Parts of a uniform you associate a player with

GriffinM6

Actually, the first thing I thought of was something I associate with a player because he wasn't wearing it: Clint Malarchuk and the clear throat protector that hangs from goalie masks.

dipietro.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This one may only be me, but I always associated this style of helmet (Schutt, I think?) with Warren Sapp. Not so much as he was the only player to wear it or anything, but because it came off during play so often.

82892009_display_image.jpg

Another one was Bret Favre and the unstrapped helmet. He must've HATED wearing the chin strap because he wouldn't latch it up untill he walked to the line and it was usually undone before the pass was even caught.

2010890103.jpg

That and the single clip chinstrap

Matt Hasselbeck is still in the league?? :blink:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Those ProCap and Gladiator helmets just make me think of Starcraft's space marines.

Dr102808b.jpg021_Marine_Concept_4.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Those ProCap and Gladiator helmets just make me think of Starcraft's space marines.

Just looked these up and they still make those gladiator helmets and pro caps for the newer riddell helmets

Yup - I found a pic on their site myself.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 3 weeks later...

Derek Jeter's shin guard.

jeter.jpg

Don Mattingly's Eye Black

51192806_display_image.jpg?1299734955

Joe Torre's ever-present old-school jacket.

XcOzmZiPoZ.jpg

Manny Ramirez's Doo Rag

2008_08_manny.jpg

Not exactly a part of the uniform, but Bobby Valentine's moustache and shirt

Bobby-Vs-disguise.jpg

I was planning on posting Olerud as well. If I recall correctly, he had a metal plate in his head from a car accident, so he would wear a batting helmet in the field so that he didn't take a line drive or any ball off his head in the field.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was planning on posting Olerud as well. If I recall correctly, he had a metal plate in his head from a car accident, so he would wear a batting helmet in the field so that he didn't take a line drive or any ball off his head in the field.

Not quite. He had brain aneurysm while in college.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this a bump, but a quality bump nonetheless. Heath Bell has always worn a hat with a sharp V brim since he was on the Padres. And it continued with the Marlins, Diamondbacks, and Rays. Nobody else in the MLB to my knowledge bends his hat like he does.

iqakg4.png

Also, I am shocked that nobody has said this yet. Horace Grant made the rec specs famous. They're not really a part of the uniform, but they made him stand out.

HoraceGrantSpecs.jpg

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Archived