2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The Bulldog is a nod to the Canton Bulldogs as well

not the dog pound?

Yes, exactly the dog pound. Never heard the Canton thing before, very curious as to where it's come from.

Never heard that one either. Pretty sure Chomps (the old dog mascot) was for the dog pound, same thing with the dog logo.

If you are talking about the dog in the picture above, that isn't Chomps, that's the Cavs mascot, Moondog. Cavs have two...Moondog and Sir CC.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was looking through google images for a better version of the old Running-Elf logo, found this modernization from Stuart Dudukovich:

01.jpg

I like it, but too cartoony for the NFL, but that is due to the use of an actual flesh tone. Make it white and it looks better.

3gdc.png

If the Elf tells Jimmy Haslem that he "sits on a throne of lies" then I'm all for it.

"You smell like beef and cheese. You don't smell like Santa."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Since we're talking about Brownies and elves and stuff, here's a link to andrewharrington's version from about two or three years back.

andyharry's elf

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but the more I see of the Dolphins' new uniforms, the more I like them. The simplistic design and custom number font seem to work really well with the color scheme, in my opinion. I know that the aqua-orange-navy scheme isn't very popular around here, but I think I works very well with the logo and overall uniform design. If the tramp stamp was gone and the dolphin on the sleeve was bigger, then I would give these a 10/10 for Miami. It just seems to work so well together for their identity.

I hated the idea of new uni's for the Fins because I loved their old ones. Now I'm loving it. That Aqua color just pops like crazy against the clean white. Even on the white uniforms. Best upgrade of the season (Yes even over the Vikings)

The teal jersey definitely looks better tonight than it did in the HOF game. I'm still not sold on the number font, though.

The Dolphins don't have teal.

Come on, we all know what he means when he says teal...

Also, I think Miami has the best helmet in the league by far. The white shell with white facemask looks very clean

Also, I think Miami has the best helmet in the league by far. The white shell with white facemask looks very clean

I tend to agree that the Dolphins helmet alone looks sharp -- which is strange because the last team that tried the white/white combo, the Indianapolis Colts, looked pretty bland and boring.

6uXNWAo.png

My only problem with the Dolphins' new look is the helmet stripe: the navy makes it look muddled. That helmet would look awesome with just a medium-width orange stripe down the middle.

The teal jersey definitely looks better tonight than it did in the HOF game. I'm still not sold on the number font, though.

and the Redskins don't wear yellow.

We can argue semantics of colors, but the Dolphins wear a teal.

PvO6ZWJ.png

and the Redskins don't wear yellow.

We can argue semantics of colors, but the Dolphins wear a teal.

They don't.

Miami looked OK last night. I was watching and was glad they went with a block-style number for the jerseys to keep the "modernization" level down. The dolphin in the logo is all the "modern touch" that uniform needs without looking over-the-top. Crazy custom numbers would have made them look like a college or arena team.

I love the white facemask. It's underused in the NFL now. (listen up, Cleveland and Buffalo)

They made a big mistake with the minimal amount of orange though. It definitely needs to be a prominent color in the scheme.

87Redskins.png

Archived