2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Since the "Oilers" name related directly to Texas, I don't think they should revert back to that name. "Titans" is fine. But their uniforms look like something designed in 1999 in an attempt to be modern and trendy, and now just look dated. The helmets, with the spikey things shooting up in the front and the asymmetrical fire ball thing on the sides, are the worst part of it.

I would love to see them return to the Oilers look or a slightly modernized version of it (Bills, Vikings). They were the Tennessee Oilers for two years, after all. Replace the oil derrick with the sword/dagger "T" and they're set.

Someone said this on this board a few weeks ago and I agree: We didn't appreciate the Oilers colors when they existed.

Now helmet logos need to be symmetrical? How many of them are in the NFL... maybe a dozen? If you don't like the logo, that's one thing; don't go inventing new criteria for good design, though.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the "Oilers" name related directly to Texas, I don't think they should revert back to that name. "Titans" is fine. But their uniforms look like something designed in 1999 in an attempt to be modern and trendy, and now just look dated. The helmets, with the spikey things shooting up in the front and the asymmetrical fire ball thing on the sides, are the worst part of it.

I would love to see them return to the Oilers look or a slightly modernized version of it (Bills, Vikings). They were the Tennessee Oilers for two years, after all. Replace the oil derrick with the sword/dagger "T" and they're set.

Someone said this on this board a few weeks ago and I agree: We didn't appreciate the Oilers colors when they existed.

Now helmet logos need to be symmetrical? How many of them are in the NFL... maybe a dozen? If you don't like the logo, that's one thing; don't go inventing new criteria for good design, though.

I didn't say that, and I didn't mean to imply it, but that flaming ball (?) just doesn't look right and never has. Not all asymmetrical logos are bad but this asymmetrical logo is.

I saw this on AJ Williams' twitter (23). He thought it was "dope" and "fresh". I'm surprised this is even allowed with all the rules by NFL these days.

It's not.

They can wear them in Training Camp if they want, that's about it.

87Redskins.png

I saw this on AJ Williams' twitter (23). He thought it was "dope" and "fresh". I'm surprised this is even allowed with all the rules by NFL these days.

It's not.

They can wear them in Training Camp if they want, that's about it.

I believe during regular season practice as well but it makes less sense due to having to swap it out for games and the lack of bright sunlight later in the year.

I liked the greenish aqua better. Those socks suck, as does the marginalization of orange and the corporatization of the logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The aqua pants definitely liven those uniforms up a bit, but man, the decreased amount of orange really kills the set, and yeah those socks are atrocious.

Honestly I didn't dislike the new logo at first but the more I see it, the more I wish they had just tweaked and updated the colors of the old one.

Love that aqua! It has the perfect amount of orange trim too. Any more of it would look stupid on this improved design. This uniform is the true definition of Miami Dolphins.

he orange now is virtually nonexistent, the dolphins have always have been a aqua and orange team, right now the look aqua and blue, they need to get rid of the blue and replace it with the orange

Love that aqua! It has the perfect amount of orange trim too. Any more of it would look stupid on this improved design. This uniform is the true definition of Miami Dolphins.

he orange now is virtually nonexistent, the dolphins have always have been a aqua and orange team, right now the look aqua and blue, they need to get rid of the blue and replace it with the orange

The combo is perfect, and definitely an improvement. Aqua and blue represents the water, and orange the sun. Any more orange would ruin this look. There is also plenty of orange coming from the gloves and cleats.

Archived