Rivalry Trophies

raysox

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite is the Sweet Sioux Tomahawk for Illinois and Northwestern. It's now retired because of the P.C. Nazis.

Call it me, but the U of I contingent on this board are even bigger whiners than the Clevelanders. Can we make "illin-jacked" a thing?

My favorite is the Sweet Sioux Tomahawk for Illinois and Northwestern. It's now retired because of the P.C. Nazis.

Call it me, but the U of I contingent on this board are even bigger whiners than the Clevelanders. Can we make "illin-jacked" a thing?

Not at all. Each time this comes up, they are met by an equally boisterous group of effete pseudo-intellectuals who are just as obnoxious.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think it's funny that people on this board talk about how horrible Chief Illiniwek is and that he should have been retired, but then talk nonstop about how great the Redskins' and Florida State's uniforms are.

I think it's funny that people on this board talk about how horrible Chief Illiniwek is and that he should have been retired, but then talk nonstop about how great the Redskins' and Florida State's uniforms are.

FSU has the blessing of the tribe to use it.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

You're comparing a logo to a uniform set though which doesn't make much since because the current Redskins uniforms aren't offensive in anyway to Indian tribes. But people could make an argument for the logo.

A very cool trophy to see close up, the Jeweled Shillelagh is the trophy given to the winner of the ND - SC annual game.

Jeweledshillelagh.jpg

Don't know if it's a plus or minus, but it looks like a huge studded dildo, complete with balls. Drawing it was actually kind of weird.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You're comparing a logo to a uniform set though which doesn't make much since because the current Redskins uniforms aren't offensive in anyway to Indian tribes. But people could make an argument for the logo.

The logo is part of the uniform.

FSU has the blessing of the tribe to use it.

Yeah it's Illinois's fault that there are no living descendants of the Illini Confederation tribes. There were some living Peoria members, but they went to Oklahoma and created a new tribe with other Native American groups.

*ahem*

Gentlemen, we're not having this out again, and certainly not here. Carry on talking about rivalry trophies.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

My dad texted me from Goodwill with some pictures of things that may be our trophy. I saw this and KNEW that it had to be it. We both ate barbecue every day we were up there. So it's perfect. We'll fill the bottom in with clay or something then paint the FSU logo on one side and NC State logo on the other.

tumblr_mbp9pcnv9d1qe2dhgo1_500.jpg

Platypus trophy presented to the winner of the Civil War (OSU vs. UO) was lost in the 60's and found in 2005 and is now given to the winning school's alumni association.

medium_platypus.jpg

Would love to see a modern update and get it on the field during the games so the players can celebrate with it.

Archived