2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Early rumors say the Jags will use the shield for their 50 yard line logo.

They said that during the unveiling, didn't they? Or at least that the shield logo will be featured on the field.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early rumors say the Jags will use the shield for their 50 yard line logo.

They said that during the unveiling, didn't they? Or at least that the shield logo will be featured on the field.

I might have missed it. I hope so.

When I heard that, I didn't think midfield logo. I was thinking 25 yard line or end zone. If that is their midfield logo, that's a shame. The head alone should always be the midfield logo

Go A's!

First thing I thought was 25 yd line when he said theyd be featured on the field/. I think the wording wouldve been different had they known it was gonna be on the 50

I would think endzone unless they go NFL shield on 50. Three Jag heads lined up would seem a bit much.

Why do the Panthers, Cowboys, Doplhins, Buccaneers, Redskins, Eagles, and Chargers wear white all the time? Do they hate the home uniforms?

All of those (except the Eagles) are "warm weather city" teams, so they're most likely to wear white at home during the first few weeks of the year when it's still hot outside. The Texans do it to.

.... but the Cowboys only do it because they're the ones who started wearing white at home in the league to set them apart from the other teams in the NFL. And several others followed, like the Texans who tend to wear white at home, but play in a retractable roof stadium so there's no real reason for them to do so. And the Eagles and Redskins tend to play the Cowboys so they sort of force them to wear their blue jerseys when they play.

And this is the NFL. There are no "home" and "away" uniforms. Just white jerseys and color jerseys. No one is bound to just one set.

The Texans only wear white at home once a season now (since 2011). They go all-white for Liberty White Day.

And didn't the Chargers go all-white at home for the first time ever in 2012? They were hyping it that way.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

First thing I thought was 25 yd line when he said theyd be featured on the field/. I think the wording wouldve been different had they known it was gonna be on the 50

I would think endzone unless they go NFL shield on 50. Three Jag heads lined up would seem a bit much.

My thought is the shield at the 50 and the updated word mark in each endzone. With the NFL shield at either both 20's or in the endzones also.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Teams in warm locations wear white at home the 1st week or 2 b/c it's hot so make the road team hotter, more uncomfortable.

Cowboys wear white home, b/c way back in the 60s they didn't want the fans to see navy vs white every game they go to so they wore white. Totally outdated now, since we have sun. ticket and espn, every game on tv.

Dolphins wear white at home, probably b/c its hot and muggy a lot. They wear aqua at home during night games. The rest wear dark at home unless it's hot.

Redskins used to wear white at home but Shanahan changed that.

I'm a hardcore vikings fan that loves AP destroying every Defense. He had the best season of this year just like he did in his rookie year back in 2007.

*fails Turing Test*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why do the Panthers, Cowboys, Doplhins, Buccaneers, Redskins, Eagles, and Chargers wear white all the time? Do they hate the home uniforms?

All of those (except the Eagles) are "warm weather city" teams, so they're most likely to wear white at home during the first few weeks of the year when it's still hot outside. The Texans do it to.

.... but the Cowboys only do it because they're the ones who started wearing white at home in the league to set them apart from the other teams in the NFL. And several others followed, like the Texans who tend to wear white at home, but play in a retractable roof stadium so there's no real reason for them to do so. And the Eagles and Redskins tend to play the Cowboys so they sort of force them to wear their blue jerseys when they play.

And this is the NFL. There are no "home" and "away" uniforms. Just white jerseys and color jerseys. No one is bound to just one set.

Browns wore all white for all home and away games in 2011. I think all white was worn at home 2 or 3 times this season during the first few weeks.

70389454.png

Dolphins do it because of the heat. Thinks it gives them advantage

Maybe they ought to look at how lame their record at home has been in the last decade and think how 'advantageous" their stodgy all whites at home really are.

The Dolphins are a boring team with a boring look, when they wear white all year long (except for the 2 home games in the pre-season).

If they do indeed change uniforms, they ought to start wearing dark jersey's at home all year long. Or just not change at all, since nobody will ever see their dark jerseys.

That is no excuse as the Miami Hurricanes play in the same stadium and wear dark jerseys for all home games.

spacer.png

Eagles no longer doing throwback at this time.

They didn't have a throwemback last year either.

Looking forward to seeing the green jerseys/green pants combo to FINALLY make its debut on the field (with the current uniform set). With the ultra progressive Chip Kelly now in charge, I think we see that. Thank goodness.

That is no excuse as the Miami Hurricanes play in the same stadium and wear dark jerseys for all home games.

Exactly. Maybe those 20 year old college kids don't sweat like 24 year old NFL players do. :sleepy:

Its a :censored:-a-mamee excuse that a few of these "warm weather" NFL clubs use, to trot out their white jerseys. With the way uniforms are made now and the material being used, "colors" don't make any difference.

Archived