2012-13 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Temple might give Syracuse some trouble. Temple is so underrated and often gives big time programs trouble.

Also, the color vs. color matchup of Illinois and Missouri combined with the fact that both teams are ranked in the top 12 creates a great game. This game also makes me wish Missouri was in the Big Ten.

Disappointing to drop the first game, but it's no surprise to see Illinois lose when they only shoot 26% from three. But as long as they take care of business in Chicago against Auburn, they'll be heading into Big Ten play with only one loss and two quality wins away from Champaign. And that would be more than anyone would have expected from this team so I'm happy.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Tough loss for the Ducks tonight, they fall in 3OT at (now) 4-5 UTEP Miners.

Ducks didn't look like they wanted to win. Sloppy play, horrendous free throw percentage.

So much for being on the fringe of the top 25. (for now)

Both this and 'Bama's blowout loss to VCU really lessen the value of Cincinnati's two best wins.

After UNM and 'Cuse went down today, we're now left with 5 unbeatens: #1 Duke, #2 Michigan, #4 Arizona (will move up to #3 with the Syracuse loss), #11 Cincinnati (soon to be top 10?) and unranked Wyoming (soon to be ranked?). Judging by scheduling, one would have to think either Michigan or Wyoming will be the next to record a loss of these five, or Cincinnati if said person isn't an unabashed homer like me. :P

25yzwqg.png

Calipari has yet to be caught circumventing NCAA regulations at Kentucky, so the Wildcats are clean.

So far... Just because the NCAA couldn't find anything on Noel doesn't mean it wasn't fishy by any means.

Calipari has yet to be caught circumventing NCAA regulations at Kentucky, so the Wildcats are clean.

So far... Just because the NCAA couldn't find anything on Noel doesn't mean it wasn't fishy by any means.

Just go ask Memphis and UMass to see the sanctions he caused.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Well, now I'm a believer in this Minnesota team. They defeated #18 Michigan State and are ranked in the top ten for the first time in over 30 years. For not being ranked coming into the season, that isn't bad. I'm looking forward to their first true road test against Indiana and then the battle between two "surprise" teams in Champaign. Overall, I'm excited for Big Ten play. The Gophers tend to hibernate during the months of January and February, so to get a win to start off the conference season is huge for Minnesota.

Man, Arizona dodged a bullet tonight. They comeback on Colorado, only to seemingly lose at the buzzer. Then it gets waived off(I couldn't watch the game, but fellow AZ fans said that it should've stood). The Cats won by 9 in OT. The Buffs have a solid team though, and should make the tourney again.

Yup, Cujo's photo proves them right.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived