2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I feel good that my team doesn't have the fans to vote any of its players into the Pro Bowl.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Are they going to play the Pro Bowl at night with the stadium lit with black lights?

Aren't black lights bad for heart monitors? Better make sure that the 20 people who go to the game are aware of that...
48,423 in a 50,000 seat stadium last year, and is consistently one of the highest rated games every year.

How come no one has mentioned the lack of white bottomed socks? Could the NFL someday allow teams to use socks that aren't half white?

I think white bottomed socks pointless. I've been hoping the NFL would eventually allow teams to wear socks without white bottoms.

I personally think white-bottom socks are great, the quintessential football look. Solid color socks looks amateurish for football. That being said, it doesn't really matter as this point because a huge number of players wear solid color socks every game with the league either ignoring it or giving them an insignificant fine.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

How come no one has mentioned the lack of white bottomed socks? Could the NFL someday allow teams to use socks that aren't half white?

I think I posted this somewhere else, but I think that the white bottom socks made for a clean professional look when everyone wore white cleats, but now that team color and black cleats are more common, it might be cleaner to have bottoms that flowed better with those shoes.

Not saying I'd want to see a black shoed team with black bottoms and purple uppers, but I think it's time to think about moving away from the white look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good for Marshall. I'd prefer no players wore shoes other than white or team colors, but if everybody else is clowning it in pink, he might as well wear green. At least green shoes will be a story and actually bring awareness to an important cause that needs attention. You know, unlike pandering and hopping on an oversaturated cause everybody already knows about.

I would be really surprised if Marshall wears green shoes during the actual game. The NFL lets a whole bunch of uniform violations go each game, sometimes fining guys and othertimes not. Two years ago Earl Bennett wore orange shoes for two games, and before each game the uniform inspector told him he would be fined (twice as much the second time). But sometimes the NFL actually does crack down like it should. I believe when Chad Johnson v. 1.0 tried to wear the Ocho Cinco jersey the first time, he was told his team would get an unsportsmanlike penalty on him at the start of each half or something. When the uniform inspectors come to Marshall, I think they're going to tell him they will penalize him rather than saying "we'll fine you $7,500."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think I posted this somewhere else, but I think that the white bottom socks made for a clean professional look when everyone wore white cleats, but now that team color and black cleats are more common, it might be cleaner to have bottoms that flowed better with those shoes.

Not saying I'd want to see a black shoed team with black bottoms and purple uppers, but I think it's time to think about moving away from the white look.

See I like when players of black cleated teams wear either black socks or black tape a few inches up their ankle and then a little bit of white above that just before the rest of the colored sock. I really really like that look.

And I definitely agree about solid socks looking amateurish. I bet if the league issued socks were two or three inches lower white the fines would go down a lot.

In regards to the green cleats, does anyone remember if Reggie Wayne got fined for his orange gloves last year?

Two years ago Earl Bennett wore orange shoes for two games, and before each game the uniform inspector told him he would be fined

The Uniform Inspector sounds like a Monty Python character.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived