2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, glad to see this thing might come out today. I've been waiting on the opportunity to see the general public's reaction.

This was th wtf one wasn't it?

I think this Jags one is the "modernization" one and the Dolphins is the "WTF" one

i HATE that they changed the spots. the jaguar spots are supposed to be bulls-eye like... semi circles with a small spot in the middle. the old one sorta had that, the new one eliminates it completly. thats the main aethetic difference between a jaguar and, say a cheetah.

Standing_jaguar.jpg

Actually, those are called Rosettes. And in as much as they are the defining pattern feature that separates Jaguars and Leopards from Cheetahs, the rosettes turn into spots as the fur approaches the feet and/or the head (turn to stripes at the tail). So in that sense, they didn't flub it.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I really like it. I can't seem to explain why. There are a few things I don't like about it, but each time I look at the logo, I like it more and more.

The thing that really stands out to me is that it looks a bit feminine. It might be the two "spots" above the eye that are a bit more vertical; they look like eyelashes and make the cat look like Nala from Lion King. (Now that I've looked up Nala on on Google, she doesn't have eyelashes...)

qvAvG.jpg

Not getting why so many are disappointed.

I can only speak for myself. To that end, the level of detail in the new Jacksonville Jaguars' logo is not what I'm looking for in a modern, major-pro sports mark.

If I were the author of a children's adventure story that featured a jaguar in its action, I'd be thrilled to have an artist turn in illustrations for my book that displayed this level of detail. That said, I don't think such an illustrative style lends itself to modern, major-pro sports applications.

I'm so mind-boggled as to how this is in any sense an upgrade for any team. They took a huge step backwards in the design process, like they dug up some of the "fan entries" for their now old logo and threw it with some standard text. And what's with the bevels on that shield thing? It's like the damn thing was folded in half and threw this Dr. Seuss :censored: cat on it with a horrible "Jags" nickname of their nickname.

Not to mention these sensitive fools deleting my comments on their new logo via twitter.

This is just absolute trash.

Have fun running the rim of the toilet bowl, Jacksonville!

As a Jags fan it is growing on me the more that I look at it next to the old one. I dont like the 2 gold colors. I also think there is a little too much white at the bottom. It is going to look like the logo is cut in half from a distance on the helmet. I love the nose,eyes,and mouth though. It looks a lot different but yet still kinda has the same basic designs as the old one. When will we be able to see the style guide? What about the font? I love it.

Archived