LOGOLYMPIAD - Event 5 Voting

pollux

G: 4

S: 6

B: 1

Also, I think that we should change the rules to allow for DQ'd submissions to the voted on. I understand that it is unfair to gain an advantage by violating the rules. However, I am think that the members of this board can be arbiters of what is fair and what is not. Can you instead highlight the submissions that you think violate the rules (as you do now), explain why you think they should not be considered (as you do now), and then still give them a number so we can decide whether the violation is worthy of being DQ'd (which you do not currently do).

So my real vote is:

G: 4

S: DQ1

B: 6

The DQ'ed one was very good. Would've got a vote from me i it hadn't got DQ'ed for a very nitpicky reason, IMO.

DQed one would've gotten my vote. That's a ridiculous reason for it to be disqualified.

The first bullet point for the event rules states to use existing colors only. When there are 10 colors on the logo, compared to the 3 colors from the original logo, it's way too much. Other contestants have followed this rule, so I don't think it's too much to ask from all participants.

Also, I think that we should change the rules to allow for DQ'd submissions to the voted on. I understand that it is unfair to gain an advantage by violating the rules. However, I am think that the members of this board can be arbiters of what is fair and what is not. Can you instead highlight the submissions that you think violate the rules (as you do now), explain why you think they should not be considered (as you do now), and then still give them a number so we can decide whether the violation is worthy of being DQ'd (which you do not currently do).

Rules are there to be followed. I will continue to DQ anyone who doesn't follow them. Remember that I am the only referee for this contest. I will not allow people to vote for the disqualified entries for the simple reason that you have so boldly demonstrated: voters have their own interpretation of the rules. You would have voted for the DQ'ed entry, yet, along the rules, it should be disqualified.

Long story short: I make the call. It's not like there are 10 rules per event. Most events only have two or three rules. I find it appalling that people can't follow a simple set of rules.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - MontrΓ©al Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Sorry for the late results!

Event5_Bronze.png

The bronze medal for Event 5 goes to officeglenn, for Entry #4

Event5_Silver.png

The silver medal for Event 5 goes to Rayman, for Entry #3

Event5_Gold.png

And gold for Event 5 goes to Don_Kay, for Entry #6

Please copy the medals and host them on your account if you want to add them to your signature.

You can see all entries here: Event 5 album

List of participants:

1 Lights Out

2 mjrbaseball

3 Rayman

4 officeglenn

5 The Golden One

6 Don_Kay

7 neilb

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - MontrΓ©al Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

List of participants:

1 Lights Out

2 mjrbaseball

3 Rayman

4 officeglenn

5 The Golden One

6 Don_Kay

7 neilb

The seventh entry wasn't included in the first post of this thread. Was it received late?

Holy crap. I received it 10 minutes before the deadline and uploaded it as well on the album before creating the thread.

I don't know how I missed putting it up there. That mistake is on me. :(

Pollux is correct. The rules are not difficult to understand or to follow, if you read them carefully. If there were a case in which 7 or 8 entries violated a rule, that might be reason for someone to question the clarity of that rule. However it is just one entry violating, and everyone else understood it.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

For poops and giggles, here's my entry the way I originally conceived it, before remembering the "original colours only" caveat just before sending it off:

event5_officeglenn2_zpsdd67fcf9.png

i understand the rules, but I don't understand why if someone sent in an entry that doesn't abide by the rules they can't be warned or reminded. Some of us have very busy schedules and don't spend a lot of time on the entries (if they even have time to submit it) that just miss a rule that isn't such a big deal. Especially when it is an easy fix.

Archived