2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Dolphins logo is almost certainly finalized if it's gonna be used this year. In fact, I know it's finalized since both CDixon and Showtime have seen it. As for the Vikings Showtime said the logo changes are minor and CDixon said they are changing their gold, so I'd assume maybe a slight facial tweet and a new gold on the logo. And yeah all teams have to wait til April to unviel uniforms I believe.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry. I don't wanna beat this dead horse. But I popped over to a couple of other threads including the Uniwatch Blog and now that the ratio images is in wide circulation the "motion" defense is EVERYWHERE. So is a slight derivation of that where I think people are arguing Forced Perspective but don't really understand it. Neither of those is true.

Jags_new4_zps6f090b54.jpg

Love it. Hate it. Be indifferent. I care not. But be honest about it. Whatever we're witnessing is not the animal in "motion" or being viewed via forced perspective.

I agree with this totally it does not convey motion to me with being elongated.

To me overall thats what makes this a bad logo but a good illustration.

Quite the opposite. Having proportions being off makes it a poor illustration. Buzz words. No substance. A photo of a runner in motion doesn't convey, it is. Tilting a head to 4 o'clock doesn't convey motion by these standards. This can't be a right or wrong answer. Trying to find holes in a logo doesn't work when it has good merit. We're not gonna get anywhere by trying to prove anything. Can't crop out emotional feelings.

Sorry. I don't wanna beat this dead horse. But I popped over to a couple of other threads including the Uniwatch Blog and now that the ratio images is in wide circulation the "motion" defense is EVERYWHERE. So is a slight derivation of that where I think people are arguing Forced Perspective but don't really understand it. Neither of those is true.

Jags_new4_zps6f090b54.jpg

Love it. Hate it. Be indifferent. I care not. But be honest about it. Whatever we're witnessing is not the animal in "motion" or being viewed via forced perspective.

I agree with this totally it does not convey motion to me with being elongated.

To me overall thats what makes this a bad logo but a good illustration.

Quite the opposite. Having proportions being off makes it a poor illustration. Buzz words. No substance. A photo of a runner in motion doesn't convey, it is. Tilting a head to 4 o'clock doesn't convey motion by these standards. This can't be a right or wrong answer. Trying to find holes in a logo doesn't work when it has good merit. We're not gonna get anywhere by trying to prove anything. Can't crop out emotional feelings.

Not quite because the runner could just pretend to be running when the pic is snapped but actually be standing still so no motion involved yet it still potrays it.

I believe what potrays Motion can be a right or wrong answer.

Eagles no longer doing throwback at this time.

Damn. Do you know why?

Could it be because they are switching their look completely after next season? Also, now that theyre not doing a throwback this year, can you tell us what throwback it was going to be? Or at least if it was going to be the Kelly Green version from a couple of years ago?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

What kind of gold could the Vikes possibly be changing to?

I'm going to be pissed if I have to buy a new Vikings mini helmet just because that little ) goes from gold to vegas gold or something.

I'm on that same mini helmet struggle.

I'm going to be mad if the Vikings uniforms stay the same. Last year Nike did nothing new because the only team that got the new look was the Seattle Seahawks. Nike needs to improve the uniform designs for the NFL.

Be careful what you wish for...

Sincerely,

NCAA Football

I'm going to be mad if the Vikings uniforms stay the same. Last year Nike did nothing new because the only team that got the new look was the Seattle Seahawks. Nike needs to improve the uniform designs for the NFL.

Be careful what you wish for...

Sincerely,

NCAA Football

I'd say all their tier 1 schools look solid. I think the trends they start with the big programs look good. It's when the tulsas of the world start using them that uniforms look terrible.

If the Vikings change uniforms (and I'm pretty sure they will) it will be Nike making the uniform look like the Vikings want to. That probably means throwbacks or something based off their throwbacks. The only way that Nike goes crazy with them is if the Vikings tell them to and I would think that the team asks for something traditional since most people don't like the modern look they have now. As for the logo/color change, I'm guessing that the new gold won't be noticeable to most people outside this forum.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Oregon Ducks are the only NCAA team that changes their football uniforms every year. All

Of the NFL teams decided to stay with the same look except for Seattle. That's why Nike took over the NFL.

It's not up to Nike.

Thank the Lord for that or I truly believe everyone would be in Chrome or some other fad if that were the case.

If the Vikings change uniforms (and I'm pretty sure they will) it will be Nike making the uniform look like the Vikings want to. That probably means throwbacks or something based off their throwbacks. The only way that Nike goes crazy with them is if the Vikings tell them to and I would think that the team asks for something traditional since most people don't like the modern look they have now. As for the logo/color change, I'm guessing that the new gold won't be noticeable to most people outside this forum.

Pretty much this. The fans love the throwbacks they were wearing once a year for a while. The current uniform has never been embraced and I don't see them replacing something modern with something Seahawk-like. They are the least traditional team in a very traditional division and I think they'll want to keep up. That said, I have two wishes: purple facemask and yellow outlines on the numbers. I don't think it's going to happen. If I am very lucky I may get a white (as opposed to gray) facemask.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived