2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amateur hour. Maybe the old logo looked like a cat coughing up a hairball but at least it was a well designed cat coughing up a hairball. This looks like a stock create-a-team logo you'd find on Madden or like something that would come up if you searched "jaguar clip art" on Google.

I came in to write exactly this. It's a lateral move at best.

The other thing I keep thinking of, it looks like an overly detailed logo for a small college.

And that could work for Jacksonville, strangely enough. They're a team playing in a small Florida market. If they were going for a sort of fauxback dingy old south football club look that would be one thing. This thing will probably be paired with a super modern Nike abomination of a uniform though. Which will just add to the dumpster fire that is this re-branding.

The more I look at this, the more it reminds me of the Lions' rebranding. Come up with a more detailed, "modernized logo" to replace the old one. Some people will like it better, some people will never quite get used to the new one, I'm definitely in the latter for both the Lions and Jaguars logos (at least for now).

Also, as others have said, it makes zero sense pairing that word mark with that logo.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Given the application of the Jaguars old logo on apparel, theres a 99% chance that the logo application on the helmet won't have a white keyline, and should be like Carolina.

This is apparently a secondary logo, according to a Jags blog. Seems to prove that suspicion right.

EDIT: Already posted.

Logo.pngeakbhfhxnv31fffgnct3ltlrd.gif

It's definitely a more vibrant gold than it was. Looking side-by-side I like the new one more and more.

Me too!

Once I saw them side to side, the new one looks a lot better. Funny, initial reaction for me was "hate it" then "not too bad" then "you know it's alright" to now where I think it's better than the old one even

i HATE that they changed the spots. the jaguar spots are supposed to be bulls-eye like... semi circles with a small spot in the middle. the old one sorta had that, the new one eliminates it completly. thats the main aethetic difference between a jaguar and, say a cheetah.

Standing_jaguar.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived