Evolution of the Hartford Whalers logo

NickRJ325

Good thing they didn't go with C or D. Now that I look at them again, the negative space looks more like an A than an H.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That was such a great logo before they ruined it with the unnecessary outlines.

I can't believe I agree with you on something, but that logo without the outlines is pretty awesome. :)

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Wrong. Those navy Whale jerseys were modern classics.

The white one is... The decision to have navy prominent over green was most unfortunate. Especially considering the NHL's other green team ditched it in favour of black. Gotta love the 90's

Really, both looks were great. One works better if you're a fan of kelly green, the other works better if you're not. Simply a matter of taste.

Personally, I love the kelly green jerseys better, but I like the outlined logo better. Brings it together a little more, makes it self-contained and unable to be screwed up. It also makes it vaguely shield-like, something I always liked, and I think most importantly, it made it so that the logo stayed the same colors on both jerseys.

Not that the older one was bad, just personal preference at this point.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Distinguishing between hillbilly, redneck, hick, and cracker is sort of like talking about how a girl can be attractive, cute, pretty, or hot, but the visual aids aren't as pleasant.

I agree. Bigotry IS cool.

Well, it is hipster to love every race but white people.

Hate whitey is a progressive cause.

p4Ut2be.png

Distinguishing between hillbilly, redneck, hick, and cracker is sort of like talking about how a girl can be attractive, cute, pretty, or hot, but the visual aids aren't as pleasant.

Can we stop with the trolling now? You guys are the only ones keeping this stupid conversation alive.

Can we stop with the trolling now? You guys are the only ones keeping this stupid conversation alive.

It might just die if you quit playing moderator.

I had a Canucks concept once that stole the Hurricanes' striping. Ended up having kind of a PNW tribal feel. Doesn't really work for the Whalers, though, who don't encounter many hurricanes. Nor'easters, maybe.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived