and you have a winner.

They could have a consistent pant stripe/pattern with the green, plus i think they should change the sleeve insert on the white and grey jerseys to match the blues....

As a Seahawks fan I am partial to the new look and from time to find a new favorite combo and agree the navy jersey with grey pants is great in my book. I love the updates you've posted, I think my biggest problem with the current set is the lack of green on the white and grey jerseys, other than the outline to the numbers. Making the shoulder triangle green makes this look much more cohesive and the pants stripes are awesome. I'd love to see the white jersey and pants too. Job well done.

Here's the same mockup on an actual pic. Also for got to mention that I added green to the neck pattern to match the pants stripe....

SeattleGreyTweaks-Pic.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Can someone explain ESPN's attendance figures to me? According to them, only 4 out of the 16 games this past weekend sold out... if so, how did we all watch them? The Bills game was definitely not blacked out for me, but ESPN says it was not sold out?

Before the start of the season, each team is allowed to set a threshhold of ticket sales that must be met in order for the blackout to be lifted. The threshhold is any point between 85% and 100% of non-suite/premium/luxury seats. That number can't be changed once it is selected. If a team does not meet this level 72 hours prior to kickoff, the game is blacked out.

HOWEVER, the team also has the option of paying 34 cents on the dollar to buy up enough tickets to reach their threshhold level and avoid a blackout. Why? Because the visiting team receives 34% of the gate. Essentially, the home team (or a local sponsor, such as the local network affiliate) is paying the minimum that the visiting team would receive in ticket revenue for the ability to broadcast the game locally.

So, any talk of 'we've sold out x number of games' needs to be looked at critically, because that may really mean 'our owner has paid to have us on local TV'.

But... only 4 of 16 games sold out on opening weekend?

111228-obama-economic-record.gif

87Redskins.png

Not sure what the right phrase is here...maybe the best of a bad look? In any case, even as an outspoken critic of Seattle's unis I have to admit they didn't look that bad on Sunday.

They could have a consistent pant stripe/pattern with the green, plus i think they should change the sleeve insert on the white and grey jerseys to match the blues....

As a Seahawks fan I am partial to the new look and from time to find a new favorite combo and agree the navy jersey with grey pants is great in my book. I love the updates you've posted, I think my biggest problem with the current set is the lack of green on the white and grey jerseys, other than the outline to the numbers. Making the shoulder triangle green makes this look much more cohesive and the pants stripes are awesome. I'd love to see the white jersey and pants too. Job well done.

Here's the same mockup on an actual pic. Also for got to mention that I added green to the neck pattern to match the pants stripe....

This is the way it should be take the silly wordmark off the left hand side of the chest & it would be an OK look the helmet still needs more green.

The Blue pants you worked up would look better with some gray added somewhere.

Gigantic improvement.

Gigantic improvement.

Now explain to me why we (people on this website) can up with better looking concepts or adjustments in uniform concepts than those professional agencies, working with mutimillion $ computer design programs etc. and making thousand of $s. I mean simple tweaks that everyone agrees with should have been done in the first place.......Come on Man....................................

seahawks-panthers-football.jpg

SeattleGreyTweaks4.png

Excellent...........................Such small adjustments in color striping and jersey triangle makes all the difference in the world. Why can't the team see this ???????

Gigantic improvement.

Now explain to me why we (people on this website) can up with better looking concepts or adjustments in uniform concepts than those professional agencies, working with mutimillion $ computer design programs etc. and making thousand of $s. I mean simple tweaks that everyone agrees with should have been done in the first place.......Come on Man....................................

Because we (people on this website) don't have to answer to the client. If you've ever had an actual design job, you know that just about every time the client is going to insist that you implement a bad idea or remove a good idea.

jNTsTyQ.png

Gigantic improvement.

Because we (people on this website) don't have to answer to the client. If you've ever had an actual design job, you know that just about every time the client is going to insist that you implement a bad idea or remove a good idea.

This.

Archived