2012-13 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wake basketball needs to pack it up for the season, or immediately fire Bzdelik. 3-4 with BAD losses to Iona and Richmond. I haven't been to a game since the 09-10 season. I just can't support this team.

Wake Forest did Colorado a massive favor by taking Coach Buzz off the Buffs' hands. He hasn't done much since helping turn the Nuggets around a decade ago. He was decent at Air Force, but absolutely horrible while he was with the Buffs. Not surprised he's letting the folks in Winston-Salem down.

6uXNWAo.png

Wake basketball needs to pack it up for the season, or immediately fire Bzdelik. 3-4 with BAD losses to Iona and Richmond. I haven't been to a game since the 09-10 season. I just can't support this team.

Wake Forest did Colorado a massive favor by taking Coach Buzz off the Buffs' hands. He hasn't done much since helping turn the Nuggets around a decade ago. He was decent at Air Force, but absolutely horrible while he was with the Buffs. Not surprised he's letting the folks in Winston-Salem down.

Him and the AD are BFF's, that's why he took him. If there is no firing by the end of the season, they are both gonna be jobless.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Per Utah AD Chris Hill, the University of Utah will be retiring Rick Majerus' infamous cream sweater and putting it in the rafters. This was almost certainly pushed by Rick's good friend and industrialist, Jon Huntsman Sr (who is ponying up the dough to renovate the Huntsman Center--which will also feature a Majerus wing). Dr. Hill and Huntsman have been wanting to honor Rick for a while, but he was had been so hesitant about it that it wont get done until now that it's a bit too late

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

This is going to be Ohio State's new basketball floor when the team returns over Christmas Break.

I think it is a HUGE upgrade from what they have now (Which has been the same floor since like 2006).

7D9Rl.jpg

I like the shape of Ohio, so I like it. I would much prefer this over what they currently use. Colored baselines also look nicer than the two-tone wood, in my opinion.

On a related Big Ten note, the Gophers are preparing for their annual conference play meltdown by winning all of their non-conference games (besides their one loss to Duke). They really only have one challenge remaining in USC on the road, but otherwise they'll be cruising until their December 31st matchup against Michigan State. Being ranked #14 in the AP poll, although exciting, is meaningless at this point in the year. The moment Minnesota starts winning key conference games is the moment I start believing this team can make it farther than the NIT.

USC isn't any good this year. And Illinois is in pretty much the same boat, currently undefeated and ranked #13 but not with much to show for it. I'll be happy if they show up for the start of Big Ten play with only two losses (Gonzaga and Mizzou). If they pull out either of those, I'll be really happy with non-conference play. I have a really bad feeling about playing at Gonzaga on Saturday though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

USC isn't any good this year. And Illinois is in pretty much the same boat, currently undefeated and ranked #13 but not with much to show for it. I'll be happy if they show up for the start of Big Ten play with only two losses (Gonzaga and Mizzou). If they pull out either of those, I'll be really happy with non-conference play. I have a really bad feeling about playing at Gonzaga on Saturday though.

They won handily at Gonzaga tonight. Wash some of that doubt away.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

They won handily at Gonzaga tonight. Wash some of that doubt away.

This bottle of champagne is washing that doubt away pretty well right now. Our semi-formal was tonight so I didn't get to watch the game but I couldn't be happier right now (well I could since I somehow screwed myself into being on here right now). Looking at what happened, it seems like they dominated us inside like I expected with all the big men being in foul trouble. But Brandon Paul has been playing this year like he actually wants to be in the NBA and stepped up in a big game like Ohio State last year. Oh well, I'm sold on this team. Bring on Mizzou, I really wish I could be in St. Louis for that game. I really think we're going to win that one too. I wouldn't have believed anyone if they said Illinois would be in the Top 10 at any point this year, but they managed to pull that one off already. Oskee Wow Wow.

Chief2.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's always nice to see IU lose, but it's even better when it's to a team that we beat by 17. As long as Illinois gets by Eastern Kentucky (who is undefeated, but with an awful SOS) it will be the best that Illinois and Mizzou have been at the Braggin' Rights Game in a while.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Went to the Oregon-Nebraska game tonight. First game in Mac Court, and I have to say that's one helluva state of the art arena.

And in complete contrast with the football team, Oregon won 60-38 in a very defensive game. In fact, they had more rebounds (41) than Nebraska had points. Has that ever happened in a match between two "BCS" schools?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Went to the Oregon-Nebraska game tonight. First game in Mac Court, and I have to say that's one helluva state of the art arena.

And in complete contrast with the football team, Oregon won 60-38 in a very defensive game. In fact, they had more rebounds (41) than Nebraska had points. Has that ever happened in a match between two "BCS" schools?

Nebraska is bad. Like really bad. Luckily for them, the two other horrible Big Ten teams had their respective best players injured for the year so they might luck into a 10th place finish.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Tough loss for the Ducks tonight, they fall in 3OT at (now) 4-5 UTEP Miners.

Ducks didn't look like they wanted to win. Sloppy play, horrendous free throw percentage.

So much for being on the fringe of the top 25. (for now)

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Archived