2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the three that were left (Jags, Dolphins, Vikings) CDixon gave these three descriptions for us to match up. WTF, less caricature/more detailed, and modernization. I would call this one WTF. He said the WTF wasn't bad but WTF would be your first thought. I got that with this logo.

If true, that leaves the Jags and Vikings with the other two descriptions. At first I thought the Jags would be the modernization. Less caricature stuck out at me. I could be looking at it wrong but I see "caricature" as cartoony. I don't think the current Vikings logo is really all that cartoony. The current Jags logo has more of a caricature feel to it. I wonder if that means the Jags will be getting a logo that looks more like a real jaguar head.

From the elongated, directional positioning of this logo, my guess is that the dolphin will take up a much larger portion of the helmet than it does today. Imagine the bolt on the Chargers helmet, only more centered and wavy.

It's certainly within Nike's playbook to work with oversized helmet logos. Boise and Mizzou are two recent examples that come to mind. They could be doing the same here with the Dolphins by taking a modified version of the current logo, making it slightly more horizontal, and then just increasing the amount of real estate it occupies on the helmet.

Just an educated guess.

From the elongated, directional positioning of this logo, my guess is that the dolphin will take up a much larger portion of the helmet than it does today. Imagine the bolt on the Chargers helmet, only more centered and wavy.

It's certainly within Nike's playbook to work with oversized helmet logos. Boise and Mizzou are two recent examples that come to mind. They could be doing the same here with the Dolphins by taking a modified version of the current logo, making it slightly more horizontal, and then just increasing the amount of real estate it occupies on the helmet.

Just an educated guess.

I think you are dead on.

I did a quick mock up of what I think the navy looks like, not completely sure it's right though...

Dolphinsprototype-1.png?t=1356376225

If the Dolphins want to keep Jimmy Johnson's navy blue so badly, then I suggest lighten the blue. How about Aqua, Orange, White, and Pacific Blue. Use the blue that the Chargers have. Navy looks gross with the aqua and orange.

Overall it looks like two different pieces thrown together.

I hope this is not the real logo because it is a downgrade.

At least the logo now looks like it belongs together no flow with this whatsoever.

Definitely a downgrade ... too generic for my taste

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

It's up now after refreshing for the third time. Here's the pic:

new-dolphins-logo.jpg

If that's it, I don't like it. Makes the same mistake as the Patriots' flying Elvis - it's too long to look good on a football helmet.

The best logos are 1 x 1.5 or so, like the Packers, Jets, Chiefs, Panthers, etc. this is so long that it will wrap around the helmet before it's tall enough.

I just thought of what it reminds me of.... its like a logo for a beach resort or a cruise ship company. Maybe if they keep the dolphin in the same pose as the current logo or straighten the tail it would look better.

Mike Dee, Dolphins CEO just tweeted

I hear all the logo buzz out there...I'll provide an update soon! Happy holidays to all. Be safe!

makes me think that the logo out there is infact real. You would think that if it was fake he would nip those rumors in the bud

If that is indeed the new logo, then I think it's an upgrade. Also, the helmet on the current logo is goofy as hell.

Wait what? This isn't the Unpopular Opinions thread? Oh.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived