2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Folks

Long time lurker here... I've been visiting this site on a daily basis for the last 2 years...

Anyway, I would like to know if there is still a chance that the Detroit Lions will be bringing out this year the throwback jerseys?

Last April, Tom Lewand, the team's president, said that they might bring it back this year - since then, I have heard nothing.

Is it possible that the Lions will bring it out for the Thanksgiving game, or would they have needed to 'register' the uniform with the NFL at the start of the season?

Call me boring, but this is my all-time favourite jersey, and would love to see it done by Nike.

Cheers,

Veillotron

Hello Folks

Long time lurker here... I've been visiting this site on a daily basis for the last 2 years...

Anyway, I would like to know if there is still a chance that the Detroit Lions will be bringing out this year the throwback jerseys?

Last April, Tom Lewand, the team's president, said that they might bring it back this year - since then, I have heard nothing.

Is it possible that the Lions will bring it out for the Thanksgiving game, or would they have needed to 'register' the uniform with the NFL at the start of the season?

Call me boring, but this is my all-time favourite jersey, and would love to see it done by Nike.

Cheers,

Veillotron

im pretty sure i've heard no throwback, and that a new alternate maybe coming next year

Hello Folks

Cheers,

Veillotron

im pretty sure i've heard no throwback, and that a new alternate maybe coming next year

It's in the current Style Guide, but the Cardinals have had a throwback in theirs since 2005, and they've never worn it.

Hard to say with these things.

The Jets, at least from what I've last heard, have their "Titans" throwbacks in their Style Guide as well. But that was last season...

I also think the Browns have the throwback with the numbers on the helmets in there as well.

Like ColorWerx said, it's very hard to say what is current and what isn't nowadays.

How can the Cards still have a throwback? I thought it was one alt, throwback or recolor. They already have the BFBS recolor.

Did they change the rules? Or did I misunderstand?

This is actually a strange one.

Within the Arizona style guides from Reebok, there are both the black alternate and an unused throwback. They're both in there from 2009 to 2011.

However, in the new Nike style guides, the unused throwback has been removed and only the black alternate remains.

Hello Folks

Cheers,

Veillotron

It's in the current Style Guide, but the Cardinals have had a throwback in theirs since 2005, and they've never worn it.

Hard to say with these things.

OK, thanks - so no guarantees, but there's still hope...

Thank you as well to all that have replied.

I know that DB Lukas hates these, but unlike the pandering of BCA I can get behind this alot more.

If it was just, Marine honor month or Air Force honor month, that would be the equivalent of BCA.

A salute to all military is a great thing. Myself and many of my military buddies have no issue with it, and think it's a cool gesture when the MLB does it, glad to see the NFL doing something similar.

Lukas can suck a big one.

2ly2w09.jpg

It isn't singling out? I must have missed their events honoring cops, and firefighters, and teachers, and all the other underpaid, under-appreciated heroes that serve our country with honor.

You have a perfect right to like these Beetle Bailey drag events.

And we have a perfect right to find it pandering, exploitative and offensive (how much actually goes to that good cause again?). One step away from war profiteering.

Ain't America grand? ;)

It isn't singling out? I must have missed their events honoring cops, and firefighters, and teachers, and all the other underpaid, under-appreciated heroes that serve our country with honor.

And we have a perfect right to find it pandering, exploitative and offensive (how much actually goes to that good cause again?). One step away from war profiteering.

Ain't America grand? ;)

Lol, you're reaching there Lukas. The military is much more broad than BCA month, had you read my post you would have seen my point.

This for the NFL, as far as I know, it's put out there like BCA as a way to RAISE MONEY, but more of a show that we are thinking of the troops and honoring them, and like I said, I and many others find it to be a good gesture.

I don't see how this is pandering as much, as there are plenty of people who never served who support the military and want to show their support in various ways. So this appeals to alot more than just vets.

America is grand, no stupid face needed. I believe it.

2ly2w09.jpg

Okay, it might be a crass, cynical marketing ploy, but I found something to like about the "Salut!" merchandising.

Love the stencil numbers:

2102507154_61_13_a_2500.jpg2102507155_61_13_2500.jpg

Make 'em solid white, and I'd be happy to see those on the Packers' regular uniforms.

Yeah, those actually look really good.

Love the stencil numbers:

2102507154_61_13_a_2500.jpg2102507155_61_13_2500.jpg

Make 'em solid white, and I'd be happy to see those on the Packers' regular uniforms.

I was thinking they'd fit better for the Steelers, but you're right, those stencil numbers are great.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Ain't America grand? ;)

Lol, you're reaching there Lukas. The military is much more broad than BCA month, had you read my post you would have seen my point.

This for the NFL, as far as I know, it's put out there like BCA as a way to RAISE MONEY, but more of a show that we are thinking of the troops and honoring them, and like I said, I and many others find it to be a good gesture.

I don't see how this is pandering as much, as there are plenty of people who never served who support the military and want to show their support in various ways. So this appeals to alot more than just vets.

They don't give a damn about honoring anyone, it's just a way to make more money and maybe a little goodwill public opinion boost.

niagaraq.png

Ain't America grand? ;)

They don't give a damn about honoring anyone, it's just a way to make more money and maybe a little goodwill public opinion boost.

Oh no that's the worst thing ever

Archived