Rivalry Trophies

raysox

So many of you know that my dad and I went to the NC State- Florida State game this weekend. We are planning on going each year, and I threw the idea out to have a rivalry trophy. Whoever team wins would get the trophy until the next game.

What I'm wondering is what are your favorite rivalry trophy? Personally, I wanted something with the scores of the games and each team's logo. So give me some ideas!

Also, what are your favorites? Post here

Michigan-Minnesota

52767_max.jpg

Pitt-Cincy

River-City-Rivalry-Trophy-and-Pitt-football-players%20-MG-6365.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just made a bunch of illustrations for rivalry trophies. I'm not familiar with what every trophy looks like, but off the top of my head, I think the Megaphone is a great-looking trophy. Hits all the marks: weird mundane object, hand painted with years and scores, teams have great logos and color schemes. I especially love the splash of red.

megaphone-trophy.jpg

I also have to say that I like the Jug, Floyd of Rosedale, Paul Bunyan's Axe, The Bayou Bucket, The Silver Spade; there are a lot of great ones. I prefer the trophies that don't have a pedestal or case, though. The ones that you can carry around as if they were any old megaphone, axe, whatever.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Huge homerism but I gotta love the Bronze boot (Wyoming vs CSU version) granted to the winner of the oldest rivalry west of the Missouri River. (note not the Mississippi)

20101120__Colorado-State-Wyoming-Football~p1.jpg

The missing Paniolo Trophy (Wyoming vs Hawaii)

170fc65ec36227129f771e5fa2900dcf.jpg

And my non-homerism trophy would be either the Ireland Trophy or Illibuck!

04illinois-1.jpg

There hasn't been a game between the University of North Dakota and North Dakota State University since 2003, but here's the Nickel Trophy:

JfDAl.jpg

Flip Side:

IVogN.jpg

The next time these two teams are able to play is 2015. Hopefully they're able to schedule a game then, this game was like a holiday in ND.

qvAvG.jpg

Huge homerism but I gotta love the Bronze boot (Wyoming vs CSU version) granted to the winner of the oldest rivalry west of the Missouri River. (note not the Mississippi)

One thing I never understood is why an Army boot opposed to say... a western boot... which would at least have more local resonance behind it.

One thing I never understood is why an Army boot opposed to say... a western boot... which would at least have more local resonance behind it.

I believe because the ROTC programs sponsor it and they havea relay to take the game ball from one campus to the other.

Ya call that a boot? Now THIS is a boot!

Beehive_Boot.jpg

The Beehive Boot to be exact.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Nothing fancy, but the Territorial Cup is my fav for obvious reasons.

01_2010_asuuofa_fbc_2796w_0_0.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived