Lights Out's NCAA Football

Lights Out

I've been struck with the college football concept bug lately, so here goes...

LSU

y9ex9.png

l9Fml.png

KaVHO.png

Lots of inspiration taken from their ProCombats (color scheme, sublimated tiger stripes). Every striping pattern and wordmark is now unified, the Geaux font is finally used for the numbers, and the tiger logo on the helmet is an actual tiger instead of a vague blob.

Oregon State

x9xMm.png

fGj0X.png

U4VZk.png

r05V0.png

While finding stuff for the concept, I came across Oregon State's academic logo, and it's so badass that I had to use it on the helmets. Everything here is mix-and-match, like the Ducks, but unlike Oregon, I wanted to emphasize a more classic look. Simple rounded striping and a beaver tail pattern make it pop.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State

WFh8i.png

okShN.png

y9qpu.png

I didn't do much to the Buckeyes - I just switched to their ProCombat '40s number font from 2010 and added gray to the sleeves so the current striping pattern could flow better.

Michigan

V9Uh4.png

kHaom.png

plk2B.png

On the complete other end of the spectrum, I went unorthodox for Michigan, basing their look around the "bumblebee" road jersey from last season. The number font is based on this wordmark, and the maize facemask was a happy accident that I think looks better than the navy facemask for them.

xLmjWVv.png

NC State

hMcUl.png

PkpUp.png

3Pqv3.png

Because the helmet design is so wild here, I decided to keep the jerseys and pants basically as simple as they are now. I love their new wordmark with the "NCS" monogram inserted into "STATE," so I kept that, and I emphasized black more.

UNC

qvY2l.png

5mfiH.png

aJSNj.png

Far from the most unique concept I've done, but argyle always looks nice for UNC.

xLmjWVv.png

Excellent stuff here. The OSU logo is really neat. Obviously, it took me a good, long gander to accept it...but the design has zero flaws. Oregon State, the LSU home, and the Ohio State concepts are my favorite. I feel like Ohio State could enhance its identity by replacing the number font they use with that on its current uniforms. I'm not a fan of how you did the sleeves for them, but overall it's a nice look.

Make the road numbers purple for the Tigers.

Oh, and I'm not diggin' the NC State helmet, but I'm pleasantly surprised with the jerseys and pants.

Good job! Make more!

I like these concepts, Michigan or UNC is probably my favorite of the bunch.

The LSU uniforms look great, my only complaint is the gold numbers on the away jersey would probably be hard to read especially with the double outline. You could get away with using no outlines on the numbers for LSU by just using white on purple, and purple on white.

I like everything about Oregon State except the logo, I'm not real crazy about it.

Ohio State looks great, I always give them gray sleeves for my concepts too, that's something they need to do asap, the new number font is what really makes this concept stand out.

Michigan looks great too, I'm a big fan of the bumblebee uniforms, and once again the number font really makes this stand out.

NC State is the only big miss in this group, if you eliminated black that would help alot, the helmet is a good idea but I'm not sure how it would really look, if you tried a red helmet shell with a white logo that would look much better IMO.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I love the diamond pattern with UNC...although I'd be interested to see the diamonds as a helmet stripe. The michigan sleeves are the best part...I really like the blue/gold stripes.

I love the Oregon State helmet logo...really classy, but i'd put some sort of reference to the old logos...after all, they are classic.

LSU is really good...I like the darker gold but it looks too much like the ND gold...Maybe a slightly lighter shade between the yellow and gold would make it look more unique...I love the purple though.

I feel like NC State has potential...but the black is messing with it...maybe if you try getting rid of it in the helmet...may look classier.

Overall, great concepts.

spacer.png

Not a fan of either of your last two concepts. The honeycomb pattern may look even worse magnified like that. I can only imagine what the horrible distortion of the techfit would do to it.

As for the dog collar...that looks like it belongs in the XFL.

Me neither. I like the honeycomb pattern for GT but only on the jersey and pants, I would get rid of the helmet stripe. For UGA, lose the dog collar and the helmet stripe would look better white.

I love the new USC uniforms, especially the striping.

Georgia is a miss for me though. I like the helmet and shoulder stripes, but the pants stripes look way out of place. I would also keep the striping on the home uniform for the road jerseys.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Love most of these, especially UNC with the argyle pattern and Oregon State. Don't love the dog collar for UGA or the extensive honeycomb on Georgia Tech, but overall nice job as always.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived