2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Roger Goodell seems like the kind of guy who finds a mouse in his house and then decides the best solution is just to burn the house to the ground.

Talk about overkill, geez. Helmet padding is what gets "broken in" not the helmet itself. You can easily transfer padding between helmets, in most cases it just snaps right in.

Mouse?

Junior-Seau-e1359042770116.jpg

Well put.

"Mouse" is the wrong word, because the brain injury concerns are very serious. But to fix the analogy, prohibiting alternate helmets as a safety measure is like noticing a poisonous snake in your house, and reacting by going outside and shooting your neighbor's dog. There's no evidence whatsoever that one has anything to do with the other.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the Packers blogs I follow on Facebook posted this... apparently they yanked it from Uniwatch.

1238761_10151644839443342_1938901630_n.j

I have to say I like it better this way than with the brown helmets, even though it's less accurate. But it's all the more reason for the Packers to use this as their throwback.

Lambeau_Hutson_preview.jpg

The Shareholders blog? 'Cause I'm the one who posted it (although I wreaked Phil's photoshop a little to make the helmet a little more gold and a little less yellow).

I'd love to see Curly Lambeau's classic uniform back again as an alt. Provided they do it a little better than they did in 1994.

"Mouse" is the wrong word, because the brain injury concerns are very serious. But to fix the analogy, prohibiting alternate helmets as a safety measure is like noticing a poisonous snake in your house, and reacting by going outside and shooting your neighbor's dog. There's no evidence whatsoever that one has anything to do with the other.

No, the analogy is still very much broken.

Unless you think that small repetitive brain injuries players suffer couldn't possibly have anything to do with the hits they take on the football field. Which is an interesting position and all but puts you at odds with, you know, the scientists studying this.

So, still no.

The Jags are a joke when it comes to attendance. The Packers sell out pre season games while the Jags are praying not to use tarps

To be fair, the Bills, Lions, Bears, Bengals, Steelers(!), Cardinals, Vikings, Chargers, Dolphins, Rams, Buccaneers, and Raiders all had worse attendance than the Jaguars last year. Also, the Jaguars' stadium is the fourth-largest stadium in the NFL yet is located in one of the league's smallest markets. (The tarps actually are there to bring the capacity down to what Wayne Weaver had originally intended before the city council demanded more seats for the Florida/Georgia game every year.)

All things considered, the Jaguars aren't doing nearly as badly attendance-wise as people like to claim they are.

What's the point of comparing the Jaguars to the Packers? That doesn't do anything.

If you want to talk about jokes, jokes are on any fan who buys full price tickets to go to preseason games.

Really? The jags had a better attendence then all those teams? Or did Khan buy out the stadium in an effort every week to keep the home games broadcasted?

I know. Khan bought his own sections just so he can sit in every seat to find the best one in the house. That's it.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The Jags are a joke when it comes to attendance. The Packers sell out pre season games while the Jags are praying not to use tarps

To be fair, the Bills, Lions, Bears, Bengals, Steelers(!), Cardinals, Vikings, Chargers, Dolphins, Rams, Buccaneers, and Raiders all had worse attendance than the Jaguars last year. Also, the Jaguars' stadium is the fourth-largest stadium in the NFL yet is located in one of the league's smallest markets. (The tarps actually are there to bring the capacity down to what Wayne Weaver had originally intended before the city council demanded more seats for the Florida/Georgia game every year.)

All things considered, the Jaguars aren't doing nearly as badly attendance-wise as people like to claim they are.

What's the point of comparing the Jaguars to the Packers? That doesn't do anything.

If you want to talk about jokes, jokes are on any fan who buys full price tickets to go to preseason games.

Really? The jags had a better attendence then all those teams? Or did Khan buy out the stadium in an effort every week to keep the home games broadcasted?

I know. Khan bought his own sections just so he can sit in every seat to find the best one in the house. That's it.

You're very uninformed. It's actually sad. Khan has bought zero tickets you jackwagon.

You're very uninformed. It's actually sad. Khan has bought zero tickets you jackwagon.

I'm a jack wagon. How cute? Throw around more insults.

The Jaguars are such a joke, they are playing the next four years in London and the teams fan base is currently picketing for the team to sign Tim Tebow.

The team has come a long way from the Mark Brunell glory days. If only the NFL realized it and would euthanize that miserable cat.

It's time for that team to move. Let them go to London and leave them behind without their passports.

Most of these are a miss for me. However, the Patriots and skins logos I would adopt as primary logos. The 9ers and packers logos I really like as alternate logos.

And the bears logo isn't great, but I like the hidden wishbone-C as the corner of the mouth.

Coincidentally, those are two taken from Davidson, I'm almost positive about it.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Most of these are a miss for me. However, the Patriots and skins logos I would adopt as primary logos. The 9ers and packers logos I really like as alternate logos.

And the bears logo isn't great, but I like the hidden wishbone-C as the corner of the mouth.

Coincidentally, those are two taken from Davidson, I'm almost positive about it.

not taken, but heavily referenced. also throw in the Titans

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

When did this turn into the "some guy did some NFL redesigns" thread?

On Seau, it's tragic he died and it's tragic that some former players like Mike Webster had/have the problems they have. But what are the numbers? Is the statistical probability even known? Yes, one is too many. But the sensibility of an action has to be measured against the real risk. Before we get rid of helmets, doesn't the league have to know that?

Also, if you get rid of helmets do you keep the rest of the pads or do they end up dressed like Aussie rules players?

Complains about posts being off topic, takes thread further off topic with concussion and equipment chat.

The Jaguars are such a joke, they are playing the next four years in London and the teams fan base is currently picketing for the team to sign Tim Tebow.

The team has come a long way from the Mark Brunell glory days. If only the NFL realized it and would euthanize that miserable cat.

It's time for that team to move. Let them go to London and leave them behind without their passports.

Picketing to sign Tebow? You mean the 15 mouthbreathers with jerseys tucked into their jeans that came to Everbank? Yeah, less than 20 people showed up. It's a fact that Khan hasn't bought tickets. You have no response to that and chose to talk about how bad they are. Fan support in Jacksonville is only getting better. Knock the quality of the team all you want, but not fan support.

When did this turn into the "some guy did some NFL redesigns" thread?

On Seau, it's tragic he died and it's tragic that some former players like Mike Webster had/have the problems they have. But what are the numbers? Is the statistical probability even known? Yes, one is too many. But the sensibility of an action has to be measured against the real risk. Before we get rid of helmets, doesn't the league have to know that?

Also, if you get rid of helmets do you keep the rest of the pads or do they end up dressed like Aussie rules players?

Complains about posts being off topic, takes thread further off topic with concussion and equipment chat.

Busted. But at least I didn't come in from left field like whoever threw those redesigns in. I was just running with the herd. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Guys, can we leave the personal insults out of it?

I chose to not have a personal insult in my responses, usually it's those without a case that rely on slinging mud.

seemed pretty personal to me...

Please, show me where I attacked and insulted him, and not the issue at hand.

Picketing to sign Tebow? You mean the 15 mouthbreathers with jerseys tucked into their jeans that came to Everbank? Yeah, less than 20 people showed up. It's a fact that Khan hasn't bought tickets. You have no response to that and chose to talk about how bad they are. Fan support in Jacksonville is only getting better. Knock the quality of the team all you want, but not fan support.

Without going into a diatribe about intellect, te fan base is the biggest problem. If what your saying is true, the fact that they continue to put out hard earned entertainment dollars to watch a mediocre and in shambles franchise is a travesty. If they had dignity, or self respect they would tell the owner with their wallets how far the team has come.

The team is a joke, but the joke may be on the fans that are "supposedly" filling the stadium to watch a high school team.

^ What do you want them to do though? If they don't go to the games they justify everything people say about the market and the team may actually consider relocation. If they do go to the games then they're stupid (in your words) for supporting a terrible team.

It's a lose-lose situation for the people of Jacksonville. I'd go with the option that helps keep the team in town though.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd stop going, use my ability on social media to say why I'm not going- and support the team at free events/ on television.

Merchandise sales speak volumes about popularity too- buy a hat on NFL shop rather then. Ticket. The $30 hat sale gets divided among all 32 teams equally.

I think it is absurd to blame the league, or anyone other than each individual player for the head injury and concussion issue. The first time I ever played football, they gave me a helmet. That should be clue #1 that there is potential for head injuries. Also, nobody EVER forced anyone to play this game. You had a choice.

iq5b7nF.png

Archived