Week 5 NFL Uniforms

njmeadowlanders

Great uni matchups from today: Philly/Pittsburgh, Green Bay/Indianapolis, and, surprisingly, Minnesota/Tennessee. Maybe it's just me, but I really like the contrast between Minnesota's purple tops and Tennessee's powder blue pants.

330zl3b.png

Great uni matchups from today: Philly/Pittsburgh, Green Bay/Indianapolis, and, surprisingly, Minnesota/Tennessee. Maybe it's just me, but I really like the contrast between Minnesota's purple tops and Tennessee's powder blue pants.

This. It's a nice pair of offsetting colors.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Seattle looks much better with the grey pants. I hope they will wear it a few more times this year.

I like it better, too. Sadly, I don't think we will see it again unless they are on the road and the home team wears white. It seems my team is dead-set on wearing monochrome at home.

Perhaps I've missed the discussion on this, but did the official's jerseys have that new font prior to this week?

I mentioned this in one of the other dozen or so NFL uniform threads earlier today. Definitely different than the ones worn by returning referees last week.

6uXNWAo.png

I've been advocating that the Seahawks go with gray pants full time. Now having watched a good chunk of game with them in that combo, I think it clearly is the best look they could go with, and in the case of the dark jerseys, the only choice that isn't horrific. But just as clearly, its still a badly mismatched hodgepodge of ideas, motifs, and colors. They need to go in with an eraser and edit, edit, edit. Figure out what, if anything, is working (IMO, that might be the upper chest/ shoulder bands and the larger pattern motif on the pants) and greatly simply everything else (lose the tiny pattern in the numbers and useless helmet stripe, introduce some white into the dark jerseys, do a better job of distributing all colors throughout... again IMHO). Somewhere in there may be a nice modern uniform, but it got all covered up in a big pile of "Hey, wouldn't this be cool?!"

Seattle looks much better with the grey pants. I hope they will wear it a few more times this year.

I like it better, too. Sadly, I don't think we will see it again unless they are on the road and the home team wears white. It seems my team is dead-set on wearing monochrome at home.

The Seahawks are scheduled to wear their grey alternates at home next Sunday putting the visiting Patroits in their blue jerseys.......

The Seahawks are scheduled to wear their grey alternates at home next Sunday putting the visiting Patroits in their blue jerseys.......

Grey monochrome!! woo hoo

Grey monochrome!! woo hoo

Maybe, I can see them wearing blue pants with them.........

Archived