Brave-Bird 08's NFL Unveil

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Panthers concept is fantastic. I love the use of white over silver, really cleans up the set. The pants striping with the claw marks is good also, but the helmet is the best part for me. The white helmet is actually a great look for them now that I see it, and the striping is great as well. Great job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The Panthers set is good, but the white helmet does not go well with the black pants like a silver helmet. The striping on the pants is amazing and by far the best striping I have seen so far in your concepts. I am so looking forward to seeing every team.

spacer.png

I really like the Falcons and the Cardinals, no problems there.

The Panthers update is nice but I agree the sleeves look too much like the falcons, I would try replicating the pants stripe on the jersey somehow because that is the strongest part of this concept.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

(2) Atlanta Falcons

helmet.png

The Falcons return to a few old color combinations with the new set, but mainly the change to a red helmet helps with having a more color consistent home and road, which has been something Atlanta has lacked since deciding on red jerseys and other alternate garments as a home set since 2004. Red returns as the prominent color, and the alternate black jersey pairs with the white pants and red helmet well to create a "fauxback" to the 60s while also keeping the modern style. Black pants are also welcomed back into the set.The sleeves have been streamlined to make for a more aggressive look.

I'd like to see this with a black facemask

From what I've seen, this concept series has a lot more hits than misses. The Cardinals' set is pure HOME RUN, and the Falcons' and Panthers' sets are nice evolutions.

The only things that bug me are the piping on the Falcons' pants and the Panthers' number font.

Sigs are for sissies.

The sleeve design feels Falcons-y to me. I like the idea of tying in the number font to the wordmark script, but I don't think the "1" looks quite right. Maybe try adding a serif to the top of the one.

Love love love the pants but I echo JP's sentiment on the Panthers.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Not sure about the white helmets for Carolina. I think the silver adds something (or maybe I find white too plain).

I agree about the jersey comparison with Atlanta. Perhaps something along the lines of the slash marks there too.

I still don't like the weird Carolina helmet stripes. They seem so random and disconnected from the rest of the team identity. I would much rather

see three slashes or even a standard stripe up there.

(5) Chicago Bears

hellmet.png

Chicago has an undeniable look, so it would be risky to do too much to its identity. Despite having the same home and road look for decades, changes are made here to the striping to make for a more consistent set, without ruining the identity. Also, the GSH logo has been moved to the helmet to keep the sleeves from being crammed. The 30s throwback is something different as well.

**Quick update. I'm going to redo the Bills and give a V2 of Carolina! Those are coming next.

Arizona: Love 'em. The return of the old school striping is great, and the logo looks really nice on the sleeves. The pride jersey looks spiffy as well. My only complaint is the yokes on the roads. you took the worst part of their current set and kept it. The sleeve stripes/logo are plenty.

Atlanta: While I would have liked to seen some incorporation of the logo elements in the jersey/pants design, this is a nice modification/simplification of their current look.

Baltimore: I like the sublimated flag pattern on the sleeves and the use of the shield on the pants (though I would use it on both sides). I'm not a fan of the sleeve piping (just use solid black to match the collar) or the sleeve logos (too crowded). I think the sublimated flag pattern is enough on the sleeves.

Carolina: The only thing I like about these is the removal of silver. The elements are all pretty disjointed. I would go back to the drawing board on these.

Chicago: Can't say I like these. I don't see any issues with our current striping. If you want consistency, you could just put three solid orange stripes on the home sleeves (like our current throwbacks). And I see no problems with three stripes on the sleeves and braisher stripes on the pants (Bears and Niners pull it off). Also, with the numbers on the shoulders the GSH is fine on the sleeve IMO. I think it looks really nice this year. The throwback is nice...I could see them against the Packers yellow dot throwbacks.

A few quick hits:

- The Arizona set has a bit too much going on--on the road set, anyway. Colored yoke + sleeve stripes = overkill.

- I can get on board with the Falcons set, but may I offer a suggestion: swap out all the white for silver. That would evoke more of that Nobis-era nostalgia (as well as bring it closer to the pre-Glanville [?] sets, my favorite Falcons sets of all-time).

- I want to like the Panthers set, if for no other reason than their cyan gets pushed to the forefront, as so many believe it should since it's a unique color and all. Or, at least was until the UFL seemed to want to make it their only league color--which also illustrates my key point of contention with this Panthers set. I've never been a fan of white helmets for Carolina--just doesn't jive in my mind (but that's just me). The sleeve and pant-stripe treatment I can live with, though. The pants stripe is especially neat.

- The Ravens set = win. I really don't know how I feel about white socks with all that darkness up top (on the home sets), but short of purple socks, I really don't know what else you do with that, so the white socks work for me (plus, their inaugural sets had them, so there's that). I really think pants stripes like the ones you have will enhance the real Ravens' sets that much more...after all, it worked for the Jaguars for the short time they had it.

- The Bears' sets are really a lateral move for me. The offset stripes really don't add anything for me, nor do they really detract from the set, either. Throwback set works, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

(5) Chicago Bears

hellmet.png

Chicago has an undeniable look, so it would be risky to do too much to its identity. Despite having the same home and road look for decades, changes are made here to the striping to make for a more consistent set, without ruining the identity. Also, the GSH logo has been moved to the helmet to keep the sleeves from being crammed. The 30s throwback is something different as well.

**Quick update. I'm going to redo the Bills and give a V2 of Carolina! Those are coming next.

love the throwback but I think it would look better with a blue mask...not feeling the home as you've essentially made the striping the equivalent of the packers or chiefs

is this thread done already? come on, these are some good concepts!

The last concept was posted 2 days ago! Relax and give the guy some time and space, he can post when he's good and ready.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived