2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope the Vikings keep their current uniforms. The only change they need to make is to stop wearing white pants on the road. They have one of the best road looks in football when they wear purple pants.

adrian-peterson-2.jpg

They need white socks for the purple pants.

I really hope the Vikings keep their current uniforms. The only change they need to make is to stop wearing white pants on the road. They have one of the best road looks in football when they wear purple pants.

adrian-peterson-2.jpg

I think you post that once a day... All jokes aside I've definitely seen about 8 times, same pic and all.

That's probably because it's the only picture ever taken showing the side stripes on the jersey and pants properly aligned.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

adrian-peterson-2.jpg

I think you post that once a day... All jokes aside I've definitely seen about 8 times, same pic and all.

That's probably because it's the only picture ever taken showing the side stripes on the jersey and pants properly aligned.

That's probably an indication that it isn't a good design.

adrian-peterson-2.jpg

They need white socks for the purple pants.

And right after they get white socks, just burn this entire mess.

I'm looking forward to the Vikings looking like the Vikings again. If not in '13, at least soon.

This definitely falls into the FWIW bin, but several months ago I asked Bradley Handwerger, who covers the Saints for WWL in New Orleans, if he'd heard any uni news:

===

I suspect Nike will tweak it some this offseason, whether it’s material or something else. I don’t think they’re looking at a complete overhaul. I’m not even sure the NFL would OK a complete overhaul at this point.

===

Don't know what he meant about the NFL part since the Saints are way past the 5-year requirement.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Why wow? Merchandising opportunities for one game? They're printing cash.

Did you mean the 49ers would wear those old style uniforms just one game? I interpreted them wearing them like all next season, not just as a one-off alternate.

Why would they do that? They haven't had the current unis for 5 years and that would make no sense to change after making the Super Bowl.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I don't think that will happen. They've initiated a tradition of having a creamsicle game every year and it appears to be a really popular move. They connected it to their ring of fame and made it a true event. With the NFL rules about alternate uniforms, I don't think they would give up on that in order to wear undershirts once or twice a year.

Who says the Pro Combat uniform wouldn't be creamsicle?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

We all appreciate new members, esp. those that have such interesting scoops. But it's all so out there, you gotta provide some semblance of evidence or proof. The nonsense that flew ahead of the Marlins re-brand was so ridiculous, especially with the poster saying, "I'm right, you are all wrong, and you'll all be shocked", and then getting beligerent about it when he got called on it.

And if someone in the know can clarify the rules on uniform changes, that would be helpful too.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I have been lurking these boards for a long, long time. I don't know how Mile High Magic knows what he knows but he is correct in everything except (as far as I'm aware) the Tampa Bay Pro Combats. That's not to say that they won't happen, but everything else I can confirm.

A lot of you people on these boards are not going to be happy with the changes coming to most of these teams. I'm new to forums with this interface, so I don't yet know how to quote posts, but I saw many of you talking about, for example, the Cowboys switching shades of blue, or the Packers re-aligning stripes on a uniform. You are thinking way too small.

The changes coming to these teams is going to be dramatic. I can't get into a whole lot, but I can tell you a few things:

The Vikings are blending modern and traditional. I have zero idea what the Browns are doing. When you see the Dolphins uniform and logo, you may be shocked for all the wrong reasons. The Eagles are going full Oregon. The Cowboys though, this is the one I feel people are either going to love or hate. I will tell you right now, the main colors will be Royal Blue and Chrome. I'm not just talking about chrome helmets either (yes, chrome helmets will be featured) but Nike and HGI are also trying to figure out a way to incorporate chrome into fabric. The "surprise" team is going to blow you away. I could show you a picture of one of the proposed domes and you would still have no idea what team it was for, That's really all I can say at this point.

I will answer questions if I can answer them, so feel free to fire away but if you don't get an answer then I can't tell you, so please don't pester me.

gordie_delini is that you? LOL

A lot of you people on these boards are not going to be happy with the changes coming to most of these teams. I'm new to forums with this interface, so I don't yet know how to quote posts, but I saw many of you talking about, for example, the Cowboys switching shades of blue, or the Packers re-aligning stripes on a uniform. You are thinking way too small.

Cowboys though, this is the one I feel people are either going to love or hate. I will tell you right now, the main colors will be Royal Blue and Chrome. I'm not just talking about chrome helmets either (yes, chrome helmets will be featured) but Nike and HGI are also trying to figure out a way to incorporate chrome into fabric.

If true, this would me no more greenish silver pants with the white jerseys!

Archived