seahawk9

2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

SB Uni talk:

If it's Seattle/Denver, Denver will be in white pants, so Seattle should rock the blue or gray ones (with their white jerseys, of course).

If it's Seattle/NE, NE will be in their silver pants, so Seattle should rock their blue or whites ones (with their white jerseys, of course).

Yes???

YES??!!!!

The Seahawks should only wear blue pants. When the helmet and pants match colors, it almost always looks good. Yeah when teams go monochrome head to toe it doesn't always look good (rams blue), but Seattle rocks the all blue. Seattle is far from a bottom 5 uni that people on here claim. If they win I hope they go blue/grey/blue but I know they probably won't be allowed

Also, with all the pictures of the broncos and thinking of uniform matchups, I really miss their blue uniforms. Their orange is the weaker of the two in my opinion

I like Seattle's grey pants look with the navy jersey, but the striping inconsistencies (no green) drives me crazy, so I prefer they not wear them.

Because it's unique. Gray is also a huge part of their brand.

If it's a HUGE part of their brand, why don't they incorporate it more ? Like wear gray pants with blue jerseys at home .........And if the lime green is an accent color, why isn't it present on their white and gray pants ? It's certainly on their blue ones................................

because whatever team designed and/or approved the uniform completely ignored/overlooked any unifying qualities of the uniform between each piece. you see that in the patterns too. that might not be all on Nike. someone from SEA may have wanted it that way. but that dosent change the hierarchy of the color palette. the green is still a trim color

If Seattle makes it to the Super Bowl, the end zones for the game will be very similar. Sea / NE / Den would all normally be navy blue with a solid white wordmark. Unlikely they'd go with orange for the Broncos...or maybe even electric green for the 'Hawks?

I think they will go orange for denver for some contrast with the logo and to match the jerseys

I think they will go orange for denver for some contrast with the logo and to match the jerseys

Also, the Broncos' endzone was orange for their first three Super Bowls, so it would be a nod to the past. I think they might use navy for the Broncos if they face the Niners, but I'm certain they'd use orange if they faced the Seahawks.

Man, I got SO EXCITED when I saw there was a user here whose name was based on Television's seminal 1977 album Marquee Moon. But it turns out it's just a spambot! However, this spambot did give me a valuable tip about vacuuming, that by going against the grain of the carpet, you'll get deeper cleaning because there's more friction, or that applying diluted white vinegar right after a spill will be quite effective. Now see, I didn't know that and now I do! Thanks, Marquee Moon! You're as full of useful domestic tidbits as you are dual guitar solos.

Before you ban MarkiMn, consider that dfwabel pretty much goes around posting inscrutable off-topic information with weird hyperlinks embedded in them and you don't ban him, I'm just saying is all

3a0.jpg

If Seattle makes it to the Super Bowl, the end zones for the game will be very similar. Sea / NE / Den would all normally be navy blue with a solid white wordmark. Unlikely they'd go with orange for the Broncos...or maybe even electric green for the 'Hawks?

I strongly suspect the Broncos end zones would be orange. The organization has embraced orange as its primary identity again, and I'm pretty sure they'd have the final say over their end zone color.

Back in 1997 & 1998, the identity had just switched from the old "D" logo to the navy palette, and thus, they embraced a navy end zone (much to my dismay). They use orange as the main color for the text mark of the end zones now, as opposed to the white outlined in navy or orange as they used to.

I can't imagine Seattle getting a neon green end zone, especially since they don't use it at all in their current end zone scheme, even when it's reversed out of a full navy background.

I liked the previous Seahawks color better. If it would have been kept even as a secondary on the current look I would have supported the change. But now, it seems the Seahawks have gone through even blue and green there is possible.

It probably will be a decision to create the end zones out of contrast to the other team's colors. I would be shocked if the Broncos use anything BUT orange for their end zone. The Patriots probably go with navy then (even though they have used red for an end zone in the Super Bowl in the Flying Elvis period so that's a possibility). Then if they face the Seahawks, it likely will be their shade of blue as well. (It's been done before, even though the shades are different.) However, if they want to contrast, they might go with a gray end zone possibly to give the field a different contrast and kind of a throwback to the Kingdome days. 49ers of course will be red.

I say this every year, but I miss the system of painting the helmets in the endzones.

super-bowl-astroturf-field-1981.jpg

I never cared for helmets logo in the end zone or any where on the field

the only exception I'd give is the Browns who have nothing else.

I liked it when they did it on the 30 yard line. But with the NFL shield at midfield and the generic logo at the 30, we won't get this anymore it appears

018inside.jpg

I say this every year, but I miss the system of painting the helmets in the endzones.

super-bowl-astroturf-field-1981.jpg

Me too. You always knew exactly what the field would look like no matter who was playing, except for one team, the Jets. I always wanted them to make it to the Super Bowl to see what they would do with the endzone. They painted the endzone the color that wasn't used on the helmet. Since the Jets helmet in the '80s was green and the only other team color was white, what color would they have painted the endzone? I assume they would've broken tradition and painted it green, but who knows.

Is is allowed for the Seahawks to change the white and grey pants stripe so it's neon/electric green or do they have to wait three more years?

Is is allowed for the Seahawks to change the white and grey pants stripe so it's neon/electric green or do they have to wait three more years?

Nope. Minor changes to uniforms have been allowed. It's only the major overhauls that require the waiting period