2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dolphins have only used two different Aquas in print - at least since moving from custom ink matches to Pantone values in the early 1980s:

MiamiDolphinsAqua_1989_SCC_SRGB.pngMiamiDolphinsAqua_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

And here are the different Pantone Textile colors they've used (since 1997, when the NFL first began to specify them in official documentation):

MiamiDolphinsAqua_2001_TXC_SRGB.pngMiamiDolphinsAqua_2004_TXC_SRGB.pngMiamiDolphinsAqua_2011_TXC_SRGB.pngMiamiDolphinsAqua_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

Note the movement back-and-forth between two different colors.

And for good measure, here is an approximation of the Nike fabric color (converted from CMYK specs):

MiamiDolphinsAqua_9999_TC2_SRGB.png

I do have an official 1977 Style Guide sheet - complete with the custom ink matches - and it does match fairly closely to the circa 1980 swatch. Maybe a tiny bit more Blue, but pretty close.

I don't know whether it's just because i'm a Dolphins fan so i'm paying more attention, but it feels like the Vikings and Jaguars logo changes were announced and released fairly promptly.

The Dolphins logo change seems to have dragged out forever. They should have just kept their mouths shut until a week before the announcement then done some sort of teaser reveal before a big release with uniforms and helmets all complete and being modeled by the players.

I don't know whether it's just because i'm a Dolphins fan so i'm paying more attention, but it feels like the Vikings and Jaguars logo changes were announced and released fairly promptly.

The Dolphins logo change seems to have dragged out forever. They should have just kept their mouths shut until a week before the announcement then done some sort of teaser reveal before a big release with uniforms and helmets all complete and being modeled by the players.

I almost used that user name here. Nice one. I actually use it for my Xbox gamer tag.

/off topic

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Matte helmets should stay out of the NFL.

That's such an amateur look. It's bad enough that the Seahawks are using the mild matte finish now.

sidenote: I have yet to see a matte helmet that wouldn't have looked better with a gloss finish.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I certainly don't have any better guess about this than anybody else, but my current belief is that the Vikings are keeping the current uniform for one more year. Something about the way they've decided to make the logo implemenation a gradual thing, as though they're going to take their time about these things. And since they dropped the logo on us, you'd think they'd be at least teasing the idea that new uniforms are coming soon, which they are not doing. Also, throw in that this will be the last season in the metrodome, seems logical to keep the look the same for the last run.

Of course, by that logic they might be planning on keeping this clowny suit until the new stadium opens, but, Lord, I hope not.

I don't understand why they would wait and cost themselves three months worth of merchandise sales while people wait until the new stuff comes out...

I really hope the Vikings keep their current uniforms. The only change they need to make is to stop wearing white pants on the road. They have one of the best road looks in football when they wear purple pants.

adrian-peterson-2.jpg

I think you post that once a day... All jokes aside I've definitely seen about 8 times, same pic and all.

90758391980.gif

Archived