2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The NFL should look in to plastidip to do the helmets with. Sprays on and peels off after like a big sticker.

28_plasti_dip_07.jpg

Just spay the helmets with it (they do make a clear to make it shine and it comes in more colors than just black) put on the retro logos and good to go. Same hemlet different look

patcopy_zpsd7294359.jpg

2-7-11-14-16-18-SHK III-NRK

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL should look in to plastidip to do the helmets with. Sprays on and peels off after like a big sticker.

28_plasti_dip_07.jpg

Just spay the helmets with it (they do make a clear to make it shine and it comes in more colors than just black) put on the retro logos and good to go. Same hemlet different look

whats the cost?

28_plasti_dip_07.jpg

That stuff is horrrrrrrible when scratched/pricked/in contact with an abrasive surface. 5 minutes into the game and you'd have a huge aesthetic disaster on your hands.

whats the cost?

It's fairly high, but these are teams that make millions in profits ever year. I'm sure they could handle what would probably be a ~$50 paint job/helmet.

It's based on the kids show, NFL Rush Zone: Rise of the Guardians.

nflrushraiders13cos-1.jpg

Sorry to bring back on old topic, but the NFL is now selling kids apparel with the Rush Zone characters on them for every team.

http://www.nflshop.com/Rush_Zone_Gear?ab=bm-nflcms-hp-Grid6-RushZone-11.1

Been seeing commercials on NickToons (the channel Rush Zone is on) and they say that the show returns on the 20th. That's probably why.

EDIT: One a different note, I hate this rule by the NFL. I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before, but why cant they just swap the pads from the regular helmets to the alternate or throwback helmets? I'm not a fan of the Redskin's look today. With the fake-leather helmet? Its awesome. with a stripe-less primary helmet? Nothing goes together.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

washington is apparently wearing there current helmets with the throwback nike made vs the chargers. look real off imo. the uni is darker than the helmet, which looks rediculous with the current decal on the side of the helmet with a throwbacl logo on the sleeve.

2rzsaw3.jpg

And as far as the rams helmets go, I'm wrong. Same helmets. For some reason the new helmets look lighter. Could appear that way with darker jerseys? Its possible they switched to one helmet when they started wearing the throwbacks and I'm just now noticing. I swear they changed the shell with the current set.

The problem with Plastidip is that it would increase friction on the surface of the helmet. This would lead to injury issues, as blows to the helmet would lead to more wrenching of the head/neck.

It's where I sit.

plastidip...$6 bucks a can at home depot Ive had it on my car for about 6 months now no chips or scratches

well i doubt you are running your car head on into things like football players do to their helmets, there would definitely need to be some testing of it.

He might be a professional bumper-car racer for all you know.

Nike will influence the NFL to change the helmet rule. As long as the NFL can implement a forced "week of practice" with the new helmet then they should be good to go. I'm not football player so I don't know how long it takes to get a helmet fit. Maybe they can wear them during training camp as well to get it to 'fit".

plastidip...$6 bucks a can at home depot Ive had it on my car for about 6 months now no chips or scratches

well i doubt you are running your car head on into things like football players do to their helmets, there would definitely need to be some testing of it.

He might be a professional bumper-car racer for all you know.

Nike will influence the NFL to change the helmet rule. As long as the NFL can implement a forced "week of practice" with the new helmet then they should be good to go. I'm not football player so I don't know how long it takes to get a helmet fit. Maybe they can wear them during training camp as well to get it to 'fit".

Nike doesn't make helmets. Therefore, your assertion is highly doubtful.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

(pic deleted)

The problem with spraying the helmets with this stuff is that you'd have to take out all of the padding and then putting it back in, which essentially makes it a new helmet. That was brought up earlier here in regard to painting the helmets.

spacer.png

(pic deleted)

The problem with spraying the helmets with this stuff is that you'd have to take out all of the padding and then putting it back in, which essentially makes it a new helmet. That was brought up earlier here in regard to painting the helmets.

Taking the pads out of the helmet isn't the problem, though. It's the older helmets that are no longer in production that are the problem. A lot of teams don't have them in stock anymore so they can't break in another one(which doesn't really even happen with newer ones being that they're filled with air as opposed to foam like some older models) because there isn't another one available.

Nike will influence the NFL to change the helmet rule.

I think this goes a lot higher then Nike.

All of these potential lawsuits and such are real and the NFL is going to do everything they can (even when it may not make much sense) to cover their butt.

My guess is that the NCAA will mandate something similar soon too. No more "a different helmet for every day of the week" type of deal for some of these programs. I think at most, you'll see teams REQUIRED to wear only 1 or 2 different helmets during a year.

And that will be a rule that is overdo, even besides the safety deal. Many of the college teams have gone WAY overboard with all of these helmets and uniform combos. Its time to reign em' in.

Wasn't there a fairly new rule in the NFL that said that in national primetime games, teams were not allowed to wear alternate uniforms? I thought I read that a few years ago?

I think it was total conjecture, never verified. Houston likes to play in the Battle Red in primetime, and didn't the Steelers go alternate in a primetime game in the last 2 years? Oh, and the Chargers like to use their powder alts in primetime when they get the chance.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

(pic deleted)

Taking the pads out of the helmet isn't the problem, though. It's the older helmets that are no longer in production that are the problem. A lot of teams don't have them in stock anymore so they can't break in another one(which doesn't really even happen with newer ones being that they're filled with air as opposed to foam like some older models) because there isn't another one available.

Except that line of reasoning does not make sense. All of the older models can still be ordered directly from the manufacturer otherwise a player would be forced into a different helmet during the season if they ran out of older helmets and you would have seen all of the old riddell and schutt models disappear by now. All the equipment managers would need to do is order the appropriate quantities in the offseason like they have in the past with alt helmets.

Archived