2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

People....the Phins' don't use much orange anymore. Lets move on.

Their current colors are teal, white and some shade of blue. Its what the coaches all wear and its what dominates the uniforms. Orange is just a accent color, like the orange in Tampa's uniforms are.

Orange socks???? Yea, that would look really good. Are some of you blind?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People....the Phins' don't use much orange anymore. Lets move on.

Their current colors are teal, white and some shade of blue. Its what the coaches all wear and its what dominates the uniforms. Orange is just a accent color, like the orange in Tampa's uniforms are.

Orange socks???? Yea, that would look really good. Are some of you blind?

They don't wear teal, they have never worn teal.

Love that aqua! It has the perfect amount of orange trim too. Any more of it would look stupid on this improved design.

I absolutely agree. Maybe they'll get an orange alternate in a couple years to even things out, that'd be nice but other than that I think they have the right amount of orange in the uniform.

I think the Dolphins have one of the best looks in the league. That new shade of Aqua is just awesome.

bSLCtu2.png

The aqua is too bright, there's too little orange and the way the orange is presented as the outermost stripe makes it disappear from afar, the logo lacks character, the sleeve logo couldn't be smaller, the wordmark looks like they're a bathing suit company that should be selling board shorts, and the white facemask doesn't look as good as their teal facemask did.

Whoever said "they look like the icy/hot version of the Dolphins" was dead on. Meaning, they look like someone couldn't get the rights to the Dolphins look so they just drew them sorta close.

downgrade. Downgrade by like 70%.

PvO6ZWJ.png

^ Holy crap, I didn't realize how shamefully small the sleeve logos were until now. That's worse than even the Seahawks' last set. And because it's such a whispy crap heap of a logo, it almost completely disappears from any distance (at least on the white jerseys).

Not that the last set was perfect by any means but this update is so bland it completely lacks any sort of distinctive character that the Fins previously had. They successfully strreamlined and modernized out every distinct element of the teams' identity history to the point that they look completely generic. A cleaned up retro logo and more orange would do wonders for this set and don't even get me started on those pointless sleeve logos.

^ Holy crap, I didn't realize how shamefully small the sleeve logos were until now. That's worse than even the Seahawks' last set. And because it's such a whispy crap heap of a logo, it almost completely disappears from any distance (at least on the white jerseys).

Not that the last set was perfect by any means but this update is so bland it completely lacks any sort of distinctive character that the Fins previously had. They successfully strreamlined and modernized out every distinct element of the teams' identity history to the point that they look completely generic. A cleaned up retro logo and more orange would do wonders for this set and don't even get me started on those pointless sleeve logos.

I have never liked the idea of putting the same logo that's on the helmet on the sleeves.

I have never liked the idea of putting the same logo that's on the helmet on the sleeves.

Completely agree. it's a lazy design carry element carried over from the 90's when sleeve stripes started to fall out of fashion. I give the jags, bucs, and ravens credit for putting secondary logos on their sleeves during that time period.

Completely agree. it's a lazy design carry element carried over from the 90's when sleeve stripes started to fall out of fashion. I give the jags, bucs, and ravens credit for putting secondary logos on their sleeves during that time period.

oh how i miss the stalking jaguar

I agree. The Saints should go with one of their secondaries on the sleeves.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-10_at_10.17.48_AM.pn

Ironically enough, the part of the state logo around New Orleans looks nothing like the actual state of Louisiana. The star puts New Orleans somewhere due east of Houma and oh yeah. there's that big lake they forgot to show. :wacko:

lanewzz.gif

The Dolphins could upgrade immediately by making the sleeve logo just the dolphin without the sunburst. That would enable them to make it large enough to matter.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I agree. The Saints should go with one of their secondaries on the sleeves.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-10_at_10.17.48_AM.pn

Ironically enough, the part of the state logo around New Orleans looks nothing like the actual state of Louisiana. The star puts New Orleans somewhere due east of Houma and oh yeah. there's that big lake they forgot to show. :wacko:

lanewzz.gif

The Dolphins could upgrade immediately by making the sleeve logo just the dolphin without the sunburst. That would enable them to make it large enough to matter.

Must be because it's harder to reproduce a super accurate patch. Close enough is fine for me. Kind of gives it a nice identity

Go A's!

Being that we're in mid December and the deadline for 2014 changes has most likely passed....has anyone hear rumors of changes for 2014?

I looked for that thread also and couldn't find it via search. I, too, am curious at this point as to what's to come in 2014.

My guesses, based on past comments from teams? The Browns and Rams. The Rams might not see changes until 2015, though, and I'm not sure if the new ownership in Cleveland will follow through with changes this season either.

I would also think that new uniforms for the Eagles would be highly likely, but that's only because of Chip Kelly's past at Oregon (which is in large part due to Nike) and because they easily have the worst uniforms in the NFL, save for maybe the Falcons and Cardinals. Those two could also greatly, greatly benefit from all-new branding and uniforms.

I understand (but don't share) the dislike of "midnight green", but I fail to see how in any subjective ranking, the Eagles uniforms would be in the bottom three. They're really very traditional uniforms, devoid of any pointless piping or unneeded "innovations"; their numeral font is relatively conservative (as far as customs go), and from helmet to sock, they have a color balanced cohesive look which follows a relatively classic football uniform design principal. There are plenty of uniforms that objectively are worse than the Eagles - ones that are so bad, no rational person can even subjectively rank higher.

I think that based on how conservative the Eagles design is, and how it's lasted with only minor changes for 17 years (and could go for another 17 probably), it would need to be middle of the pack at worst - maybe behind the truly classic teams (or truly modern teams depending on your tastes) but ahead of the over-the-top modern teams (or old-fashioned traditional teams, again depending on your POV.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived