2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, the Vikings will probably take the easy way out and switch to those boring throwbacks, perhaps even hopping on the equally played-out gray facemask fad.

Sadly? I think it looks great.

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/roller/minnesotavikingsblog/resource/Vikings2009/W12Favrethrowback.jpg

I know people have different opinions but no one on earth can tell me this piped- and side panelled-out piece of :censored: looks good

https://twitter.com/...505265237110785

https://twitter.com/...511821890551810

Not sure if this is true but just seen it on twitter.

Sure seems true that it it's a concept. I don't even see anything in those tweets implying that it's an actualy leak.

as a dolphin fan i really like that...besides all the navy...really hope we get orange pants...

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Sadly, the Vikings will probably take the easy way out and switch to those boring throwbacks, perhaps even hopping on the equally played-out gray facemask fad.

Sadly? I think it looks great.

http://www.sportsfan...rethrowback.jpg

I know people have different opinions but no one on earth can tell me this piped- and side panelled-out piece of :censored: looks good

Yeah, a return to a version of that uniform would be great. Nike gets a lot of ink for their new modern designs (like the Seahawk mess), but what they seem to do pretty well is the more traditional looks. To me, the Bears, the Chiefs, the Browns, etc, all look better with Nike than they did with Rbk. Nike does a better job keeping standard sleeve stripes somewhat horizontal. Its too bad the Vikings didn't do a throwback this year... I would've liked to see Nike's version of it.

And while I obviously agree with you about the current look that leaves no 2000-era uniform fad unaddressed, I hope they wouldn't just rubber stamp that throwback, as is. A few simple updates (use the current helmet, gold trim on the jersey numbers, better proportions on the pants stripes, resist the urge to bring back the UCLA jersey road stripes) and you'd have an awesome look. One that better suits a 50 year old team playing in the NFC north.

mia_2013.jpg

Real or not, this 2013 Dolphins concept is freaking fantastic! Would love ot see this turn out to be the real deal.

logo looks good. but those arnt exactly Nike templates. they're PS'd pictures of stuff thats already out there.

When you say "stuff thats already out there" do you mean leaks or do you mean fan made designs?

Nike gets a lot of ink for their new modern designs (like the Seahawk mess), but what they seem to do pretty well is the more traditional looks. To me, the Bears, the Chiefs, the Browns, etc, all look better with Nike than they did with Rbk. Nike does a better job keeping standard sleeve stripes somewhat horizontal. Its too bad the Vikings didn't do a throwback this year... I would've liked to see Nike's version of it.

Agree 100%. The difference in how much better the Browns jerseys look this year compared to last year is amazing. (On The Logocast, Mike W. has said the same thing about the Chiefs and Bears.) I think the Nike jersey cut/template/whatever you want to call it, has been a huge upgrade over Reebok. Everyone looks better. Hell, Nike even has the Jags all white uniforms looking halfway decent.

BB52Big.jpg

As I watched the Bears lose this week I was looking at the Vikings helmet and reveling in what a great, great helmet that is. If only they could get a thinner number set and ditch the side panels/piping crap and sharpen up the shoulder horns, it would be a tremendous look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Nike gets a lot of ink for their new modern designs (like the Seahawk mess), but what they seem to do pretty well is the more traditional looks. To me, the Bears, the Chiefs, the Browns, etc, all look better with Nike than they did with Rbk. Nike does a better job keeping standard sleeve stripes somewhat horizontal. Its too bad the Vikings didn't do a throwback this year... I would've liked to see Nike's version of it.

Agree 100%. The difference in how much better the Browns jerseys look this year compared to last year is amazing. (On The Logocast, Mike W. has said the same thing about the Chiefs and Bears.) I think the Nike jersey cut/template/whatever you want to call it, has been a huge upgrade over Reebok. Everyone looks better. Hell, Nike even has the Jags all white uniforms looking halfway decent.

The Bears and Chiefs look better due to the moving of TV numbers to the shoulders. While that's something that happened under Nike, it's not something that is exclusive to Nike. Had that been done by Reebok, the jerseys would look every bit as good as they do now.

I think it's far from "everyone looks better." Most of the two-toned Flywire collared teams look worse. The Jets are a freaking mess with the mismatched colors (not necessarily Nike's fault, mind you).

Nike's biggest contribution has been a jersey that seems (from observation, anyway) to fit players much, much better. The graphic portions of Nike templates range from much improved to much regressed.

The Bears and Chiefs look better due to the moving of TV numbers to the shoulders. While that's something that happened under Nike, it's not something that is exclusive to Nike. Had that been done by Reebok, the jerseys would look every bit as good as they do now.

I think it's far from "everyone looks better." Most of the two-toned Flywire collared teams look worse. The Jets are a freaking mess with the mismatched colors (not necessarily Nike's fault, mind you).

Nike's biggest contribution has been a jersey that seems (from observation, anyway) to fit players much, much better. The graphic portions of Nike templates range from much improved to much regressed.

Obviously you didn't see this article from ABC news. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/10/nfl-heavyweights-hate-new-slim-fit-uniforms/

spacer.png

Obviously you didn't see this article from ABC news. http://abcnews.go.co...m-fit-uniforms/

Ok, so outside of overweight people, the jerseys fit better. Plus, I think he meant they visually look to fit the players better. This looks especially to be true with Nike's Bengals uniforms.

mia_2013.jpg

Real or not, this 2013 Dolphins concept is freaking fantastic! Would love ot see this turn out to be the real deal.

logo looks good. but those arnt exactly Nike templates. they're PS'd pictures of stuff thats already out there.

When you say "stuff thats already out there" do you mean leaks or do you mean fan made designs?

That's an old Photoshop template from a couple years ago (I want to say it was originally for the Nike College GI Drag shows, but am not sure). When you see that, you know it's a fan design.

The Jets are a freaking mess with the mismatched colors (not necessarily Nike's fault, mind you).

It absolutely is Nike's fault. They produce a pile of crap, called it "advanced" and handed it to the Jets. It was entirely unprofessional to so horribly mismatch the color you were supposed to reproduce. If Nike couldn't match the Jets and Packers shade of green (or even do the entire jersey in one shade of green instead of multiple), they should have done something differently and either come up with a special template for those teams or just recommend they use the old materials. Of course, the Jets were fools for looking at the crap they were handed and approving it, whereas the Packers said it was unacceptable. However, Nike should have never even let jerseys like the Jets' see the light of day.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived