2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

So just taking the M helmet off of the Dolphin is your idea of upgrade? Plus, the new positioning of the Dolphin looks much better, and not awkward on the helmet. As far as the orange/coral, it doesn't need any more. Aqua/teal has always been the uniform's main color, and what sets it apart from other uniforms. Any more orange on it, and it will just clash with the aqua. It has the perfect amount. There is also plenty of orange coming from the players' gloves and cleats. Overall, these uniforms are very sharp looking, and a joy to look at.

Clash? Nah. More orange would complement the aqua, if anything.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just taking the M helmet off of the Dolphin is your idea of upgrade? Plus, the new positioning of the Dolphin looks much better, and not awkward on the helmet. As far as the orange/coral, it doesn't need any more. Aqua/teal has always been the uniform's main color, and what sets it apart from other uniforms. Any more orange on it, and it will just clash with the aqua. It has the perfect amount. There is also plenty of orange coming from the players' gloves and cleats. Overall, these uniforms are very sharp looking, and a joy to look at.

I did more than just take the helmet off, here's a comparison to the current, past, and my logo. Complete with accurate colors for each.

MIACompLogo.png

That logo needs the helmet, but it's still worlds better than the toothpaste ad they're currently wearing.

I never liked the helmet on the Dolphin, it always bothered me.

Not to be an ass, but you didn't really do a whole lot other than remove the helmet and alter the colors. Yes, some of the strokes on the dolphin are different, the snout is squared off and expression upturned to look meaner, and you made the fins pointy; but those are fairly minor changes (and not necessarily improvements).

Things that were changed can be pointed to, but that's true of pretty much every logo revision. This is really just plagiarizing the 90s revision, changing the colors to match, removing the helmet, adding some strokes (most of which make the dolphin look less anatomically correct/awkward - i.e. the stroke mid-back in the direction of the head), and slapping it over the sun. I know there was work involved in doing that, but that doesn't really make it "your" work.

Sorry if that sounds snobby, but it's just kind of a lazy reimagining to take credit for - even the posture of the dolphin is pretty much exactly the same.

That's quite the critique for a "lazy reimagining"/"plagiarized" concept...at least you're sorry for sounding snobby.

Complement? No. More orange would take away from the aqua.

Which is fine with me, since the team has more than one color.

Which is fine with me, since the team has more than one color.

It's like some people think that the ratio of the primary and secondary colors has to be the same for every team. That's boring. It has the perfect amount of orange for this design.

I didn't care too much one way or the other for the Dolphin update in the publicity shots this past spring. I disliked the generic new logo, and laughed a bit at the train wreck font, but I thought the uniform was OK. THEN I was them on TV... Lord, what a nightmare. Someone really needed to test those colors for television. They look like a completely different team in every new lighting situation (and that's coming from a Viking fan!). At night, under the lights, that aqua is nauseating.

It's like some people think that the ratio of the primary and secondary colors has to be the same for every team. That's boring. It has the perfect amount of orange for this design.

What, none?

I did more than just take the helmet off, here's a comparison to the current, past, and my logo. Complete with accurate colors for each.

MIACompLogo.png

That logo needs the helmet, but it's still worlds better than the toothpaste ad they're currently wearing.

I never liked the helmet on the Dolphin, it always bothered me.

Not to be an ass, but you didn't really do a whole lot other than remove the helmet and alter the colors. Yes, some of the strokes on the dolphin are different, the snout is squared off and expression upturned to look meaner, and you made the fins pointy; but those are fairly minor changes (and not necessarily improvements).

Things that were changed can be pointed to, but that's true of pretty much every logo revision. This is really just plagiarizing the 90s revision, changing the colors to match, removing the helmet, adding some strokes (most of which make the dolphin look less anatomically correct/awkward - i.e. the stroke mid-back in the direction of the head), and slapping it over the sun. I know there was work involved in doing that, but that doesn't really make it "your" work.

Sorry if that sounds snobby, but it's just kind of a lazy reimagining to take credit for - even the posture of the dolphin is pretty much exactly the same.

Redpin Design concept:

fins_fins.jpg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Archived