2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The teal jersey definitely looks better tonight than it did in the HOF game. I'm still not sold on the number font, though.

The Dolphins don't have teal.

Come on, we all know what he means when he says teal...

Also, I think Miami has the best helmet in the league by far. The white shell with white facemask looks very clean

I still prefer the teal (aqua, blue color varation) better than the white facemask.

spacer.png

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The teal jersey definitely looks better tonight than it did in the HOF game. I'm still not sold on the number font, though.

and the Redskins don't wear yellow.

We can argue semantics of colors, but the Dolphins wear a teal.

They don't.

Looks pretty yellow to me.

image.jpg

This is exactly what I was talking about. Getting caught up in the names of colors is stupid. You can call the Redskins' yellow "Gold" or "Cheerful Sunshine" or "Tuscan Daisy" or "Urine Glow" or whatever you want. You can call it "blue" for all I care, but those pants, the stripes on the jersey and helmet, the facemask, the outline on the numbers is yellow. Same for the Packers, Steelers, Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers, etc.

If a school bus drives by and it's painted the exact same PMS color of the Redskins pants and you asked me to name the color of the bus, I'd say it was yellow. So would 100% of the rest of people.

Maybe you used to wear gold, but it's been about 40 something years since anything on the uniform wasn't that bright shade of yellow.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Dolphins did look outstanding under the dome lights last night and their look has grown on me, as well. That being said, it still needs more orange! Dumping the navy wouldn't hurt, either.

Ahem, I think you mean Coral (bow)

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

2015328_display_image.jpg

Please just go back to this color scheme permanently (with white over burgundy on the road).

I'm afraid I can't allow that. It would undoubtedly cause two problems - yoga pants look when those pants were worn with burgundy socks, and then a monochrome look when the players want to jerk themselves off over "looking aggressive" and get pumped for a prime time game by looking their worst on national TV.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Can someone please tell me what Is so bad about the Bengals' uniforms? I feel like I'm the only one in the entire CCSLC that likes them

The silly side panels are the only major problem I have with them, though something about the numbers throws me off too. If they just fixed those two things, I'd be fine with their look.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Bengals fan here. I've hated them since they were unveiled in 2004, and I hate them still today. I own exactly one of these jerseys and it was a gift.

Problems:

- number font and dropshadow. Sometimes they're illegible from high parts of the stadium. Plus, it's just not a good looking font and it doesn't really convey anything Cincinnati Bengals.

- side panels. Also included because they force that white insert on the pants

- the Denver Broncos style pants swoosh with tiger stripes in it. You already have enough visually happening with the stripe and the tiger stripes inside of it, you don't need to then shape the stripe as well. Plus that pants stripe swoosh matches nothing on the rest of the uniforms. It would look better if the stripe went straight to the cuff of the pants.

- Orange yoke on the white jersey.

- the sleeves. Good idea in theory, but the way they chose to stripe them is head-scratching. The orange and white jerseys both use orange stripes on a black background, which isn't even accurate to an actual tiger, and the black jerseys have an orange stripe just above the sleeve, also not tiger-accurate.

- then there's the recent issue of the Nike toilet seat collar.

The best way to describe their uniforms major flaw is what I've said from the beginning. They used to wear football uniforms. Now they wear tiger costumes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

and the Redskins don't wear yellow.

We can argue semantics of colors, but the Dolphins wear a teal.

The reason this bothers me is because teal is on the green side of the spectrum while the Dolphins aqua is on the blue side of the spectrum.

The Bulldog is a nod to the Canton Bulldogs as well

not the dog pound?
Yes, exactly the dog pound. Never heard the Canton thing before, very curious as to where it's come from.

Never heard that one either. Pretty sure Chomps (the old dog mascot) was for the dog pound, same thing with the dog logo.

If you are talking about the dog in the picture above, that isn't Chomps, that's the Cavs mascot, Moondog. Cavs have two...Moondog and Sir CC.

Didn't the dogpound nickname originate from the Browns being underdogs for many years?

*cough* Athletic Gold *cough*

Which is yellow. Call it athletic gold all you want, but you can't say you don't wear yellow when you do.

I've always called it "cheddar" (not just because GB wears it), but when put next to a pure yellow it has a slight dullness and orange tinge. But I'm definitely in the yellow camp as opposed to the gold camp. Heres a comparison of Pantone 108 vs Pantone 1235 (what GB/PIT/WAS wears)

YellowComp.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The Bulldog is a nod to the Canton Bulldogs as well

not the dog pound?
Yes, exactly the dog pound. Never heard the Canton thing before, very curious as to where it's come from.

Never heard that one either. Pretty sure Chomps (the old dog mascot) was for the dog pound, same thing with the dog logo.

If you are talking about the dog in the picture above, that isn't Chomps, that's the Cavs mascot, Moondog. Cavs have two...Moondog and Sir CC.

Didn't the dogpound nickname originate from the Browns being underdogs for many years?

The Dawg Pound is section of bleachers in the east end zone. It started as a nickname for the defense in the 80s after Hanford Dixon heard fans constantly barking. Really no connection to the Canton Bulldogs or anything else.

Moondog is 100% unrelated mascot for the Cavs. He is named after Alan Freed, the Cleveland/Akron radio DJ who coined the term "Rock and Roll."

Archived