I hate helmet logos painted on football fields

48erhater

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like helmet logos on the field, in fact I wouldn't mind more teams doing it.

Honestly, I wish all 32 teams had a 2-D helmet on the center of their field. It's classy and looks nice.

I disagree. There really is no good reason to have a helmet painted on the field. It doesn't make much more sense than if basketball teams started painting their jerseys mid-court instead of a logo. And that makes no sense at all.

Untitled.png

I actually like helmet logos on the field, in fact I wouldn't mind more teams doing it.

Honestly, I wish all 32 teams had a 2-D helmet on the center of their field. It's classy and looks nice.

I disagree. There really is no good reason to have a helmet painted on the field. It doesn't make much more sense than if basketball teams started painting their jerseys mid-court instead of a logo. And that makes no sense at all.

No, there's a difference. NFL teams consider their helmet designs to be logos in and of themselves. That's why you see helmet logos on t-shirts, caps, and fields. It's also why the NFL only allows one helmet design per team (with the exception of throwbacks). They don't want a team to devalue one of their strongest marks (the helmet logo) by regularly wearing multiple helmets.

As for helmet logos on the field? I like the 2D versions a lot. It's the 3D versions that I think ought to be banned from the playing surface. Those never look good, in my opinion.

I think the Chargers would look best with an updated horse/shield logo at midfield.

I agree, I'd love an updated version of that logo for the Bolts. But, I've heard that they won't use that logo since it's too similar to the white Bronco. Grated the chargers had the white horse first but since it hasn't been used continuously, Denver now is the "white horse" team.

I think the Chargers would look best with an updated horse/shield logo at midfield.

I agree, I'd love an updated version of that logo for the Bolts. But, I've heard that they won't use that logo since it's too similar to the white Bronco. Grated the chargers had the white horse first but since it hasn't been used continuously, Denver now is the "white horse" team.

I forgot about that shield and I believe it would look good, but as far as the Bolt of Lightning I think it would not look good by itself.

spacer.png

No, there's a difference. NFL teams consider their helmet designs to be logos in and of themselves. That's why you see helmet logos on t-shirts, caps, and fields. It's also why the NFL only allows one helmet design per team (with the exception of throwbacks). They don't want a team to devalue one of their strongest marks (the helmet logo) by regularly wearing multiple helmets.

As for helmet logos on the field? I like the 2D versions a lot. It's the 3D versions that I think ought to be banned from the playing surface. Those never look good, in my opinion.

That hit the nail on the head, no pun intended. The helmet in football isn't just for protection. It's branding in and of itself. It's far and away the most identifiable piece of equipment in any sport when used in that context, nothing else even comes close.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Which is why the NFL won't let teams use alternate helmets (except as part of a complete throwback uniform): it weakens the brand.

Thankfully teams like the Chargers use their helmet at mid-field because I don't think their logo would look right by itself.

San-Diego.jpg

I agree completely.

The Chargers desperately need a new primary logo - the bolt only makes sense in context, and when removed from the helmet it just looks silly.

The Colts field would look so much nicer if they just had the horseshoe on the field. It looks ugly with the helmet on midfield.

amen. i think the shoe works great at midfield. (nevermind this particular logo, just a concept)

lucasoil.jpg

This midfield logo is perfect...the end zones are terrible. That being said, this is a perfect illustration of why the horseshoe logo at midfield works just fine; simple but effective. I wouldn't want some awkward looking retarded colt wearing a helmet from the 60's at mid field in place of this.

i think the reason why the chargers stick with the helmet is because they share a season with San Diego State and it makes it easier to just change the helmet logo/color and the facemask color

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

The Colts field would look so much nicer if they just had the horseshoe on the field. It looks ugly with the helmet on midfield.

amen. i think the shoe works great at midfield. (nevermind this particular logo, just a concept)

lucasoil.jpg

This midfield logo is perfect...the end zones are terrible. That being said, this is a perfect illustration of why the horseshoe logo at midfield works just fine; simple but effective. I wouldn't want some awkward looking retarded colt wearing a helmet from the 60's at mid field in place of this.

hey screw you buddy! LOL :P

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived