2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've known for some time that Miami was going to make achange for 2013...Clif's post sounds very accurate.

With that said, I'm curious as to what the changes will be for Tampa Bay.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I imagine Tampa's change will be a tweak to the logos or a new logo. I can't believe they will make any wholesale changes. I hope the Vikings and Dolphins pull a "Blue Jay" and modernize a classic set. As for the Jags, we all know at this point they are going to be a disaster.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here's my predictions on the four teams that are changing:

Jaguars: Brand new uniforms heavily featuring black, nothing new there. I'd guess that gold emerges over teal as the secondary color. Teal flake helmet stays. Probably just a tweak to the logo, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something brand new.

Dolphins: Update to the logo that is matched with a slight change to the uniforms, nothing drastic. I'm unfortunately not expecting the navy blue to go away just yet.

Vikings: I think there's a pretty good chance for new uniforms to come from this. I think the cause of the apparel change will be something relatively small like a change in the shade of purple, tweak to the viking head logo, or switching the primary from the viking head to just the horn.

Bucs: This one is harder to predict. Could be something as big as going back to an orange and red identity. I think what's more likely would be updating their current logos or making a new logo the primary without changing their uniforms. If they don't go back to orange, I'd be surprised to see a uniform change other than the changing the logos.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Dolphins: Update to the logo that is matched with a slight change to the uniforms, nothing drastic. I'm unfortunately not expecting the navy blue to go away just yet.

I'm actually expecting them to pull a "Bills" and bring back a classic set, but with navy trim on everything.

For the Vikes, I am not totally surprised. While people here will buy their jerseys no matter what, I don't feel like this set has ever truly been embraced.

I know that i should take it with a grain of salt since it could be minor changes, but...

As a vikes fan it makes me nervous. Yeah, the set has a lot of the trappings of the modern NFL uniform (particularly with the side panel flow to the pants), but I am happy with the overall look. To me the most important thing (aside from not being the seahawks) is yellow outlines on the numbers and since we have that, I can honestly live with the rest, so news like this makes me nervous. Ultimately, I'd take cleaning it up some and fixing that pants problem.

If they do make significant changes, I'd want:

• A move closer to the late 90s/early 2000s look. Basic pants striping. Outlined numbers.
  • UCLA stripes (though the Colts tell me that may be a "careful what you wish for" thing, I have hope that will improve some day)
  • Purple pants with the white jersey.
  • Avoid the gray facemask bandwagon

What I think I'd get:

• Non-outlined numbers on a throwback to the 80s.
  • Similar striping at home to the recent throwbacks. If I am right, the white jersey is a bit of a wildcard. Do they match or do they go UCLA like they had in the 80s? I'll say they match.
  • Purple pants worn almost never (or even not included at all)
  • Gray facemask.

That said, I hope they stay close to the same or that I am flat out wrong.

The essence of the helmet (not counting facemask color) will look the same. That's the only untouchable element (aside from purple/yellow).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived