2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The color scheme is especially dreary, with the dark green, black and charcoal all blending together in a depressing smudge. And that number font is among the worst in the league.

Being deep in Eagles country, I get so sick of looking at both of the things that said. They need to brighten up the green and change that horrendous and extremely passe font.

I don't get the hate for the font. The 1s are bad, but there's nothing "offensive" about it like so many of the over designed modern fonts.

Dreary I get, dislike of the font I get, but I fail to see how it's even near worst status. As long as there are teams in clown suits, teams in gradient helmets, teams with spikes on only half of their numbers, teams with leotard socks, and teams with 542 types of blue, they can't possibly be that close to the bottom.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't get the hate for the font. The 1s are bad, but there's nothing "offensive" about it like so many of the over designed modern fonts.

Dreary I get, dislike of the font I get, but I fail to see how it's even near worst status. As long as there are teams in clown suits, teams in gradient helmets, teams with spikes on only half of their numbers, teams with leotard socks, and teams with 542 types of blue, they can't possibly be that close to the bottom.

As much as I don't like the Eagles look, I would agree with you that they are nowhere near the bottom. Middle of the road in my opinion.

I can't really explain my dislike of it beyond just saying I don't like it. It just doesn't appeal to me.

You are right though. The Eagles' look isn't anywhere near the bottom of the league.

i wish the raiders would get a raider logo patch somewhere on the jerseys..........i don´t wanna pay 200 for a black or white jersey with just huge numbers on it.

That would be the single worst reason to alter their jerseys.

just a sleeve patch, like many other teams have

The numbers aren't bad. The letters are bad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How so? They're perfectly legible on the green jerseys, but yeah the black outline muddies them up on the road.

brent-celek-game-used-jersey-the-real-de

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I talked with 49ers play by play radio guy Ted Robinson a week after the Justin Smith forced fumble on Jeremy Maclin in the 2011 season. If you listen to the radio call, he first called Maclin DeSean Jackson. He told me the reason why was because both their numbers looked similar to him. He thought the 8 in 18 was a 0 in 10, that's why he called him Jackson. If you hear clips of it now, they've completely just cut out that part because it was only afterward did Robinson realize he made the call identifying the wrong player because of him misreading the uniform number.

Go A's!

Archived