NBA courts

-DASH

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure they are getting new court? I mean 100% sure about that? I can't find that info anywhere except for everywhere

Here's the court :)

new-york-knicks-2013-201.jpg

Actually where you have NYKnicks.com and @nyknicks on the sidelines it actually says CHASE

Thats 4 times on the court it says CHASE

Does anyone know why the Knicks are the only team allowed to sell ad space on their court? Does it have to do with not having a corporate naming rights to the Building i.e. the Staples Center on the court is sorta an ad for Staples? So are the Knicks allowed to write Chase because they don't have a stadium name ad?

FWIW Madison Square Garden is a brand of its own even if it doesn't pay for the naming rights to its own building.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Are you sure they are getting new court? I mean 100% sure about that? I can't find that info anywhere except for everywhere

Here's the court :)

new-york-knicks-2013-201.jpg

Actually where you have NYKnicks.com and @nyknicks on the sidelines it actually says CHASE

Thats 4 times on the court it says CHASE

Does anyone know why the Knicks are the only team allowed to sell ad space on their court? Does it have to do with not having a corporate naming rights to the Building i.e. the Staples Center on the court is sorta an ad for Staples? So are the Knicks allowed to write Chase because they don't have a stadium name ad?

FWIW Madison Square Garden is a brand of its own even if it doesn't pay for the naming rights to its own building.

The 'CHASE' ads near the benches are applicable only during non-ESPN, ABC and TNT games, during which the website and Twitter handles will be placed during national broadcasts. The Pacers will do the same with their IEDC 'A State That Works' ad; the phrase won't appear on the hardwood during national TV games.

The Raptors will also sell ad space on the court; they just recently inked a deal with BMO. The NBA is simply experimenting with placing ads on the court.

The sidelines are new, But the Knicks have been the only team that has an ad right on the court under MSG word mark for a few years now. What's the story with that? I would think if it was allowed many teams would jump on it. Why only the Knicks?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Sacramento Kings with new center logo

sacramento-kings-2013-20.jpg

Looks awesome, but the center court logo is a tad too big. In real life, the logo does not extend past the key in either direction (height-wise)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived