2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I was pretty silent here until the Bucs go talked about. I really hope its just some tweak to their visual identity rather than the unis.

One thing that tells me the colors remain constant is this:

rj-stadium1.jpg

The Seats are team colors. Now not saying they cant gut the place and replace them all, but all of these seats are brand new as of the 2006 or 2007 season if I recall. I have heard rumors however of new video boards, so maybe the seats are due as part of the renovation....IDK.

Need less to say, I am curious and cautious of the change and hope that not much changes, the unis remain constant and simple tweaks occur.

If they did go back to the creamcicle look full time, the seats would still work because red would be the secondary color.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pretty silent here until the Bucs go talked about. I really hope its just some tweak to their visual identity rather than the unis.

rj-stadium1.jpg

The Seats are team colors. Now not saying they cant gut the place and replace them all, but all of these seats are brand new as of the 2006 or 2007 season if I recall. I have heard rumors however of new video boards, so maybe the seats are due as part of the renovation....IDK.

Need less to say, I am curious and cautious of the change and hope that not much changes, the unis remain constant and simple tweaks occur.

If they go back to their original colors, red is still a team color. Besides, even if they switched, why would that be an imperative to put everyone in creamsicle seats? You shouldn't know which color the seats are because people are in them.

edit: damn you DC in tha house without a doubt

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

rj-stadium1.jpg

If they go back to their original colors, red is still a team color. Besides, even if they switched, why would that be an imperative to put everyone in creamsicle seats? You shouldn't know which color the seats are because people are in them.

It's a professional sports franchise in Florida. Seat colors are always important.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Being a texans fan and seeing the jags twice a year I have always liked the helmets and if they do allow Nike to go ape ____ with the overhaul I hope the helmet stays the same if not go all black again. Also if they completely take the teal out great just go black and gold with some great jaguar patterned unis to deter everyone from thinking they are a saints rip off. Also while I did not like the white texans helmet when the team was first announced I wouldn't mind seeing them use it as an alternate for battle red day because I think the blue helmets, although as awesome as they are, make the battle red with the white pants look kinda off. Either go white red white or blue red red.

The NFL supposedly has a rule that seats must be in a team color so that random empty seats are not apparent on TV. I know the Bengals have green seats, but other than that I think pretty much every stadium which was renovated in the last 15-20 years has team color seats. Regardless, they aren't going to make a team install 70,000 new seats just because they changed their logos.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The NFL supposedly has a rule that seats must be in a team color so that random empty seats are not apparent on TV. I know the Bengals have green seats, but other than that I think pretty much every stadium which was renovated in the last 15-20 years has team color seats. Regardless, they aren't going to make a team install 70,000 new seats just because they changed their logos.

Especially when red is still the team's secondary color. It's certainly not as prominent as the creamsicle, but red seats won't be enough to deter them if going back to orange is what they actually want to do.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm a tad skeptical, if that rule does in fact exist, a good chunk of the league would be grandfathered in with neutral seats...even a newish stadium like heinz field having the seats in a team color (yellow) makes empty seats look worse. additionally the new jersey stadium would have a pretty tough time having seats in giants and jets colors

Especially when red is still the team's secondary color. It's certainly not as prominent as the creamsicle, but red seats won't be enough to deter them if going back to orange is what they actually want to do.

If they go back to orange and red (and lose the pewter) then all the Bucs would have to do is change out the pewter seats on the club levels. However, the pewter seats may be just neutral enough that the league doesn't care.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm not so sure on this. I mean, I'm not calling you out or saying your wrong, but Lambeau Field is just metal bleachers. Silver isn't one of our colors. Grant it we never have seats showing since we always have sell outs, but still. Unless Lambeau was grandfathered in to this rule or something.

I'm not so sure on this. I mean, I'm not calling you out or saying your wrong, but Lambeau Field is just metal bleachers. Silver isn't one of our colors. Grant it we never have seats showing since we always have sell outs, but still. Unless Lambeau was grandfathered in to this rule or something.

I have no idea about the rule, but I am sure Lambeau would be grandfathered. As would the Metrodome (blue seats), which opened in 1982.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't know if that's a real rule or just what teams do to protect themselves. Empty seats look bad on television, but team colors can do at lot to hide that.

Now, is it a real NFL rule? Could be. But if so, I don't think there's any indication that it applies to anything other than new constructon (and shared stadiums would obviously have to be exempted).

Isn't there a stadium (Georgia Dome or Superdome, maybe?) that has all different colored seats? The thought there being that if there are empty seats you won't be able to tell since they won't all be the same color.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well, if they're bleachers, they aren't real seats. I doubt they would ask anyone to paint the bleachers green. Besides, if there are no seat backs, you would only actually see the bleachers if there were multiple empty rows consecutively, and we know that's not going to happen at Lambeau. Even if it did have actual seats, I imagine it would have been grandfathered, anyway.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well, if they're bleachers, they aren't real seats. I doubt they would ask anyone to paint the bleachers green. Besides, if there are no seat backs, you would only actually see the bleachers if there were multiple empty rows consecutively, and we know that's not going to happen at Lambeau. Even if it did have actual seats, I imagine it would have been grandfathered, anyway.

And actually you can by seats that attach to the bleachers at the game which are green. But you used to be able to buy old ones which were a golden mustardy color. So who knows.

And actually you can by seats that attach to the bleachers at the game which are green. But you used to be able to buy old ones which were a golden mustardy color. So who knows.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say not a real NFL rule.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say not a real NFL rule.

Majority of the seats in the Seahawks stadium are Seahawk blue which is no longer a color in their uniforms.

The Bucs have the best helmet in football, and any talk of change worries me.

I think their current set is a close to perfect mix of modern and traditional, "new" Bucs and "old" Bucs.

Change for the sake of change never turns out well.

SigReflect.png

Cincinnati also has green seats at Paul Brown.

I think their current set is a close to perfect mix of modern and traditional, "new" Bucs and "old" Bucs.

Couldnt have said it better myself Shoop.

Cincinnati also has green seats at Paul Brown.

Couldnt have said it better myself Shoop.

I agree with this as well. They did "charger" it up without "chargering" it up. They kept orange in the current set by using it as the football on the helmet, trim on the stripes on the pants, and trim on the numbers. They didn't force a multitude of colors like the Chargers did with their update.

Their unis could use slight tweeks like maybe adding a red outline around the pirate ships/wordmark on the white jersey (getting rid of nike's toilet seat collar). Their set is beautiful. Best in the NFL IMO. Going toward the throwbacks (or mixing the colors in a new current design) wouldn't work as they've moved away from that identity and it's a treat to have a game like last weekend. The only other complaint I have (but will never change) is that they wear white way too much.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived