2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vik's missed the opportunity to bury that piece and do something that is respectable design. but, to me this is confirmation that they will be going with a traditional uniform design, if not just bringing back one of the old ones. i'm going to guess a vintage/modern Bills-like direction

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm glad they FINALLY updated it, but they missed an opportunity to make the crown of the helmet to something other than yellow. It's the same color as the hair. That's bugged me for ages. I really thought they were gonna make it grey or silver and add that color.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The Buccaneers was confirmed as the "what actually changed," right? Cause when I scrolled through this, thats what I thought at first about the Vikes.

Yeah...this seems like it would fit a "what actually changed?" I seriously doubt most fans would ever actually notice a difference, unless the yellow color change really comes out in the uniforms*. It's not that evident (to me anyway) here.

I'd call it what it is; a minor improvement.

*The yellow will not be evident in the uniforms because my suspician is that there will be very little yellow on the uniforms (i.e. no outline on numbers; just a bit on sleeves/shoulders).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Overall, I think they did a good job with the logo. Just enough tweaks that most people wouldn't notice. I like some of the things, such as the simplified braid and the new eye, but I think the lines are too thick on the face. Also, it has a problem with spots where black lines intersect, such as the tips of the horns, the bottom of the mustache and the spot on hair where the three lines meet. They missed an opportunity to clean up the horn tips, and spread the problem to the mustache and hair. Those spots look too black because the lines aren't cleaned up enough.

Also, I can barely see the difference between the yellows on my monitor, but I think I prefer the old one. Colorwerx, are the Vikings changing back to a shade of yellow they previously wore?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I would've simplified the logo even more and I would've made his helmet completely purple matching it with what they wear on the field.

I suspect we'll be spotting lots of uses of the old logo on TV and print from people who don't know better. It happened regularly with the Panthers and their logos are far more different than these two Vikings logos.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm glad they FINALLY updated it, but they missed an opportunity to make the crown of the helmet to something other than yellow. It's the same color as the hair. That's bugged me for ages. I really thought they were gonna make it grey or silver and add that color.

I've never given that any thought before, but now I can't unsee it!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I would've simplified the logo even more and I would've made his helmet completely purple matching it with what they wear on the field.

I suspect we'll be spotting lots of uses of the old logo on TV and print from people who don't know better. It happened regularly with the Panthers and their logos are far more different than these two Vikings logos.

There planning on using both themselves for now. They only wanted to get it cleaned up before the new stadium is built. The reason they didn't change helmet colors is because they wanted to make the changes not that noticeable. From the website:

Why now?

As the Vikings transition into the drafting of plans for the new stadium and the prevalent Norseman usage throughout that facility, the team realized this is the appropriate time to make these logo enhancements. The evolution will not happen overnight; Vikings fans can expect to see both versions of the logo during the transition period, but the enhanced mark will be noticeable immediately throughout vikings.com. Merchandise with the enhanced Norseman could be available as early as March.

What’s next?

We are looking forward to many exciting changes for our team and fans in the next few years, leading up to the opening of our new stadium. These logo enhancements are just the beginning...

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

As a Vikings fan, it took me off guard at first obviously. The shorter braids and shorter horns will be hard to get used to, but overall I think matching the horns to the helmet was a need. It has been bothering me ever since I've been a Viking fan, and were talking since I was in elementary school, wearing my Cris Carter jersey to school. Like a Jags fan on here said that it was a little sad to see his logo go, even though this isnt as dramatic, it is a little bit of a sad time right now. I will miss the gold though.

Skol!

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Buccaneers was confirmed as the "what actually changed," right? Cause when I scrolled through this, thats what I thought at first about the Vikes.

Yeah...this seems like it would fit a "what actually changed?" I seriously doubt most fans would ever actually notice a difference, unless the yellow color change really comes out in the uniforms*. It's not that evident (to me anyway) here.

*The yellow will not be evident in the uniforms because my suspician is that there will be very little yellow on the uniforms (i.e. no outline on numbers; just a bit on sleeves/shoulders).

Yeah, waaaaay upthread, when it first came out, someone who saw the designs said the Bucs' change was so minor it barely qualified as a change, and since then the discussion has been about MIA/MIN/JAC and figuring out who is doing what.

So Dolphins are either the one modernization, one less caricature or WTF one

In this, the Dolphins & Jaguars are either the modernization or WTF. The Vikings are the less caricature. The Bucaneers are the imperceptible change.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Yeah, waaaaay upthread, when it first came out, someone who saw the designs said the Bucs' change was so minor it barely qualified as a change, and since then the discussion has been about MIA/MIN/JAC and figuring out who is doing what.

So Dolphins are either the one modernization, one less caricature or WTF one

In this, the Dolphins & Jaguars are either the modernization or WTF. The Vikings are the less caricature. The Bucaneers are the imperceptible change.

I thought the Buccaneers fell into the category of 'oops, they AREN'T changing after all'.

It's where I sit.

Archived