2012-13 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

And thus ended the trend of playing basketball games on aircraft carriers.

Leave it to Athletic Directors to take a neat-sounding idea and run it into the ground in a year, as well as running afoul of something your damn meteorology department could have warned you about.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan State goes loses to UConn in Germany and Purdue lost to Bucknell at home. Not the best day for the conference that was supposed to be the best in the pre-season.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) will only send one participant, either Drexel or Old Dominion University, to the Big Dance in March 2013.

George Mason University will finish 4th in the conference in the regular season and be ousted in the Quaterfinals of the CAA Men's Basketball tournament.

The Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) will only send one participant, either Drexel or Old Dominion University, to the Big Dance in March 2013.

George Mason University will finish 4th in the conference in the regular season and be ousted in the Quaterfinals of the CAA Men's Basketball tournament.

ODU is ineligible for the CAA Tournament because they are leaving for C-USA next year. The only way they can get to the NCAA Tournament is with an at-large bid. That seems all but impossible after starting their season 0-2 with home losses to Holy Cross and UTSA.

ODU is ineligible for the CAA Tournament because they are leaving for C-USA next year. The only way they can get to the NCAA Tournament is with an at-large bid. That seems all but impossible after starting their season 0-2 with home losses to Holy Cross and UTSA.

Well :censored:. See how much I pay attention to college hoops? Since that's the case regarding ODU, then maybe GMU has a shot of going to the Big Dance.

It's kind of sad that I live down the street from Mason and rarely get out to the Patriot Center for a game.

Well :censored:. See how much I pay attention to college hoops? Since that's the case regarding ODU, then maybe GMU has a shot of going to the Big Dance.

It's kind of sad that I live down the street from Mason and rarely get out to the Patriot Center for a game.

Drexler is going to be pretty good, but keep an eye out for Delaware too. They've got one of the best scorers in the conference and one of the better big men as well. I'd pick Drexler to win the conference and Delaware to come in second. Obviously anything can happen in the CAA Tournament when it actually matters to get a bid to the Big Dance.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

First shipment of fail for the Pac-12, Washington loses to Albany at home. Another shipment just got stopped as UCLA barely beats UC Irvine by one in OT. Washington lost their best players, so them struggling is understood. While at UCLA, I know Shabazz Muhammad is ineligible, but there is no excuse for that to happen. After their final four runs they have gotten worse and worse, including some embarassing losses along the way. Something is really wrong with them. Ben Howland won't be around much more if this continues.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Coach Cal at half of UK-Duke

"We know they're flopping. In the NBA they'd all be suspended."

John Calipari is calling out another program for cheating??

73118864407526579914874.gif

As a Louisville fan, I know that false claim all the time by UK fans. He's just covering up his regime of cheating in the long "tradition" of NCAA violations at UK.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

With a score of 68-56, Youngstown State beats Georgia.

:D

Don't sleep on the Horizon League -- so far they've looked pretty good.

And Butler had its "Welcome to the A-10" moment getting absolutely handled by Xavier. Welcome to mediocrity, asshats.

Oddly enough, that was a OoC game for both teams. It was scheduled before Butler's leap to the A-10 (plus 4), so there you go. Still, kinda of a rude entrance from Xavier though.

On another note: Is there any reason to give a damn about events like the Puerto Rico Tip-Off and the Charleston Classic? They seem so... so tacked on.

Drexler is going to be pretty good, but keep an eye out for Delaware too. They've got one of the best scorers in the conference and one of the better big men as well. I'd pick Drexler to win the conference and Delaware to come in second. Obviously anything can happen in the CAA Tournament when it actually matters to get a bid to the Big Dance.

Drexel*

And they are now 0-2 after losing at home to Illinois State. Still a long ways to go, but the Dragons can't keep letting these games get away from them if they want any shot at an at-large bid.

Archived